Four Gate

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

any info on this one? Looks to be an 11 y/o sourced for MSRP of $199. I think its a sign the bubble is about to bust at least for this and the Peerless and Ky Owl group. Unless there is SW distillate in these bottles or some other amazing taste theyve happened upon. Anyone know why they are asking More than BTAC for this new bottle?  Did Fred give it a gold medal? Seems like a real reach.

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Anyone know why they are asking More than BTAC for this new bottle?  

Because taters.

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

any info on this one? ...Unless there is SW distillate in these bottles or some other amazing taste theyve happened upon...Anyone know why they are asking More....

Questions like these are a sign the bubble is not about to bust... ;)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Questions like these are a sign the bubble is not about to bust... ;)

It was tongue in cheek. Just a conversation starter about another ridiculous startup. Their website and titles reek of dumbassery

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 3

Never heard of it.  If it's not from a major distiller, I don't even ask. Even if it is from a major distiller, it had better be something unique and new or I won't care. For example, the 4R barrel select has caught my attention. A 104pf blend from 4R that is going to be a permanent addition to the lineup is interesting and worth my attention, but I'm not going to go crazy looking for it.  If WT or Beam added a wheated line, it'd capture my attention. When some of  these distilleries start releasing their own distillate (Bulleit, Boone County, Willet, etc), I'll be curious. 

To answer some questions, Weller full proof? I'll buy it if I see it, but won't look for it. Like many on here, just tired of all the fake hoopla. 

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Their website and titles reek of dumbassery

One of my favorite lines of the year! :D

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

Never heard of it.  If it's not from a major distiller, I don't even ask. Even if it is from a major distiller, it had better be something unique and new or I won't care. For example, the 4R barrel select has caught my attention. A 104pf blend from 4R that is going to be a permanent addition to the lineup is interesting and worth my attention, but I'm not going to go crazy looking for it.  If WT or Beam added a wheated line, it'd capture my attention. When some of  these distilleries start releasing their own distillate (Bulleit, Boone County, Willet, etc), I'll be curious. 

To answer some questions, Weller full proof? I'll buy it if I see it, but won't look for it. Like many on here, just tired of all the fake hoopla. 

Regarding fake hoopla.. there are youtube videos as well as reviews that tell people that they should be buyers of this even at the ridiculous pricepoint

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

If  Beam added a wheated line, it'd capture my attention.

They just released one.

It's called Makers Mark.

?

• I like it 4

They just released one.

It's called Makers Mark.

[emoji14]

If you like the smoothness of wheat, give Bernheim wheat whiskey a try. I just opened a bottle tonight....

On 5/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, alcoholica said:

Willett has been releasing their own distillate for a few years now. They are still incorporating sourced whiskey in some products but they sell plenty of their own juice these days too.

2 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Willett has been releasing their own distillate for a few years now. They are still incorporating sourced whiskey in some products but they sell plenty of their own juice these days too.

thought that was just their rye?

On 5/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, FasterHorses said:

Anyone know why they are asking More than BTAC for this new bottle?

I've heard somewhere that a fool and his money are soon parted.

58 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

thought that was just their rye?

They’ve done some like 5/6 year bourbon WFE releases of their juice. They also distilled the 80th anniversary crap. And the Old Bardstown BIB is their distillate. At this point they are probably blending their juice into other KBD labels too but I haven’t seen anything confirming which or how much, etc. And as you noted, the ryes, 2-5 years now

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

They’ve done some like 5/6 year bourbon WFE releases of their juice. They also distilled the 80th anniversary crap. And the Old Bardstown BIB is their distillate. At this point they are probably blending their juice into other KBD labels too but I haven’t seen anything confirming which or how much, etc. And as you noted, the ryes, 2-5 years now

Thanks, I didn't realize they were blending their stuff in. When did they start bottling their stuff in the BiB?

2 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

When did they start bottling their stuff in the BiB?

About 2 years ago - right when the label changed.

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

About 2 years ago - right when the label changed.

ah, so anything I find out there should be their stuff. thanks

23 minutes ago, alcoholica said:

Old Bardstown yes. The other KBDs are anyone’s guess. 

• I like it 2

On 5/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, alcoholica said:

On 5/7/2019 at 8:04 PM, flahute said:

Old Bardstown yes. The other KBDs are anyone’s guess. 

Just for clarification purposes, probably only the square-ish bottles of OB. 

Steve likely knows more than me,

but I believe the Old Bardstown Estate in the round bottle might be of similar sourcing as its cousins (J Drum/KY vintage/ Pure KY XO)

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Just for clarification purposes, probably only the square-ish bottles of OB. 

Steve likely knows more than me,

but I believe the Old Bardstown Estate in the round bottle might be of similar sourcing as its cousins (J Drum/KY vintage/ Pure KY XO)

I'm not sure if they're still making the Estate in the round bottles but 0895 is correct that those are multiply sourced.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.