Elijah craig 12 year Old

raudenieks
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi, 

I found Elijah Craig 12 year 47 ABV in my local shop for 40USD. Is this particular bourbon worth the price? 

Thanks. 

Im a big scotch fan but starting to get into bourbons. That’s why such a stupid question :) 

• I like it 1

39 minutes ago, raudenieks said:

Hi, 

I found Elijah Craig 12 year 47 ABV in my local shop for 40USD. Is this particular bourbon worth the price? 

Thanks. 

Im a big scotch fan but starting to get into bourbons. That’s why such a stupid question :) 

If you like a Bourbon that's full-bodied (somewhat oaky some might say), yet nicely balanced with sweetness and some baking spices; then I'd say definitely pick it up.    The 12-year age statement has been gone from bottles on US shelves for a couple years, so a "slightly dusty" one that still has 12-years on the label is a nice find.      ...And, $40 isn't a bad price at all.

• I like it 2

Nice catch. Like Rich said, the 12 yr Elijah craig has been vacant from US shelves for a while and was a favorite among many on here. It is an excellent example of a mature, well aged bourbon that has a classic profile.  If you enjoy that bottle, chances are, you will be curious about other expressions. Enjoy it!

Roadtrip to Latvia, anyone???   ?

• I like it 2

I will grab all bottles. I think there are 4 bottles left :) 

• I like it 2

11 minutes ago, raudenieks said:

Welcome to bourbon bunkering 101. 

• I like it 2

I'm jealous...lol. EC12 was a favorite of mine. I'm not a fan of the no age statement stuff.

EC12 is a very solid bourbon.  As mentioned, it can be a little oaky yet still enjoyable.  I would certainly pick one up. 

• I like it 1

On 5/3/2019 at 4:26 AM, raudenieks said:

Hi, 

Thanks. 

What brands of bourbon do you typically find on the shelf in Latvia?

On 5/5/2019 at 9:32 AM, Kepler said:

What brands of bourbon do you typically find on the shelf in Latvia?

We don’t have many brands available. Only those mainstream. 

Jim beam (I quite like signature craft 12Y and booker’s 7Y) 

Makers Mark

Four Roses ( few weeks ago I bought four roses limited edition single barrel 2013 63 abv) 

Bulleit

Hudson Baby

Woodford Reserve 

Eagle Rare 10Y 

of course there are few more but there’s are the ones I have tried.  

On 5/3/2019 at 12:20 PM, raudenieks said:

I like the way you think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.