What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, jwperry said:
On 6/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, Tex Rob said:
Stopped at a regular store today and came across some 14 year 120 proof KC SB pick for $47.00, I'll take it!

I've been loving some Knob Creek lately, that would have been hard but to Max the credit card if they had a taster available (and if my palate agreed)

They did and it was good, definitely buying some more.

• I like it 1

I picked up a 1.75L of Larceny at a local Costco as a lower proofed alternative during our upcoming Kansas summer. 92 proof isn't exactly low but most of my open bottles are 100 proof and up these days. It's pleasant and somewhat soft in taste, not at all challenging. Priced around $36, I can afford to use it when cooking.

• I like it 2

On 6/10/2019 at 11:58 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Couldn’t help myself. I overpaid at $24 but I am such a sucker for age stated dusties.  

B338870E-A5D7-4663-AA34-D00AF1D1D570.jpeg

i like this jbb

managed to pick a few up on a recent trip to Spain. not 8 year old but 6. im happy enough with that.

IMG_1105.JPG

Edited by anthony. g.
spelling fault.
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

Couldn’t help myself. I overpaid at $24 but I am such a sucker for age stated dusties.

I'd probably pull the trigger at that price.  My brother in law recently gave me a bottle of the 8 yr JB black and I really enjoyed it. 

• I like it 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:58 PM, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

B338870E-A5D7-4663-AA34-D00AF1D1D570.jpeg

I'm a fan, easy drinker's with some age at a decent price are lacking in today's market for the most part.

y4mUVbwerH7SZOaQtl0afgTFSUjt4txqUAlkSO5I

• I like it 4

Just picked up a B519. Gonna try and hold off cracking till I finish A119.

Picked up a Redemption BP 9 year. Was on sale from $100 down to $90, so I finally caved. It’s some delicious MGP juice. 

• I like it 1

Picked this up today. For $26 I thought I would give it a try.

20190609_182804.thumb.jpg.e84ac605b994a59b5e1a049ff1eaaadc.jpg

It’s not as old as it used to be. It used to be around 10+ years old, but is generally 7 to 8 years old these days. So, maybe not quite as good as it used to be, but you can still find a honey barrel occasionally.

11 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

It’s not as old as it used to be. It used to be around 10+ years old, but is generally 7 to 8 years old these days. So, maybe not quite as good as it used to be, but you can still find a honey barrel occasionally.

Just had a pour of this last week, a solid SiB for sure.  

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Had a hole in the bunker that needed filling!

0613191410.jpg

Nice!  Haha, it a good think you folded over the receipt or a more than a few folks might be leaving early today for a road trip!

• I like it 2

Had a hole in the bunker that needed filling!
0613191410.thumb.jpg.aca305f7488df71b544b788f027d8968.jpg

Helluva price on the ECBP.
  • I like it 3

Picked up a couple bottles of 1792 BIB today. Very easy drinking for 100 proof!

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up a couple bottles of 1792 BIB today. Very easy drinking for 100 proof!

I haven't seen the BIB in Indy.  But, then again, I rarely get out any more.  How would you compare the BIB with Full Proof?  I ask because I typically proof down the full proof to the 100-110 range depending on my mood.

I find standard 1792 ok but really enjoy the single barrel at 98.6 proof and love Full Proof.

Finally decided to give the standard OGD 80 proof expression a try, on sale for $17. Not bad at all if you're in the mood for an 80 proofer.

I haven't seen the BIB in Indy.  But, then again, I rarely get out any more.  How would you compare the BIB with Full Proof?  I ask because I typically proof down the full proof to the 100-110 range depending on my mood.

I find standard 1792 ok but really enjoy the single barrel at 98.6 proof and love Full Proof.

I’d still give the edge to 1792 Full Proof, especially a Private Select bottle, but this BIB was impressive, and a very easy drinker.
  • I like it 1

Stopped into my usual location after work to “kill a few minutes” before heading home. Was not planning on adding to the stash, but it is hard to turn down an almost 14 year 120 proof store pick and the other bottle when they are right in front of me. 

CA9AC4EA-0092-4AD3-A32E-FF8A7CEF743D.jpeg

7176B21E-E6AF-4B4C-8C46-3C6248BE9643.jpeg

• I like it 6

Just got back from a whiskey promotional event at a local liquor store.  I was 21st in line and ended up with a Rock Hill Farms, Old Fitzgerald 13 year and an ETL.  A buddy I was with secured another Old Fitzgerald for me in exchange for the ETL!  Feeling pretty happy with how things turned out!

• I like it 6

I always like to keep one of these handy for parties, etc.

Definitely a crowd pleaser that everyone enjoys, even non bourbon folks. 

751EF646-8EBE-4EF9-87F8-5E9F4B37241B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Went to my counties Whiskey event today like a couple others it seems. Attended and EC seminar and tasting and got first pick of their 8 and 9 years pics. I chose the 8 and seemed like most others did. The 9 was too close to the reg small batch. Got some cool swag from the seminar as well. Also got 1 of the 2 BT pics. This one was spicier and more complex. Also took a chance on the OE7.
IMG_2828.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.