What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

58 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I too have had the super hot OWA pick experience.

It's definitely not a slam dunk.

So far I've only had one OWA pick that I thought was hot and inferior to the regular. I've had quite a few stellar ones. I have one bottle left of a pick that is in my top 5 to 10 bottles of all time.  Hope it's as good as its brother bottle..and as good as I remember.

Made it back from a trip to Central New York last night. Picked these up while I was there from a hole-in-the-wall store I love. Glad to have another OE 7 BS, and am pretty excited to try the McKenzie, an un-chillfiltered, wheated BIB.

IMG_1929.jpg

• I like it 2

53 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Made it back from a trip to Central New York last night. Picked these up while I was there from a hole-in-the-wall store I love. Glad to have another OE 7 BS, and am pretty excited to try the McKenzie, an un-chillfiltered, wheated BIB.

IMG_1929.jpg

I picked the McKenzie BIB up as well, have yet to crack it, looking forward to it though

• I like it 1

I picked up two fabulous store picks this weekend: Weller Antique 107 and a Knob Creek Rye. Both are as good as it gets. 

A3C556B0-FDC6-4087-AC42-216180762383.jpeg

• I like it 2

IMG_1929.thumb.jpg.6ca0695d15cfdfc764963c2b8aae3443.jpg

I picked the McKenzie BIB up as well, have yet to crack it, looking forward to it though

Get busy cracking, inquiring minds want to know. Also interested in there rye. These guys for a craft outfit have been around for a while and I don’t believe did any NDP stuff.
  • I like it 2

54 minutes ago, graftonbc1 said:

I picked up two fabulous store picks this weekend: Weller Antique 107 and a Knob Creek Rye. Both are as good as it gets. 

Did Weller Antique go cork now like the CYPB?

• I like it 1

On 8/25/2019 at 12:09 PM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

The spoils of our states “Limited Release Sweepstakes” yesterday in Montgomery. 

A5205D07-4C96-4439-9079-CD374679AA72.jpeg

Enjoyed meeting you in line!  Congrats!  Posted a pic of my haul in the thread on the premium board.  I really enjoyed the event.  My 2 hobbies are whiskey and music on vinyl and other media for my stereo system.  This event reminded me of Record Store Day.  It was great for those of us who live in the sticks and don't get out much.

56 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Did Weller Antique go cork now like the CYPB?

Yes. The Weller has a cork now. 

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, dean_martin said:

Enjoyed meeting you in line!  Congrats!  Posted a pic of my haul in the thread on the premium board.  I really enjoyed the event.  My 2 hobbies are whiskey and music on vinyl and other media for my stereo system.  This event reminded me of Record Store Day.  It was great for those of us who live in the sticks and don't get out much.

Deano, thanks for rubbing it in. LOL! I didn’t “make the team” and only invited to “walk on”. :( Maybe I’ll get drafted next time. In all seriousness, I passed along well wishes to Beezy already congrats to you as well! ;) 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

I see you passed on the Blantons and Eagle Rare. :P

12 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Deano, thanks for rubbing it in. LOL! I didn’t “make the team” and only invited to “walk on”. :( Maybe I’ll get drafted next time. In all seriousness, I passed along well wishes to Beezy already congrats to you as well! ;) 

Thanks, hollywood.  We were informed that the sweepstakes program will be used again in November at multiple stores for Van Winkle releases!  Keep an eye out.  

22 minutes ago, dean_martin said:

Thanks, hollywood.  We were informed that the sweepstakes program will be used again in November at multiple stores for Van Winkle releases!  Keep an eye out.  

You’re welcome! Do you know if a re-applying or an additional register is required for further sweepstakes entry??

My impression is there will be another drawing with new online entry forms.  I think they realized the potential liability in just announcing a store and date for limited releases and letting people camp out.  I heard that a stampede occurred at one store which caused a crowd to push into the front of the store breaking a glass door.  So, my guess is that the sweepstakes (can't call it a lottery in AL-ha!) format will be used from now on.  Look for articles on AL.com and on ABC's website in Nov.

Edited by dean_martin

39 minutes ago, dean_martin said:

My impression is there will be another drawing with new online entry forms.  I think they realized the potential liability in just announcing a store and date for limited releases and letting people camp out.  I heard that a stampede occurred at one store which caused a crowd to push into the front of the store breaking a glass door.  So, my guess is that the sweepstakes (can't call it a lottery in AL-ha!) format will be used from now on.  Look for articles on AL.com and on ABC's website in Nov.

You’re the man... thanks for the info and heads up! ;) 

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I see you passed on the Blantons and Eagle Rare. :P

I did. I don’t like to spend what they were asking without having tasted it first. I tasted the Weller previously and it was a rock star. I tasted the KC Rye on Saturday and had to have it. 

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, graftonbc1 said:

I did. I don’t like to spend what they were asking without having tasted it first. I tasted the Weller previously and it was a rock star. I tasted the KC Rye on Saturday and had to have it. 

Did you try the Sagamore Rye?

55 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

I have had that several times before. It’s a nice pour. 

4 hours ago, dean_martin said:

Nice meeting you as well!  It was very well ran.  Nice for the ABC higher ups to be there as well.  They were all really great with the crowd & seemed to be good people.  I know that this was a test run for “Pappy Day” & I think it went off without a hitch.  Heard 7 stores within the state will be participating.  If I was to take a guess...  1 in Mobile, 2 in Montgomery, 2-3 in B’ham, & 1-2 in Huntsville.  

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

I have had that several times before. It’s a nice pour. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

Why do you think they raised the price! Cork is getting expensive these days.

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

In that pic the OWA and W12 still looked like the metal twistie?

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

In that pic the OWA and W12 still looked like the metal twistie?

I don’t know about the W12, but the OWA I picked up is a cork. 

3 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

I don’t know about the W12, but the OWA I picked up is a cork. 

Interestingly, the quite recent barrel selected version of OWA that I just opened a couple days ago is the metal screw cap; NOT a cork!   And, it's BRAND-Damned NEW!   

Inconsistency reigns!    Maybe the private picks run through a different bottling line?  I bet that's it.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.