Skrewball peanut butter whiskey awarded 'best flavored' gold medal

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hmmmm.     GF and Peanut butter flavored?    Winner, winner!    But, I can't help but wonder how they're able to call it whiskey.....

• 4 months later...

Here’s something I heard from a liquor store manager today. Skrewball mixed with Chambord or Raspberry Amaretto has seemingly become a favorite mixed drink for a lot of folks. The name of this mixed drink you ask?  Peanut butter and jelly.  :wacko:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I hadn’t heard about this until a couple months ago when several of us at dinner were talking about the good recommendations we’ve gotten at one of our local stores. One friend chimed in that the last time he was there, someone tried to sell him peanut butter whisky. He declined and left with a Wathens, but it’s been a running joke. Nobody has tried to sell it to me, but they probably know me better.

On 7/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Here’s something I heard from a liquor store manager today. Skrewball mixed with Chambord or Raspberry Amaretto has seemingly become a favorite mixed drink for a lot of folks. The name of this mixed drink you ask?  Peanut butter and jelly.  :wacko:

Biba! Joe

Ain't no accounting for taste among the masses...

On 7/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I was not a fan of PB&J sandwiches when I was a kid, so I'll skip this one.  BUT, I do like oatmeal cookie cocktails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oatmeal_Cookie_(cocktail)

Maybe if I substitute Fireball or JD Tennessee Fire for the cinnamon schnapps . . .:o

• 3 months later...

Well, Skrewball now has some competition! Old Elk Distillery has just launched PB&W...I got to taste it today, and as you’d expect, it tastes like a peanut butter liqueur...or Skrewball. Pricing will be similar to Skrewball, but likely a bit less in most markets.

10A8EA4D-6EA2-40DE-AE72-F2F3609309F0.png

18 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Well, Skrewball now has some competition! Old Elk Distillery has just launched PB&W...I got to taste it today, and as you’d expect, it tastes like a peanut butter liqueur...or Skrewball. Pricing will be similar to Skrewball, but likely a bit less in most 

When I saw you had posted here, I just knew it was about the PB&W. I saw this yesterday when I picked up a bottle of WW Outryder. Of course it was in a rather large display, right as you make your way to the checkout counter. ?

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

When I saw you had posted here, I just knew it was about the PB&W. I saw this yesterday when I picked up a bottle of WW Outryder. Of course it was in a rather large display, right as you make your way to the checkout counter. ?

Biba! Joe 

It's right past the seasonal Old Elk gift pack with the freaky-ass elk head pouring spout…

16385.jpg.6727305e73abf8c20d9e8ac3f43c8af1.jpg

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

It's right past the seasonal Old Elk gift pack with the freaky-ass elk head pouring spout…

Ya know, now that you mention it.......... :lol: 

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.