What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, jwperry said:

Texas hunt, vacation bourbons (and a rum!). Store picks on the right, stuff I can't find in FL on the left.

2 bottles didn't make the trip, crushed in transit. Now I have to figure out how to get whiskey smell out of a suitcase...IMG_20190803_005000750.jpg

Awesome haul!  Bummer on the two bottles that didn't make it.

• I like it 1

19 minutes ago, silverc said:

Picked up some more of these at VA ABC for $15.99 each, while they are still available. This is my all-time favorite budget bourbon.

IMG_7337.JPG

I have never seen this but always assumed it was the same as OE 7/101.   I notice the label indicates it is 'Bottled by Meadowlawn Distilling" in Bardstown, KY.  Any idea where it is actually distilled?

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have never seen this but always assumed it was the same as OE 7/101.   I notice the label indicates it is 'Bottled by Meadowlawn Distilling" in Bardstown, KY.  Any idea where it is actually distilled?

It's Heaven Hill, so it's basically the same thing as the discontinued OE 7/101, except it was cheaper, $13-16 vs. $20-25.  Virgin Bourbon has limited distribution, mostly in NC, but also in VA sometimes and some other states like AL. It's been replaced with a NAS/101 proof version, but there are still a lot of age stated ones available for now.

• I like it 2

It's Heaven Hill, so it's basically the same thing as the discontinued OE 7/101, except it was cheaper, $13-16 vs. $20-25.  Virgin Bourbon has limited distribution, mostly in NC, but also in VA sometimes and some other states like AL. It's been replaced with a NAS/101 proof version, but there are still a lot of age stated ones available for now.

It’s been in Alabama for a long time, and started showing up in a few stores in Mississippi about a year ago.

17 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Interesting about the barrels, I assumed they couldn’t calm it Bourbon as it was blend of bourbon from two different states.

No, it's because bourbon has to be aged in new, charred oak barrels.  The Tennessee whisky in the blend was aged in re-used barrels, hence the designation as American Whiskey. 

• I like it 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, silverc said:

That's the first time I've seen the Boone County Small Batch. Is this their own distillate? Is it meant to replace the 1833 MGP small batched stuff that used to be available?

My understanding is that it is a blend of 5-14 year sourced bourbon

Their bourbon will be a 2020 release,

11 hours ago, silverc said:

Picked up some more of these at VA ABC for $15.99 each, while they are still available. This is my all-time favorite budget bourbon.

IMG_7337.JPG

I picked up a couple myself here in AL.. Good news is that I’m still seeing only AS versions only. 

No earth-shattering pick ups here over the weekend.. but I found these at decent values and I’m a sucker for BIB’s and BP and cask strength offerings.. Not many rye’s in my stash so the Saz rye found a new home as well.. 

2A9C620C-474B-40B4-9D1C-307ACEEFAB99.jpeg

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, silverc said:

IMG_7337.JPG

This is, unfortunately, the last hurrah for the last GOOD super low-budget bourbon out there, still under $15 OTD here in NC, but disappearing quickly. Amazing value and surprises anyone in a blind tasting. I can't imagine HH is making anything off of this so, logically, it gets cut...

Edited by DeltaAlphaVictorEasy
  • I like it 1

IMG_0001.thumb.jpg.d96592375cbac65dc703c7f7f0887ed6.jpg

Picked these up from a local micro distillery about 5 miles from the house. They make some excellent whiskey. Their gins are fantastic too, especially their barrel rested. It’s all done in small barrels so it’s young. We also have the Henneberry distillery about 4 miles from the house but their flagship is a flavored concoction that reminds me of cough syrup from when I was a kid in the 70’s.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Was a good day 

y4m-kGvmq0xeDHuHpuRAk2avYQ0IuuHj-9T6MVy7

I'd wager to say it was a VERY, VERY good day.

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Was a good day 

That is a great day! I have been looking for CEHT Barrel Proof for 2 years now. Congrats on the nice scores.

• I like it 1

Got my first ETL... Ever. $60 so not cheap. But couldn't pass it up. 

• I like it 3

Picked these up yesterday in Knoxville. Two different batches of Belle Meade Reserve for $54 each, EWSB 2011 for $27, Oregon Spirit BIB for $65, Taconic Barrel Proof for $58, Cumberland Cask Vanilla Bean for $82, and a Dartigalongue Armagnac from 1992 for $90. I was hoping to find some more 4R PS or KCSB picks (not that I need any), but didn't see anything available. 

IMG_7549.JPG

Edited by silverc
  • I like it 2

My dysfunctional relationship with VA ABC continued today.  We are very much back in love.

IMG_1337.jpg

• I like it 13

29 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

My dysfunctional relationship with VA ABC continued today.  We are very much back in love.

IMG_1337.jpg

Nice. Very good one to get ahold of

Haven't bought much this year, but ran into this and thought I'd grab one since I've never come across one before.

IMG_20190809_075449.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Bourserker said:

Haven't bought much this year, but ran into this and thought I'd grab one since I've never come across one before.

IMG_20190809_075449.jpg

I think you'll like it.  My first bottle was good, but the second bottle is amazing.

11 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

IMG_1337.jpg

Is this the new batch? Really concerned these are gonna come and go while I am on vacation next week. 

18 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I think you'll like it.  My first bottle was good, but the second bottle is amazing.

I opened it last night, and my initial thoughts were "meh".  But by the end of the glass it was growing on me.  So we'll see how it goes when I have some future pours.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, kevinbrink said:

Was a good day 

I really enjoy seeing these "out of season" Van Winkle or BTAC finds.  Very cool

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.