What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight at Jack Rose:

Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve 13yr, distilled in Frankfort
Old Charter 7yr, distilled in Louisville
OWA, Jack Rose 2018 pick
BTEC, 15y9m, BT #2 mash bill, #7 char

Nice lineup how was the OC anything like the modern stuff?

Enjoying the fabulous weather and a day off work with some Old Ripy.  This is tasting very good today. 

33E5F1A3-92F1-4DE1-B140-0E04DFF9E399.jpeg

• I like it 2

Seems like more and more I'm leaving my high end stuff on the shelf and reaching for one of my favorite budget bottles. Today it's MM. No apologies, I like it. It's a damn solid bourbon for $20.

• I like it 8

Still on killing bottles mode, SOAS 10y 53% something. Tonight it’s a 127.2 CEHTBP, making room for new ones. Cheers! 

Will. 

• I like it 1

Enjoying the fabulous weather and a day off work with some Old Ripy.  This is tasting very good today. 
33E5F1A3-92F1-4DE1-B140-0E04DFF9E399.thumb.jpeg.e668290c0969fdbc38b46d286030e051.jpeg

I kept passing on this due to the price for a long time. Around the time that I had talked myself into buying a bottle, they were all gone! I keep looking though, and I’ll probably find one someday.

I just opened my first bottle of Weller Special Reserve and am absolutely loving it. Not easy to find here in the UK, so I'm going to have to look around and find some more, this bottle isn't going to last long.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I kept passing on this due to the price for a long time. Around the time that I had talked myself into buying a bottle, they were all gone! I keep looking though, and I’ll probably find one someday.

I see those quite often merchandised with the standard fractional bottles— gathering dust due to the comparatively high price point. Same holds true for some of the 375 ml LE Bowman releases. 

• I like it 1

Okay y'all, don't get your undies in a bundle. I'm blending again. :D Half and half MMCS and Maker's 46 PS with a splash of WSR added just for s**its and giggles. What can I say? To quote Hannibal Smith from the A Team, "I love it when a plan comes together." :P Ahhhh, wheater bliss.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Nice lineup how was the OC anything like the modern stuff?

Yes, the OC 7yr (80 proof) from Lousiville was very similar to the OC 8 NAS (80 proof) I bought last year. I'd say BT did a good job of keeping the profile, but then again they sure aren't bottling anything under the Old Charter brand these days that can match the OCPR 13. I had the last pour out of the bottle of 7yr; it was a little sad to see such an old bottle go the recycling plant in the sky.

Yes, the OC 7yr (80 proof) from Lousiville was very similar to the OC 8 NAS (80 proof) I bought last year. I'd say BT did a good job of keeping the profile, but then again they sure aren't bottling anything under the Old Charter brand these days that can match the OCPR 13. I had the last pour out of the bottle of 7yr; it was a little sad to see such an old bottle go the recycling plant in the sky.

Very cool that OCPR13 I’m sure is special.

I see those quite often merchandised with the standard fractional bottles— gathering dust due to the comparatively high price point. Same holds true for some of the 375 ml LE Bowman releases. 

Well, you and I need to discuss that situation. I’ll send you a PM.

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

Seems like more and more I'm leaving my high end stuff on the shelf and reaching for one of my favorite budget bottles. Today it's MM. No apologies, I like it. It's a damn solid bourbon for $20.

Makers Mark is so ubiquitous that it is underrated.  A quality bourbon at a fair price.

Maker’s Cask Strength out on the front patio while contemplating all kinds of deep shtuff...I’m not ready to say I can solve anything important, but I can reaffirm that this is great whiskey...  :D

• I like it 1

Almost finished this RHF.  Making me want to find some Blantons. 

Maker’s Cask Strength out on the front patio while contemplating all kinds of deep shtuff...I’m not ready to say I can solve anything important, but I can reaffirm that this is great whiskey...  [emoji3]

You and deep thinking? One of these things does not go together! [emoji3]
  • I like it 2

52 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Almost finished this RHF.  Making me want to find some Blantons. 

uh, no.   Pretty sure it’s the other way around. 

3 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

My new avi B)

Oh, c’mon. 

Vader smoking the cigar was epic.

And it kinda went w/ your screen name. 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.