"Old Ezra" 15 year old Bourbon

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I am look for "Old Ezra" 15 year old Bourbon. Currently, David Sherman Company has something to do with the existing product. But I don't Know how to get in touch with them.

It has taken us over 45 minutes to find a site who may be able to answer our question.

Thank you for being there.

Our family has a tradition, we only get together twice a year. When we do "the boys"

sit back and have only 1 shot of Old Ezra.

Old Ezra was make back in 1978- 1984. At the time I bought 4 bottles. Each bottle has a story. Each Shot tells a tail.

More boys have come in to our family and now the girls want part of the tradition.

Please help me contact the company or someone who might have this Bourbon.

It came in a pine box.

Thank You

Brad

Old Ezra is the 15 year old version of Ezra Brooks bourbon. You are right that the David Sherman Company of St. Louis, MO, now owns the brand. I don't know if they still make the 15 year old expression or not. You should be able to get a number for Sherman from 411. You might also contact one of the wholesale liquor distributors that serves your area. You might also want to go online to Sam's Wine and Spirits here in Chicago, and see if they can help you. The URL is www.sams-wine.com. They won't have it listed, but send them an e-mail. Good luck.

David Sherman Corp. in St.Louis-Number is #(314) 772-2626. Call Donn Lux. I'm not sure if 15-year is still available. Their whiskey is made by Heaven Hill.

Julian

• 4 years later...

I was searching through some old posts and came across this thread regarding "Old Ezra" 15yo bourbon. I don't know if/how this bourbon is related to the Ezra B 15yo bourbon, but I find it interesting that Julian states that HH made the whiskey. We had recently had some discussion on the subject. Just FYI.

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I tried to get some Ezra Brooks 15 YO SB sent to Mississippi. The supplier would not ship it to a control state but at that time they had it. Keep looking.

There is no more of the 15-year-old except what is at retail. Now they are shipping it as a 12-year-old.

I found it funny that last year when I was trying to get the 12 year from my distributor they were treating it like it was Pappy 23. "Oh, that's very limited and only for special customers, mostly restaurant." Now I see they are basically giving it away in combo packs where if you buy two bottles of something else you get a bottle of the 12 year thrown in. skep.gif

Tonya, in New York State can retailers only purchase from distributors (not from producers direct) licensed to sell in NYS? And if so, do some distributors not deal in bourbon or certian kinds? E.g. in the case you mentioned, is it open to go to another distributor and say, "can you obtain this product for me even though I'm being told by xyz co. they can't supply it?".

Gary

Just a little clarification on my name which is no big deal, but thought I'd throw this out there. I prefer to go by LeNell. My first name is Tonya and middle is LeNell but when I introduce myself as Tonya LeNell, folks think LeNell is my last name. They don't get Tonya LeNell is like Bettye Jo, one of those wonderful two name names, so I just go simply by LeNell these days to cut the confusion.

OK, back to your question. grin.gif Yeah, I can only buy from a licensed distributor in New York. All alcohol has to be registered with the State Liquor Authority and shipped to me through a licensed New York distributor. When an item is being registered, the producer sends paperwork to the Liquor Authority stating which distributor will be selling the item. I rarely see a brand with more than one company, and usually when I do the item is transition between one distributor's inventory to another. Fortunately I have wonderful relationships with many of my distributors, but the largest ones are not pleasant to deal with at all. I rarely see their salespeople, salespeople don't know their products, games are often played for limited items you want. Even their delivery drivers and salespeople say they hate the companies. We've exchanged mob rule during prohibition for another form. soapbox.gif

Overall, New York liquor law is far better than many other states. We can open on Sunday, I can do liquor tastings (not just wine) in-store, I can purchase on net 30 credit, stay open till midnight except Sunday.

OK, enough of my blabber and rant for one night.

Thanks all round for this information. Sounds like not a bad system overall (after all the bourbon and rye choice you offer is most impressive). I recall a time, certainly Upstate in New York many years ago, when outlets were closed on Sunday. Good to hear Sunday sales are permitted at least in your area.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.