What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had some reg MM at my niece and her boyfriends earlier for the Belmont Stakes. Left me wanting more so now a pour of MMCS.
IMG_2816.jpg

• I like it 2

Its my youngest birthday party tonight (she is 12), and she wanted hamburgers on the pit, so you know how that goes.... So, I'm cooking hamburgers on the pit, and drinking Weller 12y tonight.   

D7996D5B-3E09-4C69-A5B4-C97448D119D6.thumb.jpeg.ce3fd0a9e555c7f49ed099d8c6f320de.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 4

A couple RR SiB (F 5th floor and K 3rd floor) while watching David of Rarebird101. Nice way to wind down on a quiet Saturday. 

20190608_212728.jpg

• I like it 3

On 6/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, FasterHorses said:

Ezra 7 101 once again.  Wife has the AC on 66 so it feels like a midwinter pour.

Found some at a local store, but they want $30, and I just can't see paying that. Never had it, but the reviews I hears basically say $20 or less.

14 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

Found some at a local store, but they want $30, and I just can't see paying that. Never had it, but the reviews I hears basically say $20 or less.

I hear ya. I can still find it for $21 and have enough bunkered. If I’m objective, its not the greatest but its better than good.  Its a 7 year age stated HH bourbon that is fairly close to the HHBIB taste that is gone forever. Ive had worse for $30. 

• I like it 3

17 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

To make you fell better, lemme say - when it was readily available at under $15, I kept one extra "just in case".  If it'd been over $15, I'd have skipped it entirely EXCEPT in the Fall when its flavor and smell  just fits my leave raking, branch pickup mood - including that wet earth, moldy leaf smell.  Now that it's gone, I could see $30 for  one or so BUT ONLY IF I was in a buying mood and got carried away by the nostalgia.  And, I think I might have a few others that'll sub just fine come Fall.

• I like it 1

a trio of wheater's tonight and there is clear distance between them

Abraham Bowman Sweet XVI is the easier winner, followed by a Maker's Mark Private Select and the Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 15 in last

Enjoying HMcK10, while watching my Texas Rangers play a double header today/tonight.

Adrian Beltre' had his number retired today. Well earned & even more deserved.  Thank you for the great years Adrian. 

Getting near the bottom of this HMcK10 bottle.

Has been a good bottle. Not a "Tater bait" bottle, but a good pour at a reasonable price. (Like ETL used to be.)

I think this bottle is the most recent HMcK10 I have picked up, in the last 6 months.  And it probably will be the last for a while. Only because we are all living in Taterville. Hello Bunker. ?

Cheers. 

Cracked this open a few weeks ago, and it has been a huge surprise.  My expectations were low, and this stuff turned out to be pretty dang good.
IMG_20190608_214904.thumb.jpg.69228a6dae3e32e2ccd6aaf2df4df9d6.jpg

I’m betting this is pretty good, age stated, paper label Weller.

OGD 114 after a dry couple of weeks. What a wonderful re-entry pour or anytime pour for that matter, delicious and satisfying.

I ended my birthday weekend like I started it, with a pour of VWSR "Lot B". There were many different pour between Friday after work and this evenings last pour, too many to name. However, I will say, the Lot B was NOT the best pour I had all weekend. I know that will come as a surprise to some??. It did open up a little bit with some air time, but it was in the lower half of pours for the weekend which is sad. 

Some of that EC 23 goodness on this drizzly afternoon.
IMG_0243.thumb.JPG.535cd266e7fa90259f2ede0b36bcd2ea.JPG

Women’s soccer on the tele?

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Women’s soccer on the tele?

Yep, England vs Scotland while waiting for the Nats and Padres to come on.  ;) 

Just cracked VOB for the first time, absolutely fantastic.  Notes of maple syrup and brown sugar without being sickly sweet.  Very happy.

Shared some pours of Old Fitz 9yr Bib with my son this weekend.  Really noticed hints of sweet pipe tobacco on the nose...

While listening to Miles Davis and John Coltrane. Always a nice way to spend an evening. 

2E4C2FF2-367E-4A30-B0D8-4506039D55BA.jpeg

Edited by Curtis Reed
  • I like it 6

On 6/9/2019 at 1:56 PM, DCFan said:

Some of that EC 23 goodness on this drizzly afternoon.

IMG_0243.JPG

Curious how you found this one.  When I had it side by side I liked the Rhetoric a bit more.

• I like it 1

After packing the suitcase for my flight to see my new granddaughter tomorrow, thought I'd have a nice pour of CEHT Tornado. (it's as

good a reason as any :))

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 9

Was finally able to get an ET BIB while in SC. Just reread the BOTM thread on this while finishing up the first pour. Agree that it is worth trying, especially if you are a BF fan and can find it. 

IMG_20190610_222945_1.thumb.jpg.c95fa2055333df34e285360e553bf39f.jpg

• I like it 1

A rather late nightcap after a perfect evening at Dee's Western Cocktail Lounge.

2019-06-11 02.08.53.jpg

Wild Turkey 101. I've been a WT guy for my whole drinking life but the modern bottles of plain 101 are so fantastic that I go back to it night after night. I found some handles for $25 a piece and stocked up big time, sorry I can't remember the date code for my fellow nerds but it's a recent batch. Absolutely fantastic

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.