What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found a store that had the Heaven Hill taster multi pack for $32(previous best price I've seen was $49) so I picked it up. I've only had 2/5 of the options, so I've been interested.
If anything I can use the tubes to store samples for future reference once consumed.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Got this one today

IMG_1023.jpg

Dang it!  How'd I miss this one when we were there a couple of weeks ago.  It wasn't in the Gift Shop was it???????   ?

Update:  Just read the fine print on the front - "2017 Edition".  Never mind - I'll just be happy with my FRSiB OESQ Gift Shop special.   ?

Edited by GeeTen

14 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Dang it!  How'd I miss this one when we were there a couple of weeks ago.  It wasn't in the Gift Shop was it???????   ?

Update:  Just read the fine print on the front - "2017 Edition".  Never mind - I'll just be happy with my FRSiB OESQ Gift Shop special.   ?

Yeah Yeah Yeah - rub it in.  As I told you when you stopped by, I finished off my last OESQ late last year (sigh).  STOP rubbing it in.B) 

Guess I'll just have to make do with some other 4R "somebody" dropped off with me. hahaha.  Yesterday, I picked up an AA just for fun (as it was on sale) - it's going in the freezer for yard work days - along with 4 VOB 100s.  Today, somebody (NOT the 4R SmB gifter) had cleared the shelves of the seven VOBs I left yesterday.  Bummer.

• I like it 1

Picked up a couple ER10 ($35.99), a CEHTSmB ($39.99), and an ECBP ($55.99). One of the ER and the EHT are for a co worker.

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Where are you located. I haven’t heard of any deliveries of OFBIB yet. 

I'm in New Hampshire, but this would not have been a local purchase. I have friends, family and stores all over the country that I make purchases from. I checked with my contact today and it wasn't on the truck yesterday, but will hopefully be on it tomorrow. I will check in with them on Tuesday and see if it made it in. 

A pair of 15yr KC SiB ps from floor 6 and a liter of DN1843
20190515_194010.thumb.jpg.95c44e4bc94473fe07c71ad425f94e50.jpg

New bottle for the DN.

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah - rub it in.  As I told you when you stopped by, I finished off my last OESQ late last year (sigh).  STOP rubbing it in.B) 

Guess I'll just have to make do with some other 4R "somebody" dropped off with me. hahaha.  Yesterday, I picked up an AA just for fun (as it was on sale) - it's going in the freezer for yard work days - along with 4 VOB 100s.  Today, somebody (NOT the 4R SmB gifter) had cleared the shelves of the seven VOBs I left yesterday.  Bummer.

Well, if you're a really, really really good boy to Miss "P" , there might be an FRSiB OESQ in your Bardstown stocking next April.  Maybe.   I didn't know you had your cult card up to date, honest!  ?

• I like it 3

Went into a LS I check out every month or so (but rarely buy there), & these two were sitting on the shelf. Not sure where they suddenly appeared ftom, circa Austin Nichols, looks like '14. 

20190516_122533.jpg

• I like it 2

spacer.png

Found this at the local bottle store here in GA. Took a chance as I had zero information on the typical price range and if it was any good. Found out I was lucky on the price and we will see how it tastes at a later date. 

• I like it 6

19 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

A pair of 15yr KC SiB ps from floor 6 and a liter of DN1843

20190515_194010.jpg

These are both from the same barrel? I know they got 2 different 15y barrels in. Didn't know which one to pick. Have you tried it? Did you try the other barrel?

In Memphis for work, and in between meetings in a not great part of town I stopped in a store that had a few semi-dusties, and sprung the $20 for what I think is a pre-2013 OF Sig. I  just want a couple of pours to remember what it tastes like, but I fly out tomorrow and don't want to check a bag. So if any Memphis area SBer wants the bottle minus a couple of pours, PM me and I can either meet up or leave it at my Germantown area hotel 's front desk for you.

OF100Sig.thumb.jpg.312936c53d58d2d0dab674bb3fe44eaf.jpg

Edited by dad-proof
  • I like it 5

On 5/7/2019 at 9:21 AM, Supercharger said:

Coworker went to the Derby this weekend. I’d given her a list of ones I thought may be interesting that I can’t get here. She came back today with this. 

64B3A71A-C770-4DB2-A020-A5920B36053E.jpeg

I tried this while I was teaching at Moonshine University and staying at the Brown hotel in Louisville last week. Very nice pour, hope you enjoy!

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

These are both from the same barrel? I know they got 2 different 15y barrels in. Didn't know which one to pick. Have you tried it? Did you try the other barrel?

Yes, I got 2 from the 6th floor barrell. It's good. I haven't tried the other. 

1aZT7Ea.jpg%5B

Found this at the local bottle store here in GA. Took a chance as I had zero information on the typical price range and if it was any good. Found out I was lucky on the price and we will see how it tastes at a later date. 
Congrats, missed this one by 30min today [emoji2959]

7 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Picked up a few Bulleit Barrel Strengths for 19.99 a piece.  

Now that is a deal, I've enthusiastically picked off a few at $34.99 at $19.99 I'd buy ever last damn one!

Picked up 2 McKenna 10 years, 4 Roses Small Batch select, and 2 bottles of Yippee Ki Yay at retail.

also picked up a Blantons SFTB in trade today 

B5A9299D-88D3-4798-833F-B3CB32B32835.jpeg

118CA59B-ED71-4F48-BC68-EA58EA006829.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Yes, I got 2 from the 6th floor barrell. It's good. I haven't tried the other. 

would you consider it good enough to warrant paying more than the regular 9yr bottles cost? I also try to not support that store but if the flavor of these is a must have then I may cave in on this one.

1 hour ago, Double C's said:

would you consider it good enough to warrant paying more than the regular 9yr bottles cost? I also try to not support that store but if the flavor of these is a must have then I may cave in on this one.

It's been quite a long time since Ive had the stock KC SiB9yr, so i honestly couldn't tell you how they compare. If you enjoy big oaky bourbons you should get one. It's not something I could drink all the time, as sometimes oaky bourbons dont hit the spot. 

Stocking up on some Smooth Ambler 7y bourbon, bought 3 bottles for €39/bottle. 

Just opened one because I was out of it, very solid. Not as tasty as the 11y single barrel that I’m enjoying now though ? 

Cheers!

Will. 

• I like it 3

Picked up another EHTSmB for the bunker. It’s hard for me to pass these up around $40 given the state of how other bourbons I don’t like as much seem to be jumping up in price every few months. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.