Piggy Back

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I hate to say this..First impressions are....not real great.  Im not getting much of a nose. The proof is not  too bad but maybe a tad weak at 96.56  proof. The palate is not bad at first starting with the smallest bit of sweetness but that disappears quickly to an acrid taste that stayed with me far longer..Not very descriptive I know but bottom line, i  wouldn’t buy this one again.  Of course i’ll try it again sometime but would gladly pay the 100% higher pricetag for Redemption 10 year rye before getting another one of these. 

Maybe thats why it seemed like the launch mentioned it was targeted towards bartenders  for mixing. 

Edited by FasterHorses

On 4/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, FasterHorses said:

I hate to say this..First impressions are....not real great.  Im not getting much of a nose. The proof is not  too bad but maybe a tad weak at 96.56  proof. The palate is not bad at first starting with the smallest bit of sweetness but that disappears quickly to an acrid taste that stayed with me far longer..Not very descriptive I know but bottom line, i  wouldn’t buy this one again.  Of course i’ll try it again sometime but would gladly pay the 100% higher pricetag for Redemption 10 year rye before getting another one of these. 

Maybe thats why it seemed like the launch mentioned it was targeted towards bartenders  for mixing. 

The price on this one feels off for me, the regular 10 year isn't a whole lot more money for 4 more years and more proof never mind single barrels which are feeling more and more like a value as time goes by.

• I like it 2

Second pass at this.. a little better tonite after a few drops of water.  Still nothing too fantastic but not awful. Still dont think id buy it again.  Id like to hear what others think when yall get around to trying it. 

Edited by FasterHorses

Just tried this and I think its perfectly average rye whiskey.  Had a profile similar to younger MGP rye for me.

I think there are much better offerings for the money, but if someone showed up with a bottle at my house, I'd drink some.

It's a lot better than Farmstock IMO.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.