Saint Cloud Bourbon

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Excellent post Wade. Thanks for doing the research on this one.

Good job Wade. I have really soured on most bourbon blogs, now they just seem like vehicles to get free samples and pimp your nonsense to taters. This place is to be commended for its commitment to good information and real community over cashing in on the boom.

• I like it 2

Excellent post Wade. Thanks for doing the research on this one.

Ditto!
  • I like it 1

Nice blog Wade.

Has anyone tasted this stuff?  Regardless, an easy pass for me.

...Fine research and great no-nonsense reporting of FACTS!    ...Not a path that has been well-worn by many bloggers, Wade.   Thanx for substantiating my original impressions of this offering, sir.

• I like it 1

Very interesting. I hadn’t heard of this one but really appreciate the info. 

Great Article Wade!

The only thing different I could discern from the label was the mention of French Oak. French Oak does impart a little different taste profile versus American. Being a KY sourced whiskey, I am not aware of any producers using French Oak. Did he purchase the distillate and age it himself? Is it aged in American Oak and finished in French? Or is there a producer in KY using French barrels?

5 hours ago, Old Hippie said:

Or is there a producer in KY using French barrels?

Everybody experiments and sometimes those experiments reach the market, other times they don't.

I know for sure that Heaven Hill experiments with different oaks. Its quite possible that they or someone else decided they didn't want to market this experiment so they sold it to a bulk whiskey dealer.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.