What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, newmennium said:

It's been a wheater weekend! IMG_20190518_122645093.jpegIMG_20190518_122713897.jpeg

Somethings just go sailing WAY over my head. 10 46 staves? Duhhh, I'm really missing something here. :) 

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Somethings just go sailing WAY over my head. 10 46 staves? Duhhh, I'm really missing something here. :) 

So basically it is just a cask strength Makers 46

• I like it 3

So basically it is just a cask strength Makers 46
Otherwise known as Bill Samuels pick...IMG_20190518_104038080.jpeg
  • I like it 2

Took a trip to Buffalo NY and Central PA this past week. I got the SAOS SB Select and the C&K Cask Strength Brandy at the FWGS in PA, and the rest came from around Buffalo. Glad to see the Four Roses Small Batch Select, as it's not available in VA. I noticed the KCSB bottles have a chain with the barrel information on it, rather than the traditional metal sticker. I hadn't seen that before. The 4R PS bottles also had the store/age info on a tag, rather than on the side of the bottle. I guess this is new? Both are OESV 10+ yr barrels.

I also got some Armagnac, a 1981 Dartigalongue (30 yr), Eric Artiquealogue XO 15 yr, Puysegur VSOP, and Chateau de Pellehaut Reserve.
IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.f5609de35364fd16b79771363f06605c.JPG

You always make these big road trips with some really nice pick ups.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

You always make these big road trips with some really nice pick ups.

Most of the pickups I get these days are outside of VA since our selection here isn't very good. I shouldn't complain though, because it could be worse like in the state run stores in NC or especially PA. I didn't use to enjoy road trips that much, but now I view them as a chance to see new things and stop at new liquor stores along the way to see what's waiting to be discovered, so that helps make a 1000+ mile road trip a little less daunting.  

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, beasled said:

20190520_092745.jpg

Hope get more out of the Big Level than I did, the others are no doubt going to be enjoyable. 

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Hope get more out of the Big Level than I did, the others are no doubt going to be enjoyable. 

Bit of a token bottle to keep the owner happy... 

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

couple of bottles from last week

IMG_1036.jpg

Great buy. Your stronger than I 'cause they wouldn't be sitting unopened for a week.

A generous SB’r and all around righteous dude came through in a big way!0EAE780E-4855-4633-83E6-3433D64D0FDE.thumb.jpeg.c281895c50c318dfccaad32b56b84fdb.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

A generous SB’r and all around righteous dude came through in a big way!

Look at the color of ~8 year old Beam vs. ~10 year old FR and WT!

The proof differences surely have a lot to do with it, but I'm guessing there must be a significant difference due to warehouse designs and barrel location, right?

Beam has the highest (9-story) and largest warehouses, FR has all single-story, and the RR comes from 3rd floor (of 7). 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, dad-proof said:

Look at the color of ~8 year old Beam vs. ~10 year old FR and WT!

The proof differences surely have a lot to do with it, but I'm guessing there must be a significant difference due to warehouse designs and barrel location, right?

Beam has the highest (9-story) and largest warehouses, FR has all single-story, and the RR comes from 3rd floor (of 7). 

You can’t tell from the picture so here’s the lineup from left to right:

4RSmB Select 6-7 yrs

RRSiB 9-11 yrs

Dickel 17 yrs (surprisingly light)

Booker’s 6 yrs

The Booker’s sample is in an amber bottle. 

1 hour ago, CUfan99 said:

The Booker’s sample is in an amber bottle

DOH!  B)

17 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

couple of bottles from last week

IMG_1036.jpg

Which year is that THH?

You can’t tell from the picture so here’s the lineup from left to right:
4RSmB Select 6-7 yrs
RRSiB 9-11 yrs
Dickel 17 yrs (surprisingly light)
Booker’s 6 yrs
The Booker’s sample is in an amber bottle. 

DOH!  B)

This made me laugh.
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

A generous SB’r and all around righteous dude came through in a big way!0EAE780E-4855-4633-83E6-3433D64D0FDE.thumb.jpeg.c281895c50c318dfccaad32b56b84fdb.jpeg

Was the love note in the back included with the samples!?

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Which year is that THH?

2018 (and these were from a trade)

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Great buy. Your stronger than I 'cause thesy wouldn't be sitting unopened for a week.

well that Four Roses is for my 6 month old.  So it's going to be about 20 years and 6 months before we crack it open together.  The Handy was one I've wanted for a long time and it's likely to be opened first.

• I like it 3

ECBP A119 and 2 ER from Kroger waiting on dinner from the Chinese place next door.  

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 3

My 1st bottle of this. Typically I see them priced around $70 but this was just under $60 so I figured it was time. I like Maker’s 46 so we’ll see. 

1B870FF5-52B3-43D6-81DD-5930645C3B53.jpeg

9829EF7C-1135-4801-9DED-F8614AD20DAF.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Was the love note in the back included with the samples!?

Negative. Usually smart Alec responses come naturally to me but I got nothing tonight. 

A bottle of ETL and Old Fitz BIB 13 yr were put on the old credit card from afar today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.