What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, JakeySnakes said:

Have really been enjoying this. I'll need to pick up another bottle soon, hopefully my store still has one or two left.

IMG_1756.jpg

You deserve a couple more pours if you watched the Muts lose two today...

• I like it 1

A good-sized pour of ET BIB while packing up the beach condo and watching the Braves pull off a great comeback. I wasn't as productive as the wife would've wanted, but it was fun.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, JoeTerp said:

Curious how you found this one.  When I had it side by side I liked the Rhetoric a bit more.

This was my initial read on this from last month;

EC23 in a Glencairn. I can taste smoke, leather, sawdust and the earth. It’s fantastic. And the taste lasts and lasts.

• I like it 1

Wife's relatives in town.  Her brother and I started THURS w/GTS2018 then a nightcap of OGD BIB and FRI w/Isaac Bowman (port finish) early and 4R SmB Select later.  The 4R was a big hit although my one bottle is seriously depleted.  We may finish it off tonight.

The good news is: he'll be driving to Chicago next week via the "Southern route" - I64 through Lexington & Louisville then a side trip to Carbondale ILL.  He took pictures of the bottle so he can be sure to get the "right" ones.

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

He took pictures of the bottle so he can be sure to get the "right" ones.

If this isn't in the "Pro Tips" thread, it should be

• I like it 2

Had the wife blind me WTRB and WB Saffell. The Saffell was superior across the board, it’s not close. Worth 2x price? Hard to say and really price threshold varies by individual. However, IMO the Saffell delivers for the price.

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some Bulleit at the hotel pool bar for NBD.

20190614_211536-784x1613.jpg

It is always important to double up when pouring bourbon into those plastic hotel glasses. ?

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

It is always important to double up when pouring bourbon into those plastic hotel glasses. ?

That was just to keep track of how many I had. That stack got a bit higher.

• I like it 2

It’s almost midnight so a shout out to all the fathers out there. I’m celebrating my first Father’s Day as a proud dad of my baby girl. Cheers!

274E41AB-DD0C-4940-A91C-042C42ECB584.jpeg

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Had the wife blind me WTRB and WB Saffell. The Saffell was superior across the board, it’s not close. Worth 2x price? Hard to say and really price threshold varies by individual. However, IMO the Saffell delivers for the price.

I'm a big fan of the Saffell.  Reminds me of a really stellar store pick of Kentucky Spirit I have. 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:03 PM, Marekv8 said:

Eagle Rare 10 in the hotel room, from my travel kit...

7F04C870-F302-4497-8DC1-B884FAFD378A.thumb.jpeg.12d1e25bceef743a208a8792d92a4b8a.jpeg

TWA?  Wow I haven't seen that since I was a kid.  We had a red TWA travel bag I remember taking with us on family vacations.  

CEHT SmB while watching 24 Hours of Le Mans. One of my favorite races. 

Cheers. 

Onto The King of Bourbons:  George T Stagg. Love it. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

He took pictures of the bottle so he can be sure to get the "right" ones.

I've heard of folx doing this sort of thing to obtain the correct Single Barrel offerings, and for certain (supposedly) special WT batches lately.   I considered it, myself. 

But, when I figured how long it would take me to finish off the roll of film (often two+ years), then get it developed and printed, I supposed the sought-after bottles would all be gone anyway.   ...And, that doesn't even factor in the cost of the film and prints!   So, I bagged the whole idea.

• I like it 2

Small pour of EHTSmB last night after having some wine with the wife out on the deck. Went much better with the cigar than the wine.

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

I'm a big fan of the Saffell.  Reminds me of a really stellar store pick of Kentucky Spirit I have. 

Is this a regional product?  I've yet to see it here in the Bay Area but would love to try it.  My local Bevmo still has Old Ripy but not Saffell... 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:03 PM, Marekv8 said:

Eagle Rare 10 in the hotel room, from my travel kit...

7F04C870-F302-4497-8DC1-B884FAFD378A.thumb.jpeg.12d1e25bceef743a208a8792d92a4b8a.jpeg

I kinda feel like this should be posted over in the "memorabilia" section.

That kit is in mint un-used condition!

:)

Happy Father’s Day everyone! We are having the wife’s side of the family over. Here is the whiskey I’m putting out. Opened the Mitchters last night, very good. Just realized no low proof offerings so may need to dip into the bunker.  Plenty of beer as well. 

Smoker has been running all weekend and my in laws insisted on bringing steaks so there is going to be quite the spread . Will post a pic or two in the food thread later on. 

3460719D-1D6F-4B29-B46B-61A70E46C66A.jpeg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yes. It’s a complete pour. Great nose, oily palate, tons of flavor and a solid finish. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.