What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Officially it starts 3 hours from now (EDT) but let's get this puppy started.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Picked these up today

20190621_233913.jpg

Always wanted to try that Nikka. I can never decide if I love that bottle design or hate it, leaning towards love.

• I like it 1

Picked up another RHF to give to my niece later on, and a spare bottle of Knob Creek store pick.  Exact same purchase as my last one. 

Edited by Radioyada
Spelling

Just now, Kepler said:

Also grabbed a pair of jugs.  Wife was jealous

20190622_214659.jpg

Yeah, they always get a little cranky to see those paid for jugs... ;)

• I like it 3

Amy wanted to stop at our local to pick up some Gin for our impending vacation. I always check to see what Bourbons are on sale, and what is in stock. Primarily, ECBP based on info I got on here regarding the latest release. There was none to be found in the usual location. There were stacks of boxes that hadn't shelved, so I gave them a glance over. Nothing. But, while looking at the boxes, I saw out the corner of my eye, a lone bottle of ECBP on an end cap. B519, perfect. I take the bottle to the cashier and she asks me where I got it. I said on the shelf, but not in the usual location, this one was on an end cap. She found that peculiar. I said ,I know. I asked if there were any more? She slides one across the counter that I hadn't seen. So you want this also? Yes, please! Ohio price is $49.99. 

• I like it 5

20 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up another RHF to give to my niece later on, and a spare bottle of Knob Creek store pick.  Exact same purchase as my last one. 

You can pick up another and give to Hollywood! Lol! Way to go, very nice. Still searching around here, haven’t seen at any price. 

• I like it 1

25 minutes ago, hollywood said:

You can pick up another and give to Hollywood! Lol! Way to go, very nice. Still searching around here, haven’t seen at any price. 

You need to make it to the Atlanta area more often.  You are not that far away, and surely there could be some good reasons to visit here that would allow you to visit a few of our fair locations that sell the brown nectar we enjoy.

1 minute ago, Radioyada said:

You need to make it to the Atlanta area more often.  You are not that far away, and surely there could be some good reasons to visit here that would allow you to visit a few of our fair locations that sell the brown nectar we enjoy.

I agree.. years back, I’ve had a home and regional office there and got over very often.. Not too often now, but then I was able to readily find RHF and ETL. If I got adventerous I’d find “scenic” routes on return and would often find dusties in doing so as well.

4 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I agree.. years back, I’ve had a home and regional office there and got over very often.. Not too often now, but then I was able to readily find RHF and ETL. If I got adventerous I’d find “scenic” routes on return and would often find dusties in doing so as well.

Well...if you ever decide to make it over here send me a PM and let me know.

Splurged a little for our last couple nights in FL on an ECBP C918 for $66. About $10 more than I typically get it for.  Only bottle I bought to come home with is an Old Ezra BP. If we don't finish the ECBP in the next 3 nights I"ll stash it at the bro-in-law's place down here.

20190623_175046-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 4

9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

If we don't finish the ECBP in the next 3 nights I"ll stash it at the bro-in-law's place down here.

I have great confidence in you and the Mrs.

?

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Splurged a little for our last couple nights in FL on an ECBP C918 for $66. About $10 more than I typically get it for.  Only bottle I bought to come home with is an Old Ezra BP. If we don't finish the ECBP in the next 3 nights I"ll stash it at the bro-in-law's place down here.

The good life...sipping ECBP by the pool from a palm tree tumbler on your St. Louis Blues swag.  Surely, you aren't drinking an ECBP boilermaker? ?

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Well...if you ever decide to make it over here send me a PM and let me know.

Awesome, will do! Sounds great, maybe I can work out something over the next few weeks or month. ;) 

My wife was visiting her family in Indy the last few days and came back bearing gifts.

IMG_1211.jpg

• I like it 8

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

The good life...sipping ECBP by the pool from a palm tree tumbler on your St. Louis Blues swag.  Surely, you aren't drinking an ECBP boilermaker? ?

Absolutely. Perfectly staged on the Blues swag just for @GeeTen :) Wednesday it's back to reality though.

• I like it 2

20 hours ago, Clueby said:

$66 is a "must buy" price in FL. Rarely at/around $60 (when found). If found on the shelf, normally around $100+

1 hour ago, jwperry said:

$66 is a "must buy" price in FL. Rarely at/around $60 (when found). If found on the shelf, normally around $100+

There were 5 or 6 of them on the shelf. Lady said they had just gotten it in for the first time.

• I like it 1

One of the better spots on the east coast for finding good bourbon is Elkton,   Maryland.     There's the venerable State Line Liquors near the Delaware line,   but don't forget to go into Elkton itself where there's two excellent stores.     I passed through Elkton yesterday,  and picked up the following:

1.   Jim Beam Distiller's Cut (just $20.99!)

2.    Murray Hill Club blended bourbon  ($85.  and very much worth the price. )   A luxuriant take on well-aged MGP juice, expertly blended

3.    Elijah Craig store pick single barrel  ($29.99)   About nine years old,   94 proof.    Solid pour.

4.    Belle Meade Medeira cask finish.   ($61.99)   This one's going in the bunker,  but it looks interesting  -  MGP juice with a twist.   

5.   Wilderness Trail  BIB  (wheated bourbon recipe)   ($49.99)     I'd never seen this distillery's products before,  but was impressed that their first release is a BIB.   

• I like it 2

@Jazzhead I just opened my BM XO Cognac this evening. Definitely different! I haven't had Brandy in years, but have been sampling a bunch of rum cask finished whiskey lately and was expecting something similar, which this isn't. It is unique.

I haven't seen the Maidera around, but plan on grabbing a Sherry when I see it. Hopefully yours doesn't sit in the bunker too long, interested in tasting notes!

Took my gal shopping about 30 minutes north of here.. ABC store conveniently located in the same strip. ;) They have a little better/greater selection then some others here as well.. They had a shelf to the side decorated with some Christmas garland that caught my eye (not sure what that was about), anyway picked up the 1792FP that I hadn’t seen offered at any point, they had 2 bottles of Willet Pot Still that I passed on (for now) at $56.99 each. It’s rare here as well. Need to take her shopping more often. :) 

B7E6D143-A690-49EE-9948-D0F354388E08.jpeg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, hollywood said:

Took my gal shopping about 30 minutes north of here.. ABC store conveniently located in the same strip. ;) They have a little better/greater selection then some others here as well.. They had a shelf to the side decorated with some Christmas garland that caught my eye (not sure what that was about), anyway picked up the 1792FP that I hadn’t seen offered at any point, they had 2 bottles of Willet Pot Still that I passed on (for now) at $56.99 each. It’s rare here as well. Need to take her shopping more often. :) 

B7E6D143-A690-49EE-9948-D0F354388E08.jpeg

I would have passed on the Willett at that price too, and I have to go out of state to pick one up!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.