What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

I would have passed on the Willett at that price too, and I have to go out of state to pick one up!

As I’ve moaned about before, liquor is higher here but since the Willet isn’t readily seen I’m not sure what the going rate for the Pot Still is or elsewhere for that matter. $40-45??

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

As I’ve moaned about before, liquor is higher here but since the Willet isn’t readily seen I’m not sure what the going rate for the Pot Still is or elsewhere for that matter. $40-45??

I was actually a little let down on the pot still by itself, but when I used it in a mint julep it was on point.  I won’t be replacing that bottle once it’s empty with another 

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

Just me; but, I wouldn't pay over about $36 for WPS.    The bottle is attractive If you like that sort of arts presentation, of course); but it's pretty hard to find shelf space for the damned thing!   It's both wide & tall.   ...And the juice has never been that special for my taste buddies, anyway.

• I like it 4

Picked up bottle of Eagle Rare at the local Jewel as it’s getting harder to find lately. Always good to have a backup of one of my favorites. 

• I like it 1

Is Willet Pot Still Reserve worth a $60 price tag? I have an opportunity to snag a bottle but wanted some input.

A friend came across these in another state and delivered them to me yesterday.

1ABB8CF6-4094-4A0E-9A94-06FF193F5892.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 6/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, 0895 said:

I have great confidence in you and the Mrs.

?

Success. 

20190625_214501-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

2 pickups today. Canada Day long weekend is approaching fast. 101 came with a WT glass. Long time favourite.

I've never actually bought a bottle the EW Blk before but figured why not try it out. I like most other HH stuff. The WT 101 was $36.50(27 US) and the EW Blk was $25(19 US). 

IMG_2607.JPG

• I like it 5

Internet is down still from the storms so no pic but I just  completely lucked into an EHTBP for $100. Have one opened that i drove 3 hours for one way last year and never thought id get another.  

• I like it 7

15 minutes ago, BuzzedinBC said:

2 pickups today. Canada Day long weekend is approaching fast. 101 came with a WT glass. Long time favourite.

I've never actually bought a bottle the EW Blk before but figured why not try it out. I like most other HH stuff. The WT 101 was $36.50(27 US) and the EW Blk was $25(19 US). 

IMG_2607.JPG

It is really nice to see a pic of an EW Black, on here.  It is a solid whiskey that doesn’t get the respect it deserves, IMO.  

• I like it 5

16 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

It is really nice to see a pic of an EW Black, on here.  It is a solid whiskey that doesn’t get the respect it deserves, IMO.  

Sippin some straight right now and its better than I thought it would be. See how the rest of the bottle plays out. 

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Internet is down still from the storms so no pic but I just  completely lucked into an EHTBP for $100. Have one opened that i drove 3 hours for one way last year and never thought id get another.  

Huge fan of the Taylor Barrel Proof.  My first one of those I got around two years ago at that price and last time I saw it in that store the price had jumped to $250 and that was a pass.  Is this last year's 129.7 or is this a new one?

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Huge fan of the Taylor Barrel Proof.  My first one of those I got around two years ago at that price and last time I saw it in that store the price had jumped to $250 and that was a pass.  Is this last year's 129.7 or is this a new one?

It is the  129.7 from 2018.  Fairly certain I was the beneficiary of a pricing error on this one. 

• I like it 2

Even though I rarely enjoy finished whiskeys I had to try this one. If it doesn’t work for me I’ve got friends that might want it. ?

6A4DFA2E-B84F-4178-97A9-872A6E908460.thumb.jpeg.7957ed733575256b6981219e370c919c.jpeg

• I like it 7

Not purchased but gifts rather from my 40th this past weekend.
The Bulleit was from a buddy and might be what gets me started into cocktails. Bag is kinda cool. Another buddy gifted me a one ounce sample of ‘70s era ET. The vintage glass from my parents and the engraved cigar holder glass from the wife and kids.
IMG_2894.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

Even though I rarely enjoy finished whiskeys I had to try this one. If it doesn’t work for me I’ve got friends that might want it. ?

6A4DFA2E-B84F-4178-97A9-872A6E908460.thumb.jpeg.7957ed733575256b6981219e370c919c.jpeg

@FacePlant, I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask since that is my creation, but I'd really love to hear your thoughts about it. I've added a little more 20 year old bourbon to batches 11 through 14 than I did to your batch #10, but even so, I still added a fair amount in this one. I hope it wasn't too much that it made it overly oaky. 

Cheers,

Nancy

Edited by WhiskeyBlender
  • I like it 4

22 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Agreed wholeheartedly 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@FacePlant, I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask since that is my creation, but I'd really love to hear your thoughts about it. I've added a little more 20 year old bourbon to batches 11 through 14 than I did to your batch #10, but even so, I still added a fair amount in this one. I hope it wasn't too much that it made it overly oaky. 

Cheers,

Nancy

You’re on batch 14 already?

I better get caught up. 

Im still drinking my bottle of batch one.

Its fantastic, btw.   Nice work!

:)

• I like it 1

I bought these back in April. and a friend of mine picked them up from the distillery and dropped them off today.

20190627_113250.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.