What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not your cup of tea?

I do like it for something different. Just got a lot of open bottles, at least for me and the space I have allotted.

15 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Virgin Bourbon really is vastly superior to standard EW BIB.  Unfortunately, only available in a few (mostly) strict control states.  HH’s benevolence to those less fortunate, again!  :D

I’d have to try SBS. The only time I had EW BiB was to finish the night after KCSiB and 1792FP. 

What i I can say about Virgin Bourbon is that w/o really searching, it started off classic bourbon sweetness flavors.  Then the cherry developed and eventually the almond notes. So some readily accessible complexity in a super value price range. Not as “smooth” as WT101 and does not have the added rye notes. But i’d be happy with a bottle of each in my rotation on any given day

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

Let’s go Blues !  ?

9200F919-8C1C-450C-A5F9-F3BF46CC363D.jpeg

Nice dram ? . How is it ? I find the 2014 GTS pretty amazing. Having some 2012 at the moment, same category, except the 2016 and the 2006, all GTS were at least stellar to me. Enjoy and cheers! 

Will.

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Nice dram ? . How is it ? I find the 2014 GTS pretty amazing. Having some 2012 at the moment, same category, except the 2016 and the 2006, all GTS were at least stellar to me. Enjoy and cheers! 

Will.

The ‘14 is my favorite GTS ever. 

Probably because it’s the first one I ever tried, so every other release gets compared to it unjustly. 

2010 is the only other one that’s even come close to comparison for me. 

:)

• I like it 2

On 6/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, JMFH said:

Very solid batch.

spacer.png

On 6/5/2019 at 7:19 PM, JMFH said:

Very solid batch.

spacer.png

I haven't seen this batch yet but I will continue looking.  I opened A119 tonight.  Solid pour as usual.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Ezra 7 101 once again.  Wife has the AC on 66 so it feels like a midwinter pour.?

My wife keeps the house cold and the tv loud.  After a few pours, I don't even notice.  ?

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Popped the cork on this one tonight. IMG_1619.jpg

That is one of my favorites. Enjoy. 

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, BrokeCal said:

Sometimes you just feel like corn.

00301C8E-1446-47A3-9532-00122619A869.jpeg

Got that right!    I keep a bottle in the freezer, for those times when I need a shot of corn goodness.   I will admit, however, I've never had MC in a glencairn

5 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Got that right!    I keep a bottle in the freezer, for those times when I need a shot of corn goodness.   I will admit, however, I've never had MC in a glencairn

Ha ha, well it does bring out a buttery corn smell that is completely lost when you drink it on the rocks, which though, is how I usually drink it.

Decided a rainy Saturday calls for a 100 proof Blanton’s.  Watching the Braves while drinking delicious bourbon. Life is good. 

1550F7F3-A954-44BA-9D1B-0631DE13957E.jpeg

• I like it 3

With an ice cube to knock the proof down a bit, this is quickly over taking Eagle Rare as my favorite daily drinker...and it is easily found.IMG_20190608_205538077.jpg

• I like it 3

Cracked this open a few weeks ago, and it has been a huge surprise.  My expectations were low, and this stuff turned out to be pretty dang good.

IMG_20190608_214904.jpg

• I like it 7

On 6/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, FasterHorses said:

Ezra 7 101 once again.  Wife has the AC on 66 so it feels like a midwinter pour.

Burn some wet leaves in the fireplace and chew on a few raw mushrooms while sipping.  HEAVEN!!  You'll be thinking of football in the Fall.  I am sorry to see this disappear; it was one of my faves while doing Fall yard cleanup.

EDIT - Oh, yeah - what I drinking?  Bakers with a melted cube.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.