Elmer T Lee 100

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I personally like the idea that BT/Saz is honoring Elmer with a 100th Birthday bottle. I'll definitely be a buyer as long as the stores ain't being taters about it. <_< One store here has been selling ETL (when they get any) at suggested retail of around $39.99. Another store a little farther away (tater!) was selling it at @$69.99 over a year ago. I can only hope...........

Biba! Joe

elmer2.jpeg

• I like it 5

22 hours ago, Kepler said:

I hope this ETL 100 is better than the ETL 90th Birthday edition that I sampled years ago at Delilah's in Chicago.  It was so bad that I'm convinced there was severe oxidation or something going on with that particular bottle.  It was a very low fill level that I didn't notice until I had already ordered it.  I learned a lesson then to think twice before ordering a high dollar dram from an almost empty bottle.

Maybe that bottle had a bad cork?  Several years ago, I remember some grumbling about "corked" bottles, but I thought it was the regular version.

My bottle of 90th Birthday was good, nothing wrong with it, but not far from the standard profile.

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Maybe that bottle had a bad cork?  Several years ago, I remember some grumbling about "corked" bottles, but I thought it was the regular version.

My bottle of 90th Birthday was good, nothing wrong with it, but not far from the standard profile.

Yes there had to be something wrong with it.  I assume it was not representative of the other 90th bottles. I probably should have asked the bartender to replace it with something else but I didn't.  I enjoy regular ETL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:45 AM, Kepler said:

It was so bad that I'm convinced there was severe oxidation or something going on with that particular bottle.  It was a very low fill level that I didn't notice until I had already ordered it.  I learned a lesson then to think twice before ordering a high dollar dram from an almost empty bottle.

Oxidation is not necessarily a bad thing... the first ever 3 pours I had of RHF were last summer (2018) and were the last 3 pours of a 2014 bottle at a bar. They were 3 of the best pours I have ever had! So much so that I have been highly disappointed in all the 2017 and 2018 bottles I have tried since! At least I've had no trouble trading RHF for ETL! Hopefully that will still work with ETL 100!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hearing the first report from Distributors in Atlanta that ETL 100 has arrived.

At $100 a bottle!

Not sure if the distillery or the distributor are doing the gouging. Or both!

I would like one but at that price it seems mostly like something I would find  annoying more than enjoyable. 

• I like it 6

Appears that is the price early reports were indicating. So it is Sazerac that is doing the gouging.

Sucks just the same.

And I would bet the $25 GBS pick of ETL from a few years ago is just as good.

Or better!

Edited by tanstaafl2
  • I like it 4

5 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Or better!

THAT was an amazing pick!!!!

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

At $100 a bottle!

I would like one but at that price it seems mostly like something I would find  annoying more than enjoyable. 

Taterbait. I will pass.

Thanks for the info!

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

A "few" years ago...? :)

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Vosgar said:

That's what I mean. 6 years is pushing the definition of few :) 

25 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

That's what I mean. 6 years is pushing the definition of few :) 

You're still a young punk.?

As we get older, we tend to push the boundaries of time. Cut us some slack.?

Prost!  Phil 

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 5

20 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

At $100 a bottle!

At $100, I think I'd let someone else buy it.  At $50, I think I'd enjoy it.  However, there is no chance that I'd find one at any price.

I once saw a 93 proof tribute bottle and the store wanted $300 for it.

8 hours ago, Phil T said:

You're still a young punk.?

As we get older, we tend to push the boundaries of time. Cut us some slack.?

Prost!  Phil 

Well said Phil. Damn kids.......... :D :D

• I like it 3

You're still a young punk.[emoji16]

As we get older, we tend to push the boundaries of time. Cut us some slack.[emoji2957]

Prost!  Phil 

Well said Phil. Damn kids.......... [emoji3] [emoji3]

Yeah, Paul is a relative youngster compared to some of us old farts...ok, I’m not an old fart yet...am I? [emoji3]

How old are you Steve?  Oops, I mean Harry. Aww s**t.  Jeff????  WWWWTTTTFFFF? ?

Cheers! Gary  Uhhhhh....,  I mean.... Biba! Joe ?

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

How old are you Steve?  Oops, I mean Harry. Aww s**t.  Jeff????  WWWWTTTTFFFF? ?

THIS ^^LMAO^^

Prost!   Phil 

• I like it 2

22 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not telling!!

• I like it 2

46 minutes ago, flahute said:

Not telling!!

What a tease. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Yeah, Paul is a relative youngster compared to some of us old farts...ok, I’m not an old fart yet...am I? emoji3.png

Let's see.....you're retired and you yell at neighborhood kids to "get out of my yard", so yes, you're an old fart

• I like it 4

Nearly 50 and getting called a youngster.

If anyone in their 40s or lower was looking for a great reason to join SB.com, surely this is it!

• I like it 6

8 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Nearly 50 and getting called a youngster.

If anyone in their 40s or lower was looking for a great reason to join SB.com, surely this is it!

Paul - Some of us don't want to let facts get in the way of some good thread drift :P

• I like it 4

Paul - Some of us don't want to let facts get in the way of some good thread drift [emoji14]

Facts!?!? We don’t need no stinkin’ facts!!
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.