What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

But, when I figured how long it would take me to finish off the roll of film (often two+ years), then get it developed and printed, I supposed the sought-after bottles would all be gone anyway.   ...And, that doesn't even factor in the cost of the film and prints!   So, I bagged the whole idea.

Why am I not surprised....... :D

3 hours ago, fosmith said:

Is this a regional product?  I've yet to see it here in the Bay Area but would love to try it.  My local Bevmo still has Old Ripy but not Saffell... 

I don’t believe so, but I had to ask my LS to order it. Wouldn’t surprise me if stores didn’t order after the first two “duds” of the series that collected dust on the shelf.

MY dad and I sharing some EC while on the phone. A little ECPS that I picked up Friday. Got him some ECSmB that I had gotten a custom Fathers Day label for. Happy Father’s Day gents.
IMG_2865.jpg

• I like it 3

Two of my girls surprised me with this MM Private Select. As good as it gets.  My year old from NH stands ready for comparison. 

image.jpg

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, graftonbc1 said:

Two of my girls surprised me with this MM Private Select. As good as it gets.  My year old from NH stands ready for comparison. 

image.jpg

I’m still sipping on a bottle of the original codex from last year. Same stave combo. It is tasty. 

• I like it 3

6 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

I’m still sipping on a bottle of the original codex from last year. Same stave combo. It is tasty. 

I am airways impressed by a person who knows good bourbon. Enjoy!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. After a rocky start our vacation for the next 10 days is underway at an awesome VRBO in Florida. I don't even care that its pouring down rain.

I stopped by a store that I had last been here 2 years ago that had a great selection for good prices...Stagg Jr., EHT, ER10, WSR, Blanton's, etc. all at pretty much retail.  This morning I go in and they have a WSR for $65, Willett Pot Still for $99, and. GTS for...$700!  Did an about face, went to the Publix down the street and got the WT101 for $19.99.

20190616_151805-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 6

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. After a rocky start our vacation for the next 10 days is underway at an awesome VRBO in Florida. I don't even care that its pouring down rain.
I stopped by a store that I had last been here 2 years ago that had a great selection for good prices...Stagg Jr., EHT, ER10, WSR, Blanton's, etc. all at pretty much retail.  This morning I go in and they have a WSR for $65, Willett Pot Still for $99, and. GTS for...$700!  Did an about face, went to the Publix down the street and got the WT101 for $19.99.
20190616_151805-784x1613.thumb.jpg.8f4ab6a4aea17ab88ea699b85a8844fa.jpg
Welcome to Florida, our every day. Lol
Enjoy your vacation.

Happy Fathers Day. I’m just enjoying some US Open golf and enjoying this pour. IMG_2127.jpg

• I like it 2

Happy Father’s Day to all! Posted sometime shortly back that I was curtailing my bourbon intake due to a strict meal plan for a bit. HOWEVER, I’m honoring my dad today who passed almost 3 yrs ago due to an ugly fight with cancer. He enjoyed a variety of spirits. I started today with a dark spiced rum, followed by a generous pour of ECSmB, and now a hefty one of WTRB. (Sorry dad, no Bloody Mary’s for me ;)) Friends, If pops is still around tell them how much you love and appreciate them. 

• I like it 9

9 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I've heard of folx doing this sort of thing to obtain the correct Single Barrel offerings, and for certain (supposedly) special WT batches lately.   I considered it, myself. 

But, when I figured how long it would take me to finish off the roll of film (often two+ years), then get it developed and printed, I supposed the sought-after bottles would all be gone anyway.   ...And, that doesn't even factor in the cost of the film and prints!   So, I bagged the whole idea.

FILM!!!!!??????:o  Welcome to 2005.B)

Parker's Promise of Hope this afternoon, one of my favorites. Anyone who passed on this bottle because it was "only" 96 proof really missed out on a great whiskey.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

20190616_151805-784x1613.jpg

A little Turkey, palm trees, family and no work make for a good vacation.  Sharpen your saw and have a great time!

A little Father's Day celebration (Old Fitz 11yr BiB, New Riff SiB, Blanton's SFTB):

image.thumb.jpeg.4202cbbf3713c17d71445b3b500db16d.jpeg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, BMartin42 said:

Happy Fathers Day. I’m just enjoying some US Open golf and enjoying this pour. IMG_2127.jpg

That's a nice pour!  I bet you enjoyed it!

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BigRich said:

First pour of Father’s Day is a monster.

IMG_2034.jpg

I don't see a glass so is it safe to assume your pour was "SFTB"?  Straight from the bottle, jk.  Nice choice.  As you say, a "Monster."

• I like it 1

I enjoyed a solid pour of a new WR store select which I believe is stellar.  It is so thick it coats and clings to the glass.  It has so much going on that even my wife who ls like a little Nancy cannot pinpoint what she is tasting.  

I am going to follow up with something different just to change it up and to make the WR last longer in my mind than it will in reality.

• I like it 1

Had a great Father’s Day. Kids in bed and now this while watching the last bit of the US Open.
IMG_2866.jpg

• I like it 3

Not that my drinking rotation is important reading but I followed up with Ezra Brooks Barrel Strength 117.  I found it today for the first time and by happenstance.  It came home with me.  Stray dogs and interesting bottles of bourbon are my weakness.  Anyway, dangerously drinkable at 117 proof but I proofed it down to 105.  No loss of flavor or viscosity.  This is really good stuff.  My price out the door was $41.84.  I would buy another at that price.

• I like it 2

I don't see a glass so is it safe to assume your pour was "SFTB"?  Straight from the bottle, jk.  Nice choice.  As you say, a "Monster."

Just piss poor planning on my part. [emoji51]
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

FILM!!!!!??????:o  Welcome to 2005.B)

2005!!!???   You're giving me waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, Harry! 

You can possibly be forgiven, since you've never actually met me; but, just to clue you in a bit; nobody that knows me thinks I ever left the 80's.   (NO! Not the 1880s!) :lol:

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Is this a regional product?  I've yet to see it here in the Bay Area but would love to try it.  My local Bevmo still has Old Ripy but not Saffell... 

It's a national release.  Not sure why you haven't seen it yet but generally speaking, different states can get products months apart.

OWA, with an ice cube. Sipping all day with the kids  to celebrate fathers day. So glad I stocked up on 1.75 ltr bottles when it was flowing into Ohio. It's an every day sip now. The 750 ml are still here and picking up a couple when in the LS has become a habit. Happy fathers day to all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.