Attn FR cult and Lawrenceburg folks... podcast w/ Dan Gardner

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Great pod cast here with Dan Gardner of Four Roses. Deep dive on yeast strains, mash bill, aging, barrel make up etc. 

Worth a listen  

Full disclosure, I count John and Zeke as friends but I honestly think they do a good job. 

• I like it 5

And, thanks for posting the link itself so I didn't have to go hunting.  I always get distracted by all the OTHER podcasts I stumble on.:rolleyes:

I was surprised to find out the Q yeast is intentionally ‘neutral’.... no wonder there seems to be a wider variance than say V or K. 

On 6/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, Mako254 said:

Great pod cast here with Dan Gardner of Four Roses. Deep dive on yeast strains, mash bill, aging, barrel make up etc. 

Worth a listen  

Full disclosure, I count John and Zeke as friends but I honestly think they do a good job. 

That was cool, thanks

On 6/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, Mako254 said:

Worth a listen  

I'm glad I made the time to listen to this. Dan Gardner is someone you'd love to spend an evening drinking a variety FR with. What a fountain of knowledge (and some great stories!)

Thanks for the link

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, Mako254 said:

Worth a listen  

Finally got around to this. So good! Always love hearing Dan talk.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, Mako254 said:

I was surprised to find out the Q yeast is intentionally ‘neutral’.... no wonder there seems to be a wider variance than say V or K. 

I thought it was supposed to be ‘floral’.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.