What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, the relatives will be leaving tomorrow, so tonight my brother in law and I decided we'd finish off the last two or so inches in the OGD BIB decanter.  I use an old orange screw-top, old label OGD BIB mainly so I can see it sitting on the floor under a butler's table in a dark corner of the dining room among some other bottles.  (And, yes, I have another such decanter next to my TV chair.) 

YUM!

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Happy Father’s Day everyone! We are having the wife’s side of the family over. Here is the whiskey I’m putting out. Opened the Mitchters last night, very good. Just realized no low proof offerings so may need to dip into the bunker.  Plenty of beer as well. 

Smoker has been running all weekend and my in laws insisted on bringing steaks so there is going to be quite the spread . Will post a pic or two in the food thread later on. 

3460719D-1D6F-4B29-B46B-61A70E46C66A.jpeg

Well done! That's more than a solid lineup.

11 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Why am I not surprised....... :D

lololololololol

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

First pour of Father’s Day is a monster.

IMG_2034.jpg

BOOM!

• I like it 1

On 6/14/2019 at 11:03 PM, Marekv8 said:

Eagle Rare 10 in the hotel room, from my travel kit...

7F04C870-F302-4497-8DC1-B884FAFD378A.thumb.jpeg.12d1e25bceef743a208a8792d92a4b8a.jpeg

Looks like you paid a visit to the old TWA terminal at JFK which someone turned into a TWA themed hotel and was opened just a few weeks ago?

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, 0895 said:

I kinda feel like this should be posted over in the "memorabilia" section.

That kit is in mint un-used condition!

:)

It's all new stuff from the TWA Hotel @ JFK…

IMG_1516.thumb.jpg.123f204934126ee864c144555d3a6efc.jpg

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, 0895 said:

I kinda feel like this should be posted over in the "memorabilia" section.

That kit is in mint un-used condition!

:)

The iconic TWA terminal has been turned into a hotel with a TWA theme to celebrate the jet set age. From the logo on the glass my guess is that’s from the new hotel.

doh!! Already been answered ?

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1

My son invited us over to his new home for dinner.  He cooked a venison backstrap (tenderloin) stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar, sauteed onions & jalapenos & soy sauce, wrapped in bacon.  Enjoyed it with a pour of Old Forrester 1910.

• I like it 4

My son invited us over to his new home for dinner.  He cooked a venison backstrap (tenderloin) stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, sharp cheddar, sauteed onions & jalapenos & soy sauce, wrapped in bacon.  Enjoyed it with a pour of Old Forrester 1910.

Wow want this.
  • I like it 1

It was really, really tasty.  He takes after his old man in the culinary area.  Served it with roasted potatoes and carrots. 

Drinking some JB DC. Cheap and delicious. Its all but dried up in all the stores in my vicinity...no thanks to me.

• I like it 1

JD Single Barrel Select for me tonight.  I'm glad I took a chance; a great sale helped.  I call this dessert bourbon. 

• I like it 2

Wild Turkey Longbranch........just doesn't do it on its own but when you boost it with some Rare Breed.........superb.

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, flahute said:

Wild Turkey Longbranch........just doesn't do it on its own but when you boost it with some Rare Breed.........superb.

Hey Steve, just in time - I was thinking of dumping the "celebrity" swill down the drain, but will try the blend tonite! 

Many thanks!   ?

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, flahute said:

What proportion of each did you use Steve.

22 minutes ago, Rick M. said:

What proportion of each did you use Steve.

Approximately 2/3 Longbranch to 1/3 Rare Breed. It was very unscientific measuring however.

• I like it 1

I saved my Longbranch by adding standard WT101 in a 2/3 Longbranch 1/3 WT101.  Saved it for me too.  Straight I thought LB tasted like regular 81WT that was put through the Lincoln County Process.  Just blah! At least the 101 made it palatable.

Nothing but water for me. Dr put me on a new prescription and no alcohol is allowed. Think this will last until Christmas.

• I like it 1

Dug deep into the cabinet for some GBS OBSK.  From memory of how much I enjoy it, I was surprised it was less than 10 yrs old (just 9 yrs, 5 mo) - but still one of my favorite FR picks!

• I like it 1

Finished this liter off minus a jigger. Decided to make an infinity bottle and took a jigger of everything I have open minus the ORVW10.
IMG_2869.jpg

• I like it 4

Pre-flight OF Statesman for breakfast — bummed that Baker’s is no longer on the Sky Club roster. This has a bit of WRDO DNA running through it. 

D14BE2A4-9255-4634-92F2-B8F42C4AC7F4.thumb.jpeg.5f546daeb8525215c0266937676f7f43.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.