What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, Tex Rob said:

No worries, I was shocked myself (in terms of the price).  I know of several other liquor stores that get BTAC products months after their initial release, however they charge hundreds above retail.

Sometimes my "doubting Thomas" gene rises up when I see something that sounds unbelievable, especially with a new poster like yourself.  People can say anything on these types of forums and who can dispute them.  It does make things interesting tho.  But hey, people do win the powerball just like they luck into finding BTAC multiples at MSRP. :) 

No worries, I was shocked myself (in terms of the price).  I know of several other liquor stores that get BTAC products months after their initial release, however they charge hundreds above retail.

On another note, found an old age stated BH, want to see how it compares to the NAS current release. 

20190213_140332.thumb.jpg.527f6b4c8866e04b7fde9a9c9abfd5ff.jpg

It was in the back of the row, moved it up front for the picture, also snagged that mispriced WP [emoji846] 

Wow! You need to buy a lottery ticket ASAP. GTS at retail a few days ago, and now an aged stated BH and WP for $25! The luck is strong in this one!
  • I like it 4

WTKS, barrel 0626, warehouse F, bottled 1/14/19. My first purchase of WTKS since the bottle change. $55 at Total Wine and More in Lexington, KY. Nice pour with strong vanilla and burnt sugar notes. Medium finish with little burn. I really like this, but I much prefer the old bottle!

20190423_174737.jpg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

3D191A44-E3FB-44B2-9CBC-8097A3CBDA2B.thumb.jpeg.ee9b27eed681ea05884fda71560ffb6d.jpeg

Tasty delivery this morning. Cheers! 

Will.

Enjoy the MIC.DROP-- are the smaller sample bottles the 13yo second release (55.5% ABV) by chance?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Enjoy the MIC.DROP-- are the smaller sample bottles the 13yo second release (55.5% ABV) by chance?

Thx man, i will for sure. Sadly, those samples are also batch 1. I'd love to get the second batch, but let's be realistic, it's never gonna happened, even at retail i'm out. Had the opportunity to help a fellow from NY who was searching for a bottle of Scotch, a Scapa 14yr. Found it for a very good price, sent it to him and he sent me the MD and the samples. I've also sent some nice samples to him (2014 SmB, Wild Turkey 12, 1997 WT Tradition). 

Did you try the MD batch 2 ? 

Will.

16 hours ago, jeff said:

WTKS, barrel 0626, warehouse F, bottled 1/14/19. My first purchase of WTKS since the bottle change. $55 at Total Wine and More in Lexington, KY. Nice pour with strong vanilla and burnt sugar notes. Medium finish with little burn. I really like this, but I much prefer the old bottle!

20190423_174737.jpg

Big Turkey fan.. This sounds good.. I’m probably in the minority however, although I haven’t seen the new bottle in the wild yet I really like this new look with the gold label to boot.. :) Out of character for me because I usually prefer traditional/old school/retro in most cases..

48 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Thx man, i will for sure. Sadly, those samples are also batch 1. I'd love to get the second batch, but let's be realistic, it's never gonna happened, even at retail i'm out. Had the opportunity to help a fellow from NY who was searching for a bottle of Scotch, a Scapa 14yr. Found it for a very good price, sent it to him and he sent me the MD and the samples. I've also sent some nice samples to him (2014 SmB, Wild Turkey 12, 1997 WT Tradition). 

Did you try the MD batch 2 ? 

Will.

Yes, the MD2 is really a tremendous bourbon-- which is why I was hoping you were able to score a couple of pours. The 140 bottle count doesn't make things easy.

It's a beautiful day at the Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda!   ?

Blantons Gold Bermuda.jpg

Purchased in downtown Hamilton at Gosling's and Sons - they even called the Duty Free shop for me at the airport to see if they had any.  Super nice folk!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 19

Just now, GeeTen said:

It's a beautiful day in Bermuda!   ?

As I sit behind my desk and computer on this hectic day I must say “you are so wrong for this”! Lol! Enjoy sir! :) 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, the MD2 is really a tremendous bourbon-- which is why I was hoping you were able to score a couple of pours. The 140 bottle count doesn't make things easy.

Maybe one day I’ll be able to score a sample of it, but yeah, 140 bottles worldwide, it’s not gonna be easy. Lucky you. Tried the batch 1 tonight, very nice pour, great mouthfeel, long finish, but not the best MGP that I’ve had, I have a SAOS 8y which is as good as this one, but I’m a marketing whore and the bottle looks so sick. Now I’m gonna try the famous CEHT Warehouse C Tornado Surviving, let’s see if the hype is real one this one. Cheers!

Will.

48 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Purchased in downtown Hamilton at Gosling's and Sons - they even called the Duty Free shop for me at the airport to see if they had any.  Super nice folk!   ?

I really appreciate you picking one of those up for me Gee.  ;)  See you and SWMBO this weekend. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, JvW said:

Will enjoy these (sorry for getting a Rye in here!!! ?)...

1458194015_PikesvilleandMcKennaBiBenhanced.thumb.jpg.7a5754b631ee2265c98c784e4d71599f.jpg

Yeah, J. that Pikesville is a really nice pour, and the right barrel of HMcK can be a wonderful experience as well.   My mouth is watering a little bit.... :P

1 hour ago, JvW said:

Will enjoy these (sorry for getting a Rye in here!!! ?)...

1458194015_PikesvilleandMcKennaBiBenhanced.thumb.jpg.7a5754b631ee2265c98c784e4d71599f.jpg

Never apologise for Rye...

• I like it 1

48 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Never apologise for Rye...

I actually apologize for the torn up deck under construction in the background ?

• I like it 1

Today was just my day (some bottles are for a friend). Turkeys with the "codes"...and since when was McKenna BIB note worthy? IMG_20190424_175546501.jpeg

• I like it 3

I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel yesterday. After reading some reviews and on the advice of a friend, I went back and grabbed another today. 

51 minutes ago, FumarOne said:

After reading some reviews and on the advice of a friend, I went back and grabbed another today. 

Hopefully also after opening and actually trying the juice!

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Hopefully also after opening and actually trying the juice!

I did!! I know that the single barrels are all different and the second bottle is from the same barrel.

As a novice, I must say my palette is still developing and the FRSB seems to suit it for now. I'll report back after a few more pours.

• I like it 1

Passed on a Blantons, CEHT small batch among a couple other BT products. The VOB was a  whole $12.... couldn’t leave it even if it’s 80 proof. The JTSB BiB is from a suggestion from a friend who also turned me on to old Fitzgerald 80 proof and I really dig the OF. Idk why I got the 1792 FP, total tater moment I guess. I’m not really into 110+ proof but......who knows what I’ll like in a few years. The Weller is just to add to the bunker so I can enjoy it on a weekly basis. 

EB0CEF14-293B-452E-8459-FD5C86F96479.jpeg

Picked up a 1.75L of BT and a JB Repeal Batch last night on the way home from work. The family size bottles of BT don't show up that often in my area, so I couldn't pass it up. I had a pour of the repeal batch last night and for a $14 bottle it is decent.

21 hours ago, GeeTen said:

It's a beautiful day at the Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda!   ?

I’d be back in town, pricing out suitcases. 

Should be able to get 8 before you hit the 50lb weight limit. 

Blanton’s Gold is just fantastic. 

My currently open bottle has hints of green apple jolly rancher candy.  Yum. 

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.