What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just found a Willett Family Estate 4 YO Rye sitting on shelf at what I assume is retail.  Have heard great things about it on site....could not pass on it.

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nice.  Which EHT BP is that one?

129.3 which afaik is the current 

I went looking for JTS Brown, struck out

Instead, I found my first Early Times BIB,and a JW Dant came home with me. ? 

• I like it 7

Yesterday was a good day. Set out solo via walking & a couple trains & visited Yamazaki Distillery (fam wasnt interested so by myself). Afterward did some hunting around Kobe & got these. Passed on an OE15 for $110 - should I go back?

Also saw a squat bottle RVW15, Old Rip 12, WT12, WT Kentucky Legend but pricey.

20190810_111629.jpg

• I like it 16

12 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Man, you're living the life.

Have you looked into any of the Japan only Four Roses products?

ive seen the black label, & the Premium. Premium runs around $55, sum say the value is iffy. plus i have limited luggage space!

Didn't happen today, but was up in Stowe, VT on vacation this past week, picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare for 29.99 in the local store for some pours.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Yesterday was a good day. Set out solo via walking & a couple trains & visited Yamazaki Distillery (fam wasnt interested so by myself). Afterward did some hunting around Kobe & got these. Passed on an OE15 for $110 - should I go back?

20190810_111629.jpg

101 proof Ezra 12 sign me up didn't realize they still had that over there after the label change. WT 13 is an underrated pour, I will go against the grain and say I like the open bottle of 13 I have more than the open 12 101. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Man, you're living the life.

Have you looked into any of the Japan only Four Roses products?

Just found a honey hole. Anyone familiar with Sam Clay 12 or Kentucky Deluxe 12? Looks like HH...

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Just found a honey hole. Anyone familiar with Sam Clay 12 or Kentucky Deluxe 12? Looks like HH...

Both have been HH for some time, 80 proof?

9 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20190810_111629.jpg

If you ever do a sbs of the EW and the EB I would love to hear your thoughts on them. Both are large batched HH distillate I suppose. 

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

ive seen the black label, & the Premium. Premium runs around $55, sum say the value is iffy. plus i have limited luggage space!

You could always buy more luggage.   ?

Through the efforts of a good friend, obtained the last 2 bottles of Old Ezra 101 7 yr in Oregon (Burns, pop. 2,806).  In my opinion, one of the tastier value pours out there...

Edited by mwmac

Revisited a local LS and they had a bunch of these at MSRP ($60), so thought I give it a try... EC BP A119.

6CB9769F-363B-4695-8FBD-21B472B21A3A.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 8/9/2019 at 9:30 AM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Is this the new batch? Really concerned these are gonna come and go while I am on vacation next week. 

Yeah. It’s the 2019 batch, 129.3 proof

14 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20190810_111629.jpg

Nice picks! Never had but heard great things on the OE15

After all my bitc....errr... complaining last weekend about Ohio my daughter was able to come thru on a couple OWA. She visited 7 stores last Sunday that all showed it in stock online and called 5 other stores. The one store that did have a couple held them for her. That particular store was one that actually showed it was OUT of stock on the Ohio state liquor website. I'm not putting as much faith in their accuracy as much as others seem to think it is. The OWA is now up to $40 in Ohio but I think its $50 everywhere else now. A local (St. Louis area) store had a mini lottery today.  

Weller 12 Year 750ml (6 btl, $49.99)
Weller Antique 107 750ml (6 btl, $64.99) :blink:

The ET BIB was a Kroger pick up for $25.

20190810_155621-784x1613.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 3

22 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20190810_111629.jpg

Having never been to japan I have always envisioned it as a mecca for unique bottles not available in the U.S.  it looks like you have had some success already. Good luck as the hunt continues. 

I've been waiting on this one for a while. It was picked in April, and just arrived at the store. The clerk at the counter told me I was the first customer to buy a bottle from this barrel! Nice price too. $61.99.

Biba! Joe

m41.jpeg

m42.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 6/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, Jazzhead said:

One of the better spots on the east coast for finding good bourbon is Elkton,   Maryland.     There's the venerable State Line Liquors near the Delaware line,   but don't forget to go into Elkton itself where there's two excellent stores.     I passed through Elkton yesterday,  and picked up the following:

1.   Jim Beam Distiller's Cut (just $20.99!)

2.    Murray Hill Club blended bourbon  ($85.  and very much worth the price. )   A luxuriant take on well-aged MGP juice, expertly blended

3.    Elijah Craig store pick single barrel  ($29.99)   About nine years old,   94 proof.    Solid pour.

4.    Belle Meade Medeira cask finish.   ($61.99)   This one's going in the bunker,  but it looks interesting  -  MGP juice with a twist.   

5.   Wilderness Trail  BIB  (wheated bourbon recipe)   ($49.99)     I'd never seen this distillery's products before,  but was impressed that their first release is a BIB.   

@Jazzhead, that's a fantastic price for the Murray Hill Club blended bourbon. What batch did you get? I've modified the recipe somewhat to include more 13 and 20 year old bourbon and a bit less of the 10 year old light whiskey as of late. Would love to get your feedback on it. 

Cheers,

Nancy

On 7/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, smokinjoe said:

Went to pick up a bottle of Beam this morning in a show of support for them after their fire.  I then noticed the 1792 Single Barrel, so felt compelled to get it too, as a show of support for Barton from their rickhouse collapse.  And then, I saw the Four Roses Yellow Label, and figured if I bought it now, that might reverse Karma things, and prevent something bad from happening there...  If this works for 24 hours, I’ll go back and get a BT, Maker’s, Rittenhouse, Kentucky Spirit, Old Forester, Dickel, and Daniel’s tomorrow.  I feel I owe it to them...  :D

B5A1B02E-736B-413B-90DA-EE09EAB41BB2.jpeg

With my pick up of an ER yesterday, Buffalo Trace is now safe.  So, you can stop calling me, Kris Comstock!!!!  And BTW, offering me free Pappy and BTAC wouldn’t have counted anyways!!  

Looking at that fill level, it seems I like this Bottle...  :D

7B50DB78-70DA-405A-91F4-602FDED698F2.jpeg

• I like it 2

I was at a Duty Free store, in Niagara Falls, hunting for some "Canada only" whiskey.

I've never seen this before and was intrigued enough to snag it. It was reasonably priced,  ~ $45.00 USD, for a liter bottle.

20190810_215013.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.