What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’m having a couple of pours of Baker’s this evening. Good stuff.  :)

Biba! Joe

About time I replace mine. 107 proof is a sweet spot. 

What is ‘the 101 proof single barrel offering from the Wild Turkey distillery’, Alex?

A8B6FA0A-152A-4F08-BBB1-7531B8AE652D.jpeg

• I like it 1

Enjoying some OBSQ this lovely Monday evening; incredibly floral on the nose but just solid vanilla/caramel/cinnamon on the palate.

On my 2nd round at full strength of WTRB tonight.. MUCH more pleased with it’s offering now then a few nights back. I’ll attribute to air time, but still not up to speed with some RB I’ve had from a few years back.

100FDFEE-8D56-44AB-A529-7B1EA86EDD24.jpeg

• I like it 4

Became a great uncle today for the second time since Saturday. Hoping it brings some more luck for another Caps win.
This.
IMG_2704.jpg
Followed by some A119.
IMG_2705.jpg

• I like it 6

3 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Became a great uncle today for the second time since Saturday. Hoping it brings some more luck for another Caps win.
This.
IMG_2704.jpg
Followed by some A119.
IMG_2705.jpg

Congrats and worthy choices for the occasion I might add. ;) 

• I like it 1

Some Balcones Texas Pot Still Bourbon this evening from my Nine Line .50 cal decanter and .308 Win glass.

20190422_202206.thumb.jpg.f97ee710131b05c0b530c55f86533eb8.jpg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Some Balcones Texas Pot Still Bourbon this evening from my Nine Line .50 cal decanter and .308 Win glass.

20190422_202206.thumb.jpg.f97ee710131b05c0b530c55f86533eb8.jpg

Too cool! That’s some bad a$$ glass to take a round like that! LOL!

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Too cool! That’s some bad a$$ glass to take a round like that! LOL!

Thanks! I really like them.

Whistle Pig to celebrate my transmission needing to be replaced. Whats that adam sandler song from wedding singer?

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Whistle Pig to celebrate my transmission needing to be replaced. Whats that adam sandler song from wedding singer?

You shouldn’t haul so much bourbon around.  It’s hard on your vehicle. 

;)

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

A tiny blantons from my trip to BT last year.  Been savin it but tonight i said screw it. I think ill drink the whole thing.

edit.. man blantons never lets me down. 

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 5

25 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

A tiny blantons from my trip to BT last year.  Been savin it but tonight i said screw it. I think ill drink the whole thing.

edit.. man blantons never lets me down. 

I hear you.....just killed "L"  opening a "T" next.

• I like it 2

A little JTS Brown BIB tonight.  I thought I was bunkering some of these, but they end up getting opened.

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, PaulO said:

A little JTS Brown BIB tonight.  I thought I was bunkering some of these, but they end up getting opened.

What would u compare it most closely to Paul? 

1 minute ago, FasterHorses said:

What would u compare it most closely to Paul? 

If you have tried the other HH bonded brands like JW Dant or EW BIB - it's similar.  JTS Brown can have sort of a sweet peanut thing going on.  Some folks say it reminds them of the Beam house style.  It drinks well below its' proof too.

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, PaulO said:

If you have tried the other HH bonded brands like JW Dant or EW BIB - it's similar.  JTS Brown can have sort of a sweet peanut thing going on.  Some folks say it reminds them of the Beam house style.  It drinks well below its' proof too.

I'd say that is spot on to my impression of it.

Enjoying a little MM cask strength this evening...good stuff. I don’t know why I don’t drink this more often, but maybe it has something to do with the 100 plus other bottles that I have open.

• I like it 2

I am in the process of opening up our seasonal RV site this week and decided to celebrate getting it done by picking up a bottle of this today.  I had never had it before but was pleasantly surprised.  Not exactly in my preference range as I prefer the wheaters but good juice nontheless.

3AC426F6-FC64-4F92-9A63-9F91A8A3AF47.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.