What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

On the way home, stopped in to see what was new, found this at $38 and thought it was a good buy, yes/no? I like Maker's on occasion, so I thought what the heck.

20190418_170215.thumb.jpg.fde20074cdda16a5e1cc7a74471fa4f5.jpg

More then well done sir.. It’d run me another 20 spot on top of what you paid... I haven’t partaken yet myself, but the next bottle or two on my of “to buy” list. ;) 

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, hollywood said:

34 minutes ago, hollywood said:

More then well done sir.. It’d run me another 20 spot on top of what you paid... I haven’t partaken yet myself, but the next bottle or two on my of “to buy” list. ;) 

Oh, it's good stuff, trust me.   As good a wheated bourbon as it gets.  

Edited by Jazzhead

I grabbed an ER for the bunker. Saw a few on the shelf, and the price wasn't too bad.

Biba! Joe

r.jpeg

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

That’s a fantastic price! The 375ml bottles go for almost that much in stores near me.

Certain shops around Minneapolis are clearing out mm cs 375 for 16$ a bottle.  I’ve scooped up a few, but I’m guessing distributors are sitting on a lot of stock.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

The variances in availability state to state never cease to amaze me. EHT stuff is on the shelf in basically every store, every day here. The barrel proof has gotten tougher but the small batch /single barrel / rye are everywhere, and priced very fairly

The only BT products that you can find on the shelf at all times in NC are Benchmark, Ancient Age and Platinum 7X Vodka. Eagle Rare in the last year or so is available on the shelf at most ABC's, but otherwise it's all strictly allocated and never makes it to the shelf. 

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

On the way home, stopped in to see what was new, found this at $38 and thought it was a good buy, yes/no? I like Maker's on occasion, so I thought what the heck.

20190418_170215.thumb.jpg.fde20074cdda16a5e1cc7a74471fa4f5.jpg

Definitely a good price and a much better pour (to me at least) than the standard Maker's. That's less than you can get Maker's 46 for here. The Cask Strength is $50 in NC.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

a 10y/o and a 2015 Dickel 14y/o. 

14 year Old Cascade Hollow Whisky? Sign me up!

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

I continue with a stretch of not drinking much. But I picked up a store pick of EC yesterday, basically just because I hadn’t been into one of my main stores in a while and was in the neighborhood. 

Now the test of my self control, as I head to Vegas today. Not that it’s a Mecca of bourbon or anything, but lord knows I’ve had my share of late night whiskey at the craps tables. And I usually make my way to the Delmonico bar for a good pour of something.....

1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

@Disciple @hollywood Appreciate the info!  I may go pick up another bottle then!

Nm. I see you opened this one yesterday! Thoughts?

Edited by Bob_Loblaw

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

I continue with a stretch of not drinking much. But I picked up a store pick of EC yesterday, basically just because I hadn’t been into one of my main stores in a while and was in the neighborhood. 

Now the test of my self control, as I head to Vegas today. Not that it’s a Mecca of bourbon or anything, but lord knows I’ve had my share of late night whiskey at the craps tables. And I usually make my way to the Delmonico bar for a good pour of something.....

Not to mention some of the best ribeyes on the planet!!

Am off work today, and went by my favorite store to see if some tequila I had ordered was in. It turned out to be a Good Friday for a different reason. 

C1008942-5EE8-412B-8BA6-863C778DC4AE.jpeg

• I like it 7

Picked up another Jim Beam Repeal Batch today. It’s hard to believe it’s just non chill filtered White label. Not as good as Distillers Cut,but serviceable nonetheless.

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, RM1 said:

Picked up another Jim Beam Repeal Batch today. It’s hard to believe it’s just non chill filtered White label. Not as good as Distillers Cut,but serviceable nonetheless.

I picked up a bottle a few weeks back being very affordable even for here.. Haven’t broke it open yet.. Thanks for the heads up. ;) 

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Damn. I’ve never even seen a Weller 12 on the shelf. What state are you in?

I live in Georgia, but these are never seen on the shelf around here either.   I just got lucky. 

Good Friday score! Must be BT distribution season for FL, shelves are flush with their product lately. First time I've ever seen Weller (red label) in FL too, but I've had that in a bar in IL before so passed.

I've been chasing this though, never even made it to the shelf. I heard the owner talking to his wife about their allocation and bought it before they put it out.IMG_20190419_181121425.jpg

• I like it 2

The Maisano’s FR is interesting.  12 y/o & 104 proof at barrel strength.  Barrel yielded 156 bottles. 

4D0C60B7-6AB5-4DA7-9EA6-1E4A9A125E56.jpeg

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, BDanner said:

The only BT products that you can find on the shelf at all times in NC are Benchmark, Ancient Age and Platinum 7X Vodka. Eagle Rare in the last year or so is available on the shelf at most ABC's, but otherwise it's all strictly allocated and never makes it to the shelf. 

The struggle for BT products in NC is real. It takes A LOT of patiences, most of which I do not have.

• I like it 1

Store held a bottle of Legent for me but they did have one more left on the shelf. Will crack it open tomorrow night.

Grabbed a spare VOB 6 100 Crafted while there as well. Not sure what to call it anymore. 

20190419_104706.jpg

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

104 proof is right around where some of my faves are. How is it? Which recipe is it?

OBSV but I haven’t tried it yet lol. 

Just realized I haven’t posted to this thread or bought anything in months, Bourbon zen.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.