What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, marshall9779 said:

Went to my counties Whiskey event today like a couple others it seems. Attended and EC seminar and tasting and got first pick of their 8 and 9 years pics. I chose the 8 and seemed like most others did. The 9 was too close to the reg small batch. Got some cool swag from the seminar as well. Also got 1 of the 2 BT pics. This one was spicier and more complex. Also took a chance on the OE7.
IMG_2828.jpg

I need those socks!! Were they part of the seminar?

• I like it 1

Yes they were. They are the best part of the swag.

3 hours ago, elmossle said:

How many pairs of EC socks do you want?  I have tons!   ?

• I like it 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, BDanner said:

Harry in DC did a great SBS. Old Ezra was never available here in NC. Either way, it's a sold pour for less than $15.

BD, I'll be retiring to NC early next year and one of the things that scares me is the NC ABC store selections.  I've only been to the store in Leland (Wilmington area) and it was downright depressing to see the puny offerings they had.  I don't know if that's indicative of their other stores but yikes!!

5 hours ago, DCFan said:

BD, I'll be retiring to NC early next year and one of the things that scares me is the NC ABC store selections.  I've only been to the store in Leland (Wilmington area) and it was downright depressing to see the puny offerings they had.  I don't know if that's indicative of their other stores but yikes!!

That's my neck of the woods. I agree...both Leland locations are horrible, as are a lot of the more rural stores. If you're retiring in the Leland area, just ten minutes across the bridge in Wilmington the 17th St location is much better, and a few more miles away the Market St or Wrightsville Beach locations are also better than the Leland locations. New Hanover County also does a good deal of store picks. My hometown store in Southport was recently remodeled and the new manager is catering to the bourbon/rye enthusiasts. Southern end of Brunswick County the Ocean Isle location is also pretty good. You are also fairly close to the SC state line, but that to me is more depressing than shopping at NC ABC's. I've never experienced anything other than NC ABC system, but for special/allocated stuff, when you can find it the prices are great. Where living in NC hurts is staples...Beam, WT101, OGD's, Makers, etc. are MSRP (or very close to it) all the time. I can hop over the state line to Myrtle Beach and pick up handles of staples at Costco for only a couple dollars more than NC charges for the 750's. There is legislation pending that would relax some of the more draconian NC rules, but total privatization is not on the horizon here (and after looking around in SC, that may be a good thing). Either way...Welcome to the Land of the Longleaf Pine!

That's a loot! I was 43rd in line this AM and got a Rock Hill Farms.

Good day.  The ECBP is now one of the best values out there in my area and the Saffell is fantastic. 

8C17B68B-D5EA-4D3B-BC3E-15990C87CDC9.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 3

My haul from this past week. I might be most excited about the 10yr 8mth OESK my buddy picked up!IMG_20190615_221638255.jpegIMG_20190611_204102684.jpeg

• I like it 2

spacer.png

Went looking for the Dickel for Fathers Day and got a great surprise..thanks to a very cool guy at the local LS.

• I like it 5

On 6/14/2019 at 5:47 PM, mwmac said:

Just got back from a whiskey promotional event at a local liquor store.  I was 21st in line and ended up with a Rock Hill Farms, Old Fitzgerald 13 year and an ETL.  A buddy I was with secured another Old Fitzgerald for me in exchange for the ETL!  Feeling pretty happy with how things turned out!

20190615_125150.jpg

• I like it 2

On 6/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, ptman2000 said:

My haul yesterday from Whiskey Rocks in MD!

414276F4-15CD-4D1A-BA02-C80E1AD9F03B.jpeg

Easy there fella.  Any more bottles and you would have needed to add support to that deck.  ?

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

spacer.png

Went looking for the Dickel for Fathers Day and got a great surprise..thanks to a very cool guy at the local LS.

Good deal!  I actually found myself looking for the Dickel today.  I never thought I would say that give my dislike of Dickel 12.  

• I like it 1

My wife and youngest son took me out for Father's Day lunch and bourbon shopping.  Of course, I paid but that is ok.  I have told my family that I don't want gifts, I just want to spend time with them.

I ended up with a few staples plus an Ezra Brooks BS and two bottles of a store select Woodford.  I actually went to the store to see what they had but I had heard they had a fairly good store select Woodford.  I was actually disappointed in the price $54.99 even though it was a liter bottle.  However,  I was able to try it at their adjacent restaurant.  It is spectacular!  I ended up picking up two bottles.  The 15% discount for multiple bottles knocked the price down $46.75.  A little more expensive than I would have like but I would match it up with any of the better Blanton's and other similarly priced bourbons, including FR BS, I have had.

• I like it 3

48 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have told my family that I don't want gifts, I just want to spend time with them.

???

• I like it 1

Fathers Day gift. Its the second release, which I tried a few months ago & liked. I found it much more complex than their first release.

20190616_142822.jpg

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Fathers Day gift. Its the second release, which I tried a few months ago & liked. I found it much more complex than their first release.

20190616_142822.jpg

The perfect Father's Day gift.   Enjoy!

Edited by mbroo5880i

4 minutes ago, JGriff said:

Happy Fathers Day fellas.  Family hooked me up!  Was a great day. 

F93C7229-D0AE-40BD-B492-E1E8F61EC4E5.jpeg

Well, now!  Three of Kind is a solid poker hand and even more solid of a bourbon gift.

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

My wife and youngest son took me out for Father's Day lunch and bourbon shopping.  Of course, I paid but that is ok.  I have told my family that I don't want gifts, I just want to spend time with them.

I ended up with a few staples plus an Ezra Brooks BS and two bottles of a store select Woodford.  I actually went to the store to see what they had but I had heard they had a fairly good store select Woodford.  I was actually disappointed in the price $54.99 even though it was a liter bottle.  However,  I was able to try it at their adjacent restaurant.  It is spectacular!  I ended up picking up two bottles.  The 15% discount for multiple bottles knocked the price down $46.75.  A little more expensive than I would have like but I would match it up with any of the better Blanton's and other similarly priced bourbons, including FR BS, I have had.

Where did you buy the Woodford?  

4 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Where did you buy the Woodford?  

Market District in Carmel

On 6/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, ptman2000 said:

My haul yesterday from Whiskey Rocks in MD!

414276F4-15CD-4D1A-BA02-C80E1AD9F03B.jpeg

You call THAT a haul? ?

59 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Market District in Carmel

I have a bottle of that Woodford pick as well, it's really good!!

• I like it 1

Stood in line at LB Saturday morning and ended up with a bottle of the Kentucky Owl Confiscated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.