George Dickel Bottled in Bond

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 minutes ago, GaryT said:

13 yr BIB . . . for $36.  

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/george-dickel-enters-bottled-in-bond-category-with-13-year-old-limited-release-300850764.html

Not a huge Dickel fan, but this will be an auto-buy for me (unless I try it first).  Hard to imagine it not being worth that.

As a GD fan, this is certainly a welcome and interesting announcement. I just hope it isn't as rare as that JD heritage barrel fiasco. My GD12 is getting low and this would make a fine replacement.

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1

As a GD fan, this is certainly a welcome and interesting announcement. I just hope it isn't as rare as that JD heritage barrel fiasco. My GD12 is getting low and this would make a fine replacement.

...and that GD12 is nowhere near 12 years old either, so this new product should be substantially more than a fine replacement.
  • I like it 2

13 yr BIB . . . for $36.  

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/george-dickel-enters-bottled-in-bond-category-with-13-year-old-limited-release-300850764.html

Not a huge Dickel fan, but this will be an auto-buy for me (unless I try it first).  Hard to imagine it not being worth that.

Wow! I can’t believe they priced this so cheap! Their 9yr Barrel Select and PS products are priced a good bit higher. I’ll probably pick up a few of these at that price.
  • I like it 1

Just came to post this, not a huge Dickel fan but yeah 13yr BIB under $40 is an auto buy.

• I like it 1

Love GD!!! I hope I can get my hands on a bottle. For less than $40, it seems like a steal. I just paid $50 for a 9yo Barrel Selection.

Their production must be off the charts with all the NDP's that are sourcing from them to still have 13yo stock.

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 2

I have a feeling these are going to go fast… so I had a friend grab a bottle. Should have it in hand by Monday.

image1.thumb.jpg.390092166d7ee1ca5f9761fbb713076b.jpg

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I have a feeling these are going to go fast… so I had a friend grab a bottle. Should have it in hand by Monday.

That bottle loox big!   Is is a liter?    I'm down for one, if it can be found at anything under $40.

12 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

That bottle loox big!   Is is a liter?    I'm down for one, if it can be found at anything under $40.

750mL-- she has petite hands.

I would buy so many of these if they were going to be obtainable here....

Just read in the link that it's nationwide, last I heard this was only going to Southern States, color me enthused.

Edited by kevinbrink

11 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I would buy so many of these if they were going to be obtainable here....

Just read in the link that it's nationwide, last I heard this was only going to Southern States, color me enthused.

Me too, stick one on my pile will ya! :D

2 hours ago, beasled said:

Me too, stick one on my pile will ya! :D

Certainly will try!

Is there an age statement on the bottle?

24 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Is there an age statement on the bottle?

In keeping with the BiB theme, it's treated as a vintage:

DISTILLING SEASON – FALL 2005

This batch comes from barrels maturing since Fall 2005 with a taste that’s bold and complex. Kinda like the people who made it.

• I like it 2

In keeping with the BiB theme, it's treated as a vintage:

DISTILLING SEASON – FALL 2005
This batch comes from barrels maturing since Fall 2005 with a taste that’s bold and complex. Kinda like the people who made it.

Ah thanks, I see it now.

Definitely willing to take a flyer at that price. Less than $40 — Is this time machine whiskey?

• 2 weeks later...

My son got a bottle in Murfreesboro Tn last week.  This is what he had to say about it.  It has not arrived in south "Sippe yet, but when it does, i'll grab some.  I'm a big GD fan though to begin with.  

Just cracked it open and watching the hockey game. I tell ya what, this is possibly the best BIB I’ve ever had. I’ve had worse 60$ stuff than this. When I first opened it up and nosed it I was a little disappointed but after a few sips and it sitting in the glass for a few minutes it really opened up. The finish in this stuff is more like a 120 proof whiskey and just keeps going and going and gets better as it goes. Man, if you can pick up more than one bottle I would I’ll definitely be trying to find another one.

• I like it 2

Stopped by the distillery on the way to Indy for the 500. They had stacks of it and of course one came home with me. Haven't cracked it yet but I am very much looking forward to it!!

• I like it 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, kcgumbohead said:

Stopped by the distillery on the way to Indy for the 500. They had stacks of it and of course one came home with me. Haven't cracked it yet but I am very much looking forward to it!!

Was it at or close to MSRP, if I may ask.  

Just bought this and opened it. $39 OTD. The nose is nice... tastes veryBarton-ish to me. Not bad.. i think a little vitamin taste but if you had told me it was VOB i would not have doubted. Not sure i’d buy again. But then again it got way better at the end.. and that nose is incredible.

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 1

Revisited...Corn, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Oatmeal.....Like I'd imagine a whitetail deer mineral block...in a good way. 

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Revisited...Corn, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Oatmeal.....Like I'd imagine a whitetail deer mineral block...in a good way. 

Whitetail deer mineral block?  

Beat THAT, Cravat Boy! :D

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.