What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was buying some beer and was offered a Blanton’s, so I took it. I think it was $54+ tax

• I like it 7

7 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Was buying some beer and was offered a Blanton’s, so I took it. I think it was $54+ tax

That's best price I've heard of in awhile. I'd pick one up every time it's offered at that price. I don't particularly love it but it's a great gift. 

49 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

That's best price I've heard of in awhile. I'd pick one up every time it's offered at that price. I don't particularly love it but it's a great gift. 

I agree. It is a solid pour but never quite wows me. But it certainly does make a nice gift

• I like it 1

Didn't really need more (132 bottles in the house before these 3) but I saw them and couldn't pass. CEHT SmB is one of my favorites, I was almost out of the WTKS (and this one actually had dust on it, bottled in 2014) & this was the first bottle of the 4R SmB Select I had seen. 20190517_220618.jpg

• I like it 6

Just realized I bought a bottle of WT101 and forgot to check date codes, crud it’s a 2017 bottling I may need to dump it.

OMG this is hilarious [emoji23] dude your are too funny. Pour down the drain...lol where do you come up with these? Because checking codes is pointless, LOL. Who wants older bourbon?? Not me, that's for sure!!! Hahaha!! You really shouldn't pour it down the drain though, that's just stupid.

Ok all kidding aside I’ve been on the look out and finally found one one of the LL/GG+ 2018 bottlings. Was able to compare side by side with a 2017 bottling. They are damn close not sure if I’d be able to tell which was which blind. I want to say the 2017 has more sweet and floral notes while the 2018 has more wood notes but it may be in my head, there is definitely a batch difference when you compare next to one another. I think I prefer the 2018 but it’s close. I paid $24 vs $22 for the the 2017, not sure if the 2018 is worth the 10% premium. Both are great whiskeys for the price.

Than again the $2 is worth every penny just for the idea of the hunt and to imagine I’m getting something special with the inadvertent extra age. I’m having a small pour of a 2018 ETL and while I like the nose on the ETL in every other way the WT101 blows this away.

IMG_6708.JPG

• I like it 1

Yeah yeah, I know...I know...  Curiosity got the best of me. ;)

A73B056B-13D1-414B-AA62-FA4932FF17B6.jpeg

• I like it 1

Yeah yeah, I know...I know...  Curiosity got the best of me. [emoji6]

A73B056B-13D1-414B-AA62-FA4932FF17B6.thumb.jpeg.38f48e251fd714fcd33b6ec4fc85f692.jpeg

Need some opinions on the Confiscated.
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Need some opinions on the Confiscated.

I’ll get around to it soon.  Too many bourbon buzzards at the cigar shop last night to crack it open. :rolleyes:

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Yeah yeah, I know...I know...  Curiosity got the best of me. ;)

A73B056B-13D1-414B-AA62-FA4932FF17B6.jpeg

Well... You have at least one winner there for sure!

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

I count three!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

I count three!

Curious of your #3 pick

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I knew you were secretly an MGP guy!!!

• I like it 1

23 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

Curious of your #3 pick

Redemption > Hochstadter's > OGD 114 that order

• I like it 2

10 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Redemption > Hochstadter's > OGD 114 that order

And then Lusty Claw!

1 minute ago, 0895 said:

And then Lusty Claw!

Hysterical!

• I like it 1

I was lucky to find another OF BIB 13yr. $135. Looks like TW corrected their initial $99 price mistake.

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

I knew you were secretly an MGP guy!!!

When did MGPI acquire the Old Grand Dad brand???!!!???

• I like it 2

31 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

When did MGPI acquire the Old Grand Dad brand???!!!???

Ha. 

Fine, Ill let you have this round. 

• I like it 1

Took a trip to Buffalo NY and Central PA this past week. I got the SAOS SB Select and the C&K Cask Strength Brandy at the FWGS in PA, and the rest came from around Buffalo. Glad to see the Four Roses Small Batch Select, as it's not available in VA. I noticed the KCSB bottles have a chain with the barrel information on it, rather than the traditional metal sticker. I hadn't seen that before. The 4R PS bottles also had the store/age info on a tag, rather than on the side of the bottle. I guess this is new? Both are OESV 10+ yr barrels.

I also got some Armagnac, a 1981 Dartigalongue (30 yr), Eric Artiquealogue XO 15 yr, Puysegur VSOP, and Chateau de Pellehaut Reserve.

IMG_0401.JPG

• I like it 7

On 5/16/2019 at 2:52 PM, Grim_Tactics said:

spacer.png

Found this at the local bottle store here in GA. Took a chance as I had zero information on the typical price range and if it was any good. Found out I was lucky on the price and we will see how it tastes at a later date. 

Well done.. Something about GA! ... I’ve found a few nice finds at good prices over the years when traveling and “hunting” through there including a dusty WT CGF.

• I like it 1

Here’s a few picks over the last few days. I guess it pays to be nice and try to patronize a particular LS. “Venus” was nice enough to put the Blanton’s in back and call me when it arrived. Supposedly only 1 of 6 bottles they’ve gotten in since Christmas. I really wanted this JDBP and can’t wait to try this high octane bottle! Not pictured is a bottle of Virgin that I bought with encouragement from “Frat” here and some others. Thanks Frat. ;) Headed out on vacay in the AM and plan to explore a few places in FL... :) 

3766BD45-350E-4D14-A62D-4690863358E1.jpeg

C4001E74-85A4-4421-AA62-A0CF2AE1E286.jpeg

• I like it 3

Between a head cold/allergies, busy season at work, and trying to clear out some bottles have not been drinking/buying/opening much. Excited about this one and after hearing all the good reviews went for three bottles. Although still congested will probably still crack one today. 

5C961CB4-8B66-4034-81A0-2AE337EA2AB6.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.