What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just realized that no one had started a Spring 2019 topic, so . . . here you go.  I'll lead it off with this:

HEAVEN HILL.jpeg

There were 3 bottles left.  As badly as I wanted to get all three I decided that I would leave one for the next guy or gal to come through the door.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 9

29 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

There were 3 bottles left.  As badly as I wanted to get all three I decided that I would leave one for the next guy or gal to come through the door.

You did the right thing.  The bourbon gods are smiling down upon you and will reward you with good bourbon karma...  :)

• I like it 1

I hope so.  I've been looking for a bottle of the Ezra Brooks, 7 year, Barrel Strength.  No luck yet, but I'm still hoping.

I went by one of my favorite LS. They had done some spring cleaning and found two bottles they thought I might be interested in. $34.99 :rolleyes: I guess I’ll take them.....7CBD75E7-4718-46E8-AF1C-F45C4A8724CE.thumb.jpeg.40f3a69055a47d1aaf9652dbee608dc9.jpeg

41998B87-8094-4179-908A-1636BB7430AD.thumb.jpeg.08fdc9701513cab3c1a8205a809c7d29.jpeg

• I like it 7

My guy just got this Barrel pick in. It’s a legit 8 yrs old and they got just 22 cases out of it. After my first taste This is one I’m going back for more of. 

27386AB5-DCD5-44D0-B5F2-3EC187115112.jpeg

9678BFDF-184F-4B65-A862-25E7A525EEAE.jpeg

• I like it 5

51 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

I went by one of my favorite LS. They had done some spring cleaning and found two bottles they thought I might be interested in. $34.99 :rolleyes: I guess I’ll take them.....7CBD75E7-4718-46E8-AF1C-F45C4A8724CE.thumb.jpeg.40f3a69055a47d1aaf9652dbee608dc9.jpeg

41998B87-8094-4179-908A-1636BB7430AD.thumb.jpeg.08fdc9701513cab3c1a8205a809c7d29.jpeg

Fantastic finds--love that stuff, and I am happy to still have some around.  Case in point of why ya gotta stop in every once in a while.  Enjoy.

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I hope so.  I've been looking for a bottle of the Ezra Brooks, 7 year, Barrel Strength.  No luck yet, but I'm still hoping.

Nice finds today, I am not sure I could have left that last one on the shelf! 

OE7BP is readily available by me (think $36 or $37).

PM me if you would like to discuss further  I would be happy to help.  

Never met her but I think I love Sarah.
  • I like it 2

Oh Snap!! 3 Big Boys. Only one of them is mine. Soon to be allocated ER10.

IMG_0167.JPG

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Love it when stores "reset" the bourbon aisle and your one of the first guys in there...

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Scarfinger68 said:

Oh Snap!! 3 Big Boys. Only one of them is mine. Soon to be allocated ER10.

IMG_0167.JPG

ER10 is allocated now? What state are you in?

8 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Have still never seen a 1.75 ER.  And... ER is almost a unicorn in Missouri. When it does show up it disappears the same day. Many stores are charging gouger pricing of $50+ for 750s and it's almost always 1 per. One store has it for $70, but only if you buy $100 in other merchandise. 

Have still never seen a 1.75 ER.  And... ER is almost a unicorn in Missouri. When it does show up it disappears the same day. Many stores are charging gouger pricing of $50+ for 750s and it's almost always 1 per. One store has it for $70, but only if you buy $100 in other merchandise. 

Damn. I like Eagle Rare but it ain’t that good.
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

I found my 1.75L ER's out of state. I know a place in the area that usually has ER on hand for $36. I was just there on friday and they were currently out however. I can also get it for $34.95 at a hole in the wall place up near my farm in northern MO when I go there. 

I purchased MM cask strength on a whim. I am now wondering why it took me so long. Great stuff. 

• I like it 3

Picked up a spare OF Rye to be placed with all the other soldiers waiting for action.  I should have grabbed two.

1 - 1.75 Eagle Rare

1- 1.75 Buffalo Trace

1 - Old Forester 1920

ready for some Spring drinking on the deck.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

Ouch...I've noticed alot of empty shelves of anything reviewed in magazines. Taters are fueling the Boom.

Picked up some MMCS and Jim Beam Repeal Batch at fairly good prices. Overpaid a bit for CEHT SmB, but excited to try it as well.

Edited by afinchmustang

One of these things is not like the other but I'm willing to give it a try for "science". 

20190403_071653.jpg

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

I purchased MM cask strength on a whim. I am now wondering why it took me so long. Great stuff. 

I haven't tried this yet but it's readily available here.  Interested to hear any tasting notes.  

3 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Ouch...I've noticed alot of empty shelves of anything reviewed in magazines. Taters are fueling the Boom.

ER10 has been pretty hard to find and extremely limited in St. Louis for at least the last 4 or 5 years.  It can be found but it is not in every store and usually carries a markup.  Sorry..don't mean to beat a dead horse.  We have other things easier and lower priced but certain items (like ER, CEHT, Stagg Jr., Blanton's, etc.) are getting crazy around here.  I don't know if I've EVER seen an ECBP in St. Louis either.  But, regular Buffalo Trace is usually piled 20 deep while in other markets it is allocated.  A month or so it disappeared for a short time but seems to be back now.

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

I haven't tried this yet but it's readily available here.  Interested to hear any tasting notes.  

First, I noticed the Penguins logo. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, right on the South Side. 

MM cask strength carries the same profile as regular Makers Mark, but everything about it is raised to a more intense level. It is lower than some barrel proofs ( the one I’m drinking is 110 proof) so it is not overwhelming and works great neat. Lots of caramel and cinnamon both on the nose and palate, with waves of vanilla working in. The finish is where this dram shines. A nice toffee finish stays with you long after the swallow. 

Very enjoyable. 

First, I noticed the Penguins logo. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, right on the South Side. 

MM cask strength carries the same profile as regular Makers Mark, but everything about it is raised to a more intense level. It is lower than some barrel proofs ( the one I’m drinking is 110 proof) so it is not overwhelming and works great neat. Lots of caramel and cinnamon both on the nose and palate, with waves of vanilla working in. The finish is where this dram shines. A nice toffee finish stays with you long after the swallow. 

Very enjoyable. 

I’ll second this ad add that I get tons of chocolate covered cherries especially if i roll it around a little.

20 hours ago, Bbstout said:

I am in Ohio. I got the 1.75 ER10 in Michigan. Two different Michigan retailers said it will be allocated soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.