Jump to content
smokinjoe

What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

Recommended Posts

smokinjoe
8 minutes ago, jcg9779 said:

A little WLW ‘07 this evening.

IMG_9918.jpg

Nice!

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bret Bret
1 hour ago, JMFH said:

spacer.png

Haven't opened mine yet, but with a picture like that, it's next on the list. 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit

Rough evening of fire fighting at work, Weller Wednesday so I opened some W12.

 

IMG_6704.thumb.JPG.ef12cee0a39df91e27a2397be58f0a8c.JPG

 

Not bad but I think I need to pull out the good stuff.

 

IMG_6703.thumb.JPG.8e70ac660b3aa742d246176e0dfbffd4.JPG

 

Wild Turkey always hits the spot.

 

 

 

  • I like it 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby

LGB! (That's "Let's Go Blues" for the hockey illiterate)

20190515_195221.jpg

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mako254
2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Rough evening of fire fighting at work, Weller Wednesday so I opened some W12.

 

IMG_6704.thumb.JPG.ef12cee0a39df91e27a2397be58f0a8c.JPG

 

Not bad but I think I need to pull out the good stuff.

 

IMG_6703.thumb.JPG.8e70ac660b3aa742d246176e0dfbffd4.JPG

 

Wild Turkey always hits the spot.

 

 

 

This man gets it. 

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
This man gets it. 


Bryan definitely gets it. Not to knock W12 it’s really good stuff, worth every penny at $30 considering it’s production volume and age. However I tend to enjoy WT101 most days over it, just me.
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Bryan definitely gets it. Not to knock W12 it’s really good stuff, worth every penny at $30 considering it’s production volume and age. However I tend to enjoy WT101 most days over it, just me.

 

You are a smart man.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kepler

Redemption  9 yr BP batch #1, this is the high rye bourbon version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bret Bret
20 hours ago, Clueby said:

LGB! (That's "Let's Go Blues" for the hockey illiterate)

20190515_195221.jpg

Can't tell what I love more,  the front row or the monster W12 and Willett in the back row! 

My hero. (The Blues too)

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clueby
35 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Can't tell what I love more,  the front row or the monster W12 and Willett in the back row! 

My hero. (The Blues too)

That Willett 1.75 always sits back there.  It's such a space hog.  The bottle is cool.  I just wish the whiskey inside was as good.  The W12 1.75 and ETL were stashed away at work but we were in danger of getting flooded so I took them home last week.  I have no room in the cabinet for them currently.  Trying to find a home for them.  There is already a floor cabinet, a box in my closet, and another in the basement in addition to the "display" cabinets and bar top.  I need some consolidation.  I picked up another bottle of that batch of ECBP yesterday since that one is going down quickly.

And, re: the Blues....if you saw that game last night.  GRRRRRRR  :angry:  Felt like downing the rest of that bottle after that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mal00768
9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

That Willett 1.75 always sits back there.  It's such a space hog.  The bottle is cool.  I just wish the whiskey inside was as good.  The W12 1.75 and ETL were stashed away at work but we were in danger of getting flooded so I took them home last week.  I have no room in the cabinet for them currently.  Trying to find a home for them.  There is already a floor cabinet, a box in my closet, and another in the basement in addition to the "display" cabinets and bar top.  I need some consolidation.  I picked up another bottle of that batch of ECBP yesterday since that one is going down quickly.

And, re: the Blues....if you saw that game last night.  GRRRRRRR  :angry:  Felt like downing the rest of that bottle after that one.

You’re always welcome to store tasty bottles at my house. I offer no guarantees or insurance in regards to the fill levels though. :P

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JCwhammie
45 minutes ago, Clueby said:

And, re: the Blues....if you saw that game last night.  GRRRRRRR  :angry:  Felt like downing the rest of that bottle after that one.

^^^this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dad-proof

Bananas Foster with caramel sauce and cherry on top.

IMG_20190516_175555.thumb.jpg.1063a58beb46a2a7c639d955b48074e1.jpg

 

 

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMFH

SBS with '14, '16 & '18.  Yes, I'm off work tomorrow.

spacer.png

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharger
1 hour ago, Clueby said:

That Willett 1.75 always sits back there.  It's such a space hog.  The bottle is cool.  I just wish the whiskey inside was as good.  The W12 1.75 and ETL were stashed away at work but we were in danger of getting flooded so I took them home last week.  I have no room in the cabinet for them currently.  Trying to find a home for them.  There is already a floor cabinet, a box in my closet, and another in the basement in addition to the "display" cabinets and bar top.  I need some consolidation.  I picked up another bottle of that batch of ECBP yesterday since that one is going down quickly.

And, re: the Blues....if you saw that game last night.  GRRRRRRR  :angry:  Felt like downing the rest of that bottle after that one.

 

The Blues got robbed. And this is coming from a Blackhawks fan. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
SBS with '14, '16 & '18.  Yes, I'm off work tomorrow.
47865603831_287fd5fb92_c.jpg


Some healthy pours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioyada

EC18 after a good day at work, and a nice but warm run afterward.  The fill level is low now, so it has become my next target for retired soldier club.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMFH
34 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Some healthy pours.

 

Research is better with a larger sample size! I'd have to say '18>'14>'16.  The '18 really is the total package while the '14 is lagging a little behind.  The '16 just doesn't hold up compared to the other two.  Hotter without being refined and as rich as the '18 and even though the '14 is slightly lower in proof it has more going on compared to the '16.  The '18 is LL/GK so I'm not positive if it has any older stock in it but it really is a fantastic pour.  No need to sit on any '16 if there is any '18 still sitting around.  I know I don't have the palate that many around here do so take this with a grain of salt obviously.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Some healthy pours.

 

Looks like thorough research to me, anything in the name of science!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
21 minutes ago, JMFH said:

Research is better with a larger sample size! I'd have to say '18>'14>'16.  The '18 really is the total package while the '14 is lagging a little behind.  The '16 just doesn't hold up compared to the other two.  Hotter without being refined and as rich as the '18 and even though the '14 is slightly lower in proof it has more going on compared to the '16.  The '18 is LL/GK so I'm not positive if it has any older stock in it but it really is a fantastic pour.  No need to sit on any '16 if there is any '18 still sitting around.  I know I don't have the palate that many around here do so take this with a grain of salt obviously.  

I haven't opened a more recent 116.8, I picked up the first one I saw a couple years back  in the old bottle like yours and thought it was a step back from the 112.8, all of the enthusiastic notes from others skewed in the other direction so whenever I get around to opening one I'll be genuinely looking forward to it. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marshall9779

Finally put my finger on a nice comparison. Got a spicy chili chocolate note going on. I like it.
IMG_2781.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinsfan1311
On 5/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, HoustonNit said:

 


Looks like a good combo.

 

It is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinsfan1311

1792 BP

20190516_222729.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mako254

Sample from a friend. 

Russell’s from G. Damn is it good. 

 

 

EE5B681B-8FF7-461E-A2EA-ECBB3E69BBB5.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...