Single barrel or small batch?

bingo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

not a single barrel, & they're pretty big batches now

I was speaking to the OP's question, but you (obviously) figured out my answer. ;)

Edited by Paddy

Late to answer the original question, I guess; but here goes....

BOTH!  :P

Edited by Richnimrod
ooops! Typo!

Going from memory of things I’ve read over the years, didn’t Beam popularize (not invent)  the term small batch? And if so, me recollection is they were comparing batches on the order of 200 barrels to batches of around 2000 barrels. I would have a hard time considering GTS as not small batch while still giving any significance to the term.

Also, the TTB should regulate the term single barrel. It’s pretty clear what it is supposed to signal and to use the term otherwise is very misleading. Although I wonder if part of the problem is that SINGLE BARREL is still a registered trademark owned by Age International.

RE: "Small batch" - Someplace here on SB under a previous discussion of SmB vs. SiB, somebody said that a Beam person told the group on a tour that "Small Batch" for KC is 500 barrels or so.  After a little more hunting, I found a Chuck Cowdery blogpost dated May 14, 2016, (https://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/) reporting on his work on picking a Booker's Rye.  The post says that Beam was dumping 350-375 barrels for each regular Booker's release in 2016.  And then, there's that Russell's Reserve from a few years ago with the label saying "Single Barrel" AND "Small Batch".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.