What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

11 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Ask them to check inventory and they can have a bottle transferred from another store in their network.

Are they allowed to do that, now?  I thought I remembered that State Law prohibited that.  Of course, that goes back some years.  

Lawrenceburg. Of course. 

I refuse to accept the new WTKS bottle. 

FAD04817-9271-4AC5-BD5F-4100FEBD1F1F.jpeg

• I like it 6

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Are they allowed to do that, now?  I thought I remembered that State Law prohibited that.  Of course, that goes back some years.  

Hmmm I admit I have not done it. But my store, and I know and trust my GM, says they will but it has to be a Binnys in their nearby section. And not something allocated or limited. 

In CO and found a shelf full of WTKS PS from 2016.  Grabbed a couple, will be back in a month if it turns out to be great, so can pick up more...

I saw some non PS WTKS in the old bottle from a 2017 bottling today for $50 but passed.

Just now, hollywood said:

I’m digging the C3PO head! ;) 

It's a giant Pez dispenser that dispenses full packs of Pez and plays the Star Wars theme when you tip it's head back, he's buddies with the Big Chuck Brown (wearing a Mets hat) over to the left. 

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It's a giant Pez dispenser that dispenses full packs of Pez and plays the Star Wars theme when you tip it's head back, he's buddies with the Big Chuck Brown (wearing a Mets hat) over to the left. 

Too cool.. I noticed Big Charles there also. I was thinking that’s either the largest Pez dispenser I’d ever seen or those Dickel bottles were minis. Lol! :) 

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Too cool.. I noticed Big Charles there also. I was thinking that’s either the largest Pez dispenser I’d ever seen or those Dickel bottles were minis. Lol! :) 

I'm just a large child of somewhat advanced age

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Tried it yet? 

Not any time soon, but looking forward to it, I am very much in the pro-Dickel camp and wasn't smart enough to stockpile 14 year old store picks back when they were around so if it gets close to that territory I'll be more than happy. 

• I like it 1

46 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm just a large child of somewhat advanced age

And you're the kid with the coolest toys!

I just want to go through the vinyl.

:)

Just now, 0895 said:

And you're the kid with the coolest toys!

I just want to go through the vinyl.

:)

Well if you ever find yourself in the area your more than welcome to come by for a few spins and a few pours

• I like it 1

Picked up a couple more bottles for the stash. Now I just need to stop giving them to family members!

C7FAC041-7D92-44B7-8EB2-81E9A28BE736.jpeg

Edited by Radioyada
  • I like it 4

5 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Picked up a couple more bottles for the stash. Now I just need to stop giving them to family members!

Now why would you want to do that cous’?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 7/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, smokinjoe said:

Went to pick up a bottle of Beam this morning in a show of support for them after their fire.  I then noticed the 1792 Single Barrel, so felt compelled to get it too, as a show of support for Barton from their rickhouse collapse.  And then, I saw the Four Roses Yellow Label, and figured if I bought it now, that might reverse Karma things, and prevent something bad from happening there...  If this works for 24 hours, I’ll go back and get a BT, Maker’s, Rittenhouse, Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester, Dickel, and Daniel’s tomorrow.  I feel I owe it to them...  :D

B5A1B02E-736B-413B-90DA-EE09EAB41BB2.jpeg

My Crusade to safeguard the industry continued today, with another reverse-Karma insurance policy purchase.  This time Maker’s Mark is spared a calamity with me bringing home this 46.  :D  

AE93C591-3594-410F-A344-0805F3BD2A08.jpeg

• I like it 3

53 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

My Crusade to safeguard the industry continued today, with another reverse-Karma insurance policy purchase.  This time Maker’s Mark is spared a calamity with me bringing home this 46.  :D  

smokincrusaderjoe, your unselfish safeguarding of the American whiskey industry by buying their products is truly commendable! What an inspiration you are to all of us.

One question.......when do you start saving the craft distilleries?  :P

• I like it 1

48 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

smokincrusaderjoe, your unselfish safeguarding of the American whiskey industry by buying their products is truly commendable! What an inspiration you are to all of us.

One question.......when do you start saving the craft distilleries?  :P

Thank you...Thank you very much...

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

AE93C591-3594-410F-A344-0805F3BD2A08.jpeg

Love your back yard pics. 

On 7/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, smokinjoe said:

Went to pick up a bottle of Beam this morning in a show of support for them after their fire.  I then noticed the 1792 Single Barrel, so felt compelled to get it too, as a show of support for Barton from their rickhouse collapse.  And then, I saw the Four Roses Yellow Label, and figured if I bought it now, that might reverse Karma things, and prevent something bad from happening there...  If this works for 24 hours, I’ll go back and get a BT, Maker’s, Rittenhouse, Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester, Dickel, and Daniel’s tomorrow.  I feel I owe it to them...  :D

B5A1B02E-736B-413B-90DA-EE09EAB41BB2.jpeg

Mayhem, you just keep movin’ on past Wild Turkey.  This policy is comprehensive.  :D

E7983088-7B7A-444C-9A67-7C3F1AADCA5A.jpeg

• I like it 4

41 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Mayhem, you just keep movin’ on past Wild Turkey.  This policy is comprehensive.  :D

E7983088-7B7A-444C-9A67-7C3F1AADCA5A.jpeg

The 116.8 is so good. I’m without it right now and that needs rectifying. 

• I like it 2

Just now, CUfan99 said:

The 116.8 is so good. I’m without it right now and that needs rectifying. 

This bottle is big on floral notes on the nose and cherry cola. Over the palate.  It’s very good.  Yep, you need to get to the Monger!!  

• I like it 1

Picked these up yesterday. The Michters was more than the other two combined so it’s got some lofty expectations. Excited to try that vs the last few pours of the BP Rye I have. 

I know Michters has been viewed negatively for Not being very forthcoming information wise, but do not really know details. Can anyone fill me in?

8A1A7147-97A7-4057-909A-1DBFE049AA9D.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Forgot picture!
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.