What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had a busy weekend so far with chores, father in law visiting, and sight seeing in Boston. So I’m rewarding myself with some turkey. :)

F7D6AAE2-08AA-415C-9183-E5A4C7F270ED.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, mal00768 said:

Had a busy weekend so far with chores, father in law visiting, and sight seeing in Boston. So I’m rewarding myself with some turkey. :)

There are a lot of St. Louisans in town right now!

• I like it 1

Warm weather, friends over to celebrate memorial day in our back yard, so felt right to have some refreshing Kentucky Mules. Love the spiciness of Royal Jamaica ginger beer, great compliment with both OF Rye and Knob SmB. 

• I like it 1

Raising a glass of ECBP Batch 3 in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country.  May their loss never be forgotten, or taken for granted.

• I like it 9

Colonel EH Taylor, at barrel proof, 2018 Ed. Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 2

Having a pour from my Gifted Horse bottle that's been open for about 3 yrs. I found out early on that for me it needs to be brought down to around 100 proof to get rid of some harshness and open it up a bit.

For some reason, maybe because of all the B.S. Diageo fed us with this one, I always feel kind of guilty for enjoying it.

• I like it 1

A few months back I helped a local liquor store do a barrel pack of WJ 12y.   They knew the barrel was going to be here around Memorial Day, and it came in a week before, so they designed this sticker to put on it in honor of our fallen soldiers.  The bonus is, this is the absolute best WJ that I have ever had, store pic or off of the shelf. What a great bourbon.

God bless America!! 

73C66798-9CD6-4B18-8512-9A1545060BCC.thumb.jpeg.a604ab9659cf81752c64aaa1c71ed4f3.jpeg

• I like it 8

Just cracked open a ECBP C917. I picked up some wine for my wife tonight and the store had two bottles of A119 on the shelf for $54.99. I’ve got 3 or 4 others in the bunker and wasn’t sure if I needed another. So basically, I just had to open one so I could justify going back tomorrow to grab one. 

• I like it 3

E83383ED-BD19-4C8A-BB10-B7A111EBBE2C.thumb.jpeg.1e7d10202b48ca2193a63edd42cab998.jpeg2018 GTS, the bottle was already back in the cabinet when I thought about posting it so, there it is. Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 4

Dickel BIB - took me second dram to come around to appreciating this chew

• I like it 1

I'm just amazed at how much I like this whiskey. IIRC, this is a Heaven Hill bourbon that David Sherman bought (now Luxco), and this is a much better barrel than the 2005 bottle I had a few years ago. That one was decent but fairly bland. 

EzraB.jpg

• I like it 3

I'm just amazed at how much I like this whiskey. IIRC, this is a Heaven Hill bourbon that David Sherman bought (now Luxco), and this is a much better barrel than the 2005 bottle I had a few years ago. That one was decent but fairly bland. 

EzraB.thumb.jpg.062fc98b44646833528a49dcb75e05be.jpg

Rub it in for those of us who have never tried it. I’m sure it’s far superior to the 7yr Old Ezra 101, which is pretty good to me. Cheers, and enjoy that old dusty Gary!

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Rub it in for those of us who have never tried it. I’m sure it’s far superior to the 7yr Old Ezra 101, which is pretty good to me. Cheers, and enjoy that old dusty Gary!

It was at the Gazebo on Saturday night, Jeff :P  However, I understand why people would've ignored it since there were so many other goodies on the table and this is from an NDP

• I like it 1

A BT PS tonight. Finally on the downhill side of a nasty cold.
IMG_2802.jpg

• I like it 2

WT101. A blue collar drink for a blue collar hockey team. Let's Go Bluuuuues!!!

• I like it 3

It was at the Gazebo on Saturday night, Jeff [emoji14]  However, I understand why people would've ignored it since there were so many other goodies on the table and this is from an NDP

I obviously don’t remember seeing it...or don’t remember trying it...CRS disease you know, but as you said, there was lots of other stuff on the table too!
  • I like it 1

WT101. A blue collar drink for a blue collar hockey team. Let's Go Bluuuuues!!!

Let’s go whoever is playing the team from Boston.
  • I like it 1

Early Times Bottled in Bond hit the Texas market recently. BIB Brown Forman, 1L at $23 man I hope it’s good. Want this to be a regular in the rotation. I’ve almost bought the ET straight bourbon they sell in Europe but turned off by the 80 proof.

Early thoughts on Early Times? Nose, hint of corn syrup and vanilla along with wet dog? Wet dog might just be me smelling my upper lip.

Palate and finish, short, nothing offensive, easy sipping but nothing really going on. First try so I need to spend more time with this bottle. Guess you can’t ask much for $23 a liter. Definitely different from from Jack and OF where I get the banana note. Was hoping for a OF Sig with the great banana on the nose and palate.

IMG_6807.JPG

+1 for screw cap and cool label

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.