Bourbon podcast

rmoore926
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've recently started listening to podcasts.  I started with people I wanted to learn more about.  Lately I've been looking for a good bourbon themed podcast  I've only listen to a three, and only one episode of each, but I have yet to be really impressed.  I know I may need to give them each a few more listens, but if anyone could steer me to one they enjoy I'd appreciate it.  Thanks 

I like Bourbon Pursuit. They are pretty consistent in what you get. It's my Bourbon Bourbon Podcast has some really great episodes, but some duds too. So don't be afraid to just skip an episode if you're not feeling it. On YouTube, I like It's Bourbon Night. They have really good production value and they are entertaining. They won't really bad mouth any brand, but you can tell when they like something vs. not.  Also on YouTube there is Bourbon Blind and Bourbon Guild, they are both hit or miss for me. Lastly is The Whisk(e)y Vault. It's entertaining, but I don't trust their reviews at all, so I don't really watch any of the last three consistently at all.

• I like it 1

The dads drinking bourbon is my favorite. Full disclosure, I consider John and Zeke friends. We have exchanged samples and bottles. 

They are passionate about the juice and don’t take themselves too seriously. 

I enjoy bourbon blind as well. Kyle’s passion for bourbon shows and I think their approach of ‘how doee this measure up relative to my cost’ is something most of us can relate to. 

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 2

Blind Whiskey Reviews on Youtube is pretty good.  Concise and honest reviews without a lot of unnecessary chatter. 

Not strictly a bourbon podcast, but my favorite liquor podcast is Life Behind Bars. Great production value, interesting and on-topic discussion.

I've been on as a guest on several bourbon podcasts including Bourbon Pursuit, but I rarely listen to any.  I'd much rather read content at my own pace than listen at theirs.  When I was in sales and racking up 30K miles in car, if podcasts been popular then, I probably would have listened as I drove.

• I like it 1

I second the Bourbon Guild on YouTube. Very entertaining and after their recent review of New Riff, I trust their opinions.

Not specific to Bourbon but I've been listening to Whiskycast for longer than I've been posting on this forum.

I'm not really a fan of any of the Podcasts but I will watch the Bourbon Night series on youtube.com if I'm looking for something to listen to or watch.

Podcast=Bourbon Pursuit (knowledge, entertainment, guests)

Have tried to listen & like several others but this is the one podcast that remains worthy (to me)

Youtube;  It's Bourbon Night (entertainment & some knowledge) along with Mash & Drum (Fair, Honest, good process method on evaluating)

Always on the lookout for more

Bourbon Pursuit is great for industry info, reviews, news, and has great round table discussions.

The Podcask is bourbon focused with reviews, but has a comedic element and is one of the funniest podcasts I have ever listened too, especially when they over-indulge in blind tastings and such.  Great entertainment.

Edited by NDN98

12 hours ago, manowire said:

Podcast=Bourbon Pursuit (knowledge, entertainment, guests)

Have tried to listen & like several others but this is the one podcast that remains worthy (to me)

Youtube;  It's Bourbon Night (entertainment & some knowledge) along with Mash & Drum (Fair, Honest, good process method on evaluating)

Always on the lookout for more

I really liked It's Bourbon Night early on, and still do, but I could do w/o all the asking for money.  They've really been pushing their merch and patreon the last 6 months or so. I know everyone does it, but for whatever reason it seems more noticeable on their show.

• I like it 1

Thanks for the replies.  I have since listened to one episode of Bourbon Pursuit and enjoyed it.  It's one I'll give some more listens to for sure.

I'll check out Life Behind Bars and Whiskycast as well.  

Thanks to everyone for their time and comments.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:14 PM, kevinbrink said:

Not specific to Bourbon but I've been listening to Whiskycast for longer than I've been posting on this forum.

With you on this rec, Kevin.  Generally, I’m not much of a podcast listener, but the Whiskeycast guy is a real pro, and his content is very good.  Head and shoulders above others , IMO.  

The few Bourbon Pursuit podcasts I’ve listened to have been OK.  I’ll check in if I hear that a good Distillery guest is on.  The overall content of the show is not exceptional, but  I do appreciate that the guy seems well prepared...and this is hard to find in the podcast platform.  So, it is noteworthy.

Pro Tips for Podcasters:  Quit getting hammered before the show.  Be prepared and have a plan.  Don’t be afraid to piss another blogger/podcaster off if you disagree, because this shouldn’t be a consensus building exercise.  Which leads to...Stop inviting other bloggers and podcasters on to your show.  It’s comfortable I’m sure, but the rechurning of the same message from the same people is boring and offers little.  Do research.  Find new things.  Deep dive into something.  Give me a reason to listen/watch.  Show me why you’re different from the other guys.  Finally, quit getting hammered before the show.

• I like it 4

I really liked It's Bourbon Night early on, and still do, but I could do w/o all the asking for money.  They've really been pushing their merch and patreon the last 6 months or so. I know everyone does it, but for whatever reason it seems more noticeable on their show.
Completely agree! They worked "ads" into the middle of some of the segments now. Plus, the channel is starting to get boring IMO, same ole^2
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, newmennium said:
15 hours ago, alcoholica said:

Completely agree! They worked "ads" into the middle of some of the segments now. Plus, the channel is starting to get boring IMO, same ole^2

Not really looking to bash them too much. I've met them both and I think they're both good people, but they are trying too hard to make money at this. Nothing wrong with it, but as you've alluded to, they are trying too hard and it just feels forced anymore. And they are trying to cater to an audience that's paying them rather than following their passion.

a few that I like:

Bourbon Pursuit

Dads Drinking Bourbon

The Bourbon Daily

Whiskycast

• 11 months later...
On 5/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, alcoholica said:

On YouTube, I like It's Bourbon Night. They have really good production value and they are entertaining. They won't really bad mouth any brand, but you can tell when they like something vs. not.  Also on YouTube there is Bourbon Blind and Bourbon Guild, they are both hit or miss for me. Lastly is The Whisk(e)y Vault. It's entertaining, but I don't trust their reviews at all, so I don't really watch any of the last three consistently at all.

I agree Its Bourbon Night with Chad and Sarah is one of my faves. Now the the Bourbon Guild crew are too annoying and immature for me while the Whiskey Vault guys try too hard to be comedians.  Kyle with Bourbon Blind, Jason with Mash and Drum, Chris with Bourboninsane, Ohn eith Bilnd Whiskey Reviews, and My Bourbon Journey are all very cohesive and informative YouTube reviewer. Fred Minnick rambles too much. Way toooo damn much!!

Edited by Bourbon Sabbath

A newer podcast that does some very concise reviews and is informative on what they are drinking is Bourbon and Stuff

9 hours ago, Bourbon Sabbath said:

I agree Its Bourbon Night with Chad and Sarah is one of my faves. Now the the Bourbon Guild crew are too annoying and immature for me while the Whiskey Vault guys try too hard to be comedians.  Kyle with Bourbon Blind, Jason with Mash and Drum, Chris with Bourboninsane, Ohn eith Bilnd Whiskey Reviews, and My Bourbon Journey are all very cohesive and informative YouTube reviewer. Fred Minnick rambles too much. Way toooo damn much!!

And the Scotch Test Dummies are just too annoying, IMO.  One I like is Liquor Hound - concise and very detailed reviews...

• I like it 1

Bourbon Night was enjoyable for a few episodes but I've never cared for Bourbon Pursuit, Dad's Drinking Bourbon, and any of the others.  They rarely provide any information that I either didn't know or care to know.  Whiskey Cask is in a different category and is the only one I listen to on a regular basis.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.