What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Not much left.

Cheers!
MsBrXTz.jpg

Sorry for your impending loss.  Those are good bottles. 

• I like it 2

Running through the gear box and hitting on every single one. 

Good job Brent. This one is a winner. 

E03C9FE5-7372-4346-AA1A-6066D85CEA36.jpeg

• I like it 5

17 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Hmmm.  VW,  SFTB (Straight From The Bottle), eh?   Not sure that's the best way to enjoy yer VW; but, I can understand the sentiment.   Congrats!

15 hours ago, MJBlah said:

I just opened my first bottle of Weller Special Reserve and am absolutely loving it. Not easy to find here in the UK, so I'm going to have to look around and find some more, this bottle isn't going to last long.

was on amazon for 2 months or so for £31.99 . its oos at the moment though

10 hours ago, 0895 said:

Sorry for your impending loss.  Those are good bottles. 

Yes, it will be missed.:)

10 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

You and deep thinking? One of these things does not go together! emoji3.png

I know, right!  Head hurt this morning, and it wasn’t the Maker’s...  :D

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Okay y'all, don't get your undies in a bundle. I'm blending again. :D Half and half MMCS and Maker's 46 PS with a splash of WSR added just for s**its and giggles.

I enjoyed a similar blend awhile back, a Makers trifecta - equal parts MM, MMCS, MM46

• I like it 3

23 minutes ago, WillyP said:

Playing hooky...right now, on the dock. VOB BIB...lake day calling, y'all. ??

20190614_161333.jpg

Well, if that don’t look like a great day!  Lucky Dawg.  It ain’t the Frisco Bay, but a little Otis Redding would be good in the back ground.

• I like it 4

Sipping some PHC Blend of Mashbills for National Bourbon Day.  Every bit as lovely as I remember!

• I like it 2

I’ve moved on to some WTKS “Scalloped Shoulder” (I don’t think anyone has named the old bottle yet).

22 minutes ago, BigRich said:

I’ve moved on to some WTKS “Scalloped Shoulder” (I don’t think anyone has named the old bottle yet).

I mentally think of it as the “turkey fan.”

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

Oh, c’mon. 

Vader smoking the cigar was epic.

And it kinda went w/ your screen name. 

I’ll change it back eventually lol

• I like it 1

Before I finished a John J Bowman I did a blending experiment. I have a MMCS that just seems super hot but bland to me. Mixed it 50/50 with WSR and the results were amazing. Better than either by themselves for sure. Going to go ahead and do the rest of both bottles in my decanter.

• I like it 1

Before I finished a John J Bowman I did a blending experiment. I have a MMCS that just seems super hot but bland to me. Mixed it 50/50 with WSR and the results were amazing. Better than either by themselves for sure. Going to go ahead and do the rest of both bottles in my decanter.
I had a similar experience with MMCS. I mixed it 1:1 with MM46 and was wowed with the results.

I recently picked up a pair of MMPS to try the same thing with.

My wife complains about my breath after I drink any MM, so it'll have to wait
  • I like it 1

Finally got brave enough to crack into my Stagg Jr. Man this is hot! I might add a 2nd cube to tone it down. IMG_20190614_204445249.jpg

Attended my counties Whiskey event this afternoon. Tasted some Barrel Dovetail and Batch 9. Both good but not spending $110 ea. Tried the Legent, interesting but fizzled out quick and finish just left me hanging. Attended an EC seminar. Tasted through the 8 and 8 year PS’s, small batch and B519. The 8 year was my winner of the 2 PS’s. Seemed to be the consensus. The 9 was just too close the small batch. Tasted the 2 BT, 1792, and Blanton’s picks.
Palate is a little fried so just having a reg BT now.
IMG_2829.jpg

Have really been enjoying this. I'll need to pick up another bottle soon, hopefully my store still has one or two left.

IMG_1756.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.