Wilderness Trail Small Batch 2019 release

Oli77
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, flahute said:

The rye is fantastic. Give it a shot. 

The bourbon needs more time. 

I second that entirely 

x3 ! Though their high rye bourbon (posted at top) is quite good already. And I like the bourbon, yes, a bit young and wheaty perhaps.

• 4 months later...

x4 - a local group did a barrel pick of the rye an the bourbon, both cask strength of course. The rye is special, on par with Willett 4 year which is my benchmark for younger ryes. The bourbon tastes pretty good* but needs a disclaimer: *for a 4 year bourbon. Basically, it tastes like it will be pretty good at 6 or 8 years. While the rye is a great product today.

Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 2

24 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

x4 - a local group did a barrel pick of the rye an the bourbon, both cask strength of course. The rye is special, on par with Willett 4 year which is my benchmark for younger ryes. The bourbon tastes pretty good* but needs a disclaimer: *for a 4 year bourbon. Basically, it tastes like it will be pretty good at 6 or 8 years. While the rye is a great product today.

This squares up with my experience as well.

• I like it 3

• 7 months later...

FYI for the locals that they are releasing again (today, they had run out too quick yesterday), their 6-year wheated Bourbon.

Bought one for sure.

Here

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:43 PM, Oli77 said:

Bought the Rye from Wilderness Trail today. This one is barrel strength at 112 proof. 

Tasting it now and after a little air time in the glass, I find it very tasty, deep, rich and sweet. 

Tried it yet TImeWillTell?

So I missed this (a year ago, wow) but yes I am in bottle two now and I love it! I live in OK but travel to KS some to visit family (which is how I amassed a Willet Rye bunker). Supposedly it's available in KS sometime this year and will be searching when I visit in a few weeks. This is def on pat with Willet, love the stuff!

Edited by TimeWillTell

• 1 month later...

These guys make superb craft whiskey,  sweet mash at half the price of Peerless and just as good.     I like their rye recipe BIB bourbon.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.