Baker's Single Barrel

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:38 AM, Kepler said:

If true, this would be unfortunate.  However I am already working on a home vatting blend of Baker's and Distiller's Cut that hopefully will turn out to be a replacement profile. To me I've always thought JBDC is a poor man's version of Baker's (in that it has the same crisp fruit profile as Baker's but with less aging). Home vatting can sometimes help fix the shortcomings...

Still going with a 50:50 blend or changing it up?  Can we name it after you (Kepler's Blend)?  Inquiring minds want to know.   ?

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Still going with a 50:50 blend or changing it up?  Can we name it after you (Kepler's Blend)?  Inquiring minds want to know.   ?

Per standard protocols:

”Poor man’s _______________.”

6 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Per standard protocols:

”Poor man’s _______________.”

Screw that Tony. <_<

With all due respect to Kepler, I kinda like Keplers Keeper. :D  Screw them other websites. Gotta keep it in the family. 

A long time ago, (from a bunker far, far away) a member here came up with the original SB Blend. It was meant to resemble Weller Centennial. There was no big announcement or fanfare. It was what it was, and it was appreciated and enjoyed by many members here simply for just that. Twern’t no big deal or anything. But then someone from another blog/ website came up with the “Poor Mans Pappy” moniker. ?   IIRC, it’s the same thing as the SB Blend. In other words, someone saw fit to “borrow” the recipe from our website, change the name, and lay claim to it as something they came up with on their own. Things that make you go hmmmmmm. :mellow:  The rest is history, as they say. As for my, “Joe’s Weller Blend”, I deviated a bit from the original SB Blend. The original SB Blend was a 3:2 ratio of OWA to Weller 12. My blend is 3:1:1, OWA to Weller SR, to Weller 12.  And it’s all mine. :P  Carry on.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Joe, ya need to include "Whore" in the name of your blend :) 

Ok, I actually laughed out loud at this. Sorry, Joe.

:P

9 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Joe, ya need to include "Whore" in the name of your blend :) 

1 hour ago, Galvin0791 said:

Ok, I actually laughed out loud at this. Sorry, Joe.

:P

Anything for the team.  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 9/19/2019 at 6:55 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Screw that Tony. <_<

With all due respect to Kepler, I kinda like Keplers Keeper. :D  Screw them other websites. Gotta keep it in the family. 

A long time ago, (from a bunker far, far away) a member here came up with the original SB Blend. It was meant to resemble Weller Centennial. There was no big announcement or fanfare. It was what it was, and it was appreciated and enjoyed by many members here simply for just that. Twern’t no big deal or anything. But then someone from another blog/ website came up with the “Poor Mans Pappy” moniker. ?   IIRC, it’s the same thing as the SB Blend. In other words, someone saw fit to “borrow” the recipe from our website, change the name, and lay claim to it as something they came up with on their own. Things that make you go hmmmmmm. :mellow:  The rest is history, as they say. As for my, “Joe’s Weller Blend”, I deviated a bit from the original SB Blend. The original SB Blend was a 3:2 ratio of OWA to Weller 12. My blend is 3:1:1, OWA to Weller SR, to Weller 12.  And it’s all mine. :P  Carry on.

Biba! Joe

I thought there was more to it than that?  Or were those 'one-off, special, limited-edition Joe Weller Blends, or JWBs' that had extra goodies in them?  IIRC, they were all damn tasty ;) 

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, GaryT said:

I thought there was more to it than that?  Or were those 'one-off, special, limited-edition Joe Weller Blends, or JWBs' that had extra goodies in them?  IIRC, they were are all damn tasty ;) 

FIFY, Gary!   ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.