What bottles did you open today ? (Spring ‘19)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, Bret Bret said:

Perfect!

0611191349a.jpg

I’ve had difficulty finding this here, it’s checked in my “want-to-buy” category.. however it’s scare as I mentioned and had to pass on this weekend when I found at $79.. :( 

Opened an 'old' Old Fitz 1849.   It's not bad; but, not what it had been several years prior to this iteration (this one is maybe about 7-years old?).    This one is notably 'younger' in profile than days of yore, and not extremely complex, yet it's still an enjoyable pour on a warm day after mowing the lawn.   Rather sweet, if a little thin with a kinda caramel corn base to it's palate, it still satisfies.

I’ve had difficulty finding this here, it’s checked in my “want-to-buy” category.. however it’s scare as I mentioned and had to pass on this weekend when I found at $79.. [emoji20] 

$79 is a bit high but it isn’t an atrocious price for ECBP. The cheapest that I can find it these days is about $65, but I see a lot more at $69.99 and higher.
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

I’ve had difficulty finding this here, it’s checked in my “want-to-buy” category.. however it’s scare as I mentioned and had to pass on this weekend when I found at $79.. :( 

Ohio, liquor controlled state. Even though selection is limited here, ECBP does show up every couple of weeks (3 bottle cases at a time) at MSRP ($54 out the door). 3 or 6 bottles sit right next to the cash register and disappear in 1 day. 

Hope your luck changes soon. C518 and A119 are the best batches I've had so far.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

$79 is a bit high but it isn’t an atrocious price for ECBP. The cheapest that I can find it these days is about $65, but I see a lot more at $69.99 and higher.

Frat & BretX2, thanks for the insight.. Par for the course for me I guess though, seems like the pours I’m really seeking normally run upwards of $20 or more per bottle then others are paying. I’ll do a little more diligence and if no luck won’t feel too badly per your input if I have to pull the trigger at that price.. Thanks again.. ;) 

Frat & BretX2, thanks for the insight.. Par for the course for me I guess though, seems like the pours I’m really seeking normally run upwards of $20 or more per bottle then others are paying. I’ll do a little more diligence and if no luck won’t feel too badly per your input if I have to pull the trigger at that price.. Thanks again.. [emoji6] 

Just have to clear something up since you keep abbreviating my handle “lcpfratn” and calling me “Frat.” I guess I can see how you can get “Frat” from the middle of my forum name, but the components of my forum name are actually LCP-fra-TN. LCP was derived from two things, the LCP pistol made by Ruger, which is what I carry most of the time, and it is also the acronym for the Lincoln County Process used by Tennessee Whiskey distilleries. The term “fra” means “from” in Danish, which I have a close connection to, and I speak the language well enough to get by when I’m in Denmark. And finally, I live in Tennessee, so that’s where the “TN” comes from. So call me LCP or Jeff, since that’s my real name...not loving the “Frat” thing. Cheers Hollywood!
  • I like it 3

9 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Just have to clear something up since you keep abbreviating my handle “lcpfratn” and calling me “Frat.” I guess I can see how you can get “Frat” from the middle of my forum name, but the components of my forum name are actually LCP-fra-TN. LCP was derived from two things, the LCP pistol made by Ruger, which is what I carry most of the time, and it is also the acronym for the Lincoln County Process used by Tennessee Whiskey distilleries. The term “fra” means “from” in Danish, which I have a close connection to, and I speak the language well enough to get by when I’m in Denmark. And finally, I live in Tennessee, so that’s where the “TN” comes from. So call me LCP or Jeff, since that’s my real name...not loving the “Frat” thing. Cheers Hollywood!

Can we call you Ray?  :D

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Please take off that Vines&Vinyard polo and khaki pleats. And all those drinks from your PKA mug. Come on. :) :) :) 

Just kidding Jeff. :) 

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

LCP/Jeff, no issues. Lol, thanks for the heads up my friend. Note: I have little nick names for my friends and just trying to be personable. Either way, your insight still much appreciated. ;) 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

LCP/Jeff, no issues. Lol, thanks for the heads up my friend. Note: I have little nick names for my friends and just trying to be personable. Either way, your insight still much appreciated. ;) 

He did say he "carries".  ?

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Local town has 7 bottles on the shelve for $99.99 each...?

Opened this Grenade from my recent first trip to the motherland. Pricey, but damn the juice is delicious! 

443254FA-0047-48A9-80B8-F7C9A235473D.jpeg

• I like it 5

Local town has 7 bottles on the shelve for $99.99 each...[emoji849]

We’ve got some of those stores too...unfortunately!

Opened a bottle of WTRB this evening after being on the road away from the family last night. It hit the spot.

• I like it 2

Tomorrow---National Bourbon Day/My Birthday, my brother and I will be opening some favorites/new try's starting semi-early.  Then a round of golf @3.  

On the docket:

Blantons SB / Gold / SFTB

RHF 

ETL

W12/107

EHT SB/Rye

Some of these will be after golf........but we will just drink WT101 on the course.

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, callingtom said:

Tomorrow---National Bourbon Day/My Birthday, my brother and I will be opening some favorites/new try's starting semi-early.  Then a round of golf @3.  

On the docket:

Blantons SB / Gold / SFTB

RHF 

ETL

W12/107

EHT SB/Rye

Some of these will be after golf........but we will just drink WT101 on the course.

Hmmmmmm, a fan of 'The Buffalo', I take it. :)       Then, when that Turkey gobbles, ya' just gotta answer, eh? Hard to beat WT101 anywhere.... even on a finely mowed pasture fulla holes.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Hmmmmmm, a fan of 'The Buffalo', I take it. :)       Then, when that Turkey gobbles, ya' just gotta answer, eh? Hard to beat WT101 anywhere.... even on a finely mowed pasture fulla holes.

Agreed, part of the reason for all the Buffalo is based on the ton of product that just hit here over last 2 weeks.  Found the W12, ETL, RHF, EHT SB/Rye all in last 2 weeks.  My brother gifted me the Gold/SFTB from a trip overseas and we were saving it.

For good measure we will also compare the ECBP A119 to the B519 I just got yesterday!

101 never misses.....and don't mind sharing on the course with the other 10 guys that will be there since most will just dump it in Coke's!

• I like it 1

been 4-5 months at least since i've opened anything new... should have finished off a few stragglers but oh well 

C72D3C2A-1B73-4A81-A91C-B543D136E34A.thumb.jpeg.994caaf4860fdb74ca6488420c4e794a.jpegA2ABD176-944A-402A-9485-BBD67F0138D3.thumb.jpeg.fa23abbb76c0acfe79e32209b757dcdd.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 6/13/2019 at 10:42 PM, callingtom said:

....but we will just drink WT101 on the course. 

That's playing in style...?

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy got a promotion and I worked my last day of a job I hated. Now have 5 weeks off before I start my new one. This had to be done. IMG_4984.jpg

• I like it 8

Today I opened a bottle I got years ago from our dear departed friend and SB moderator, p_elliot. This 14yr old John J. Bowman private selection from the "apartment group" is a very easy drinking 100 proof and has a ton of that old time caramel flavor. The finish isn't quite as long as I'd like, but it tastes so damn good that I don't really care. Outstanding whiskey!

This one's for you Paul. 

Cheers!

bowman.jpg

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.