What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was fun and a bargain at $20. Need to revisit but didn’t care for Bernheim. Rittenhouse was my favorite.

IMG_7874.thumb.jpg.69b341fa49baac4d3f0a32953676c4ca.jpg

• I like it 3

43 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

This was fun and a bargain at $20. Need to revisit but didn’t care for Bernheim. Rittenhouse was my favorite.

IMG_7874.thumb.jpg.69b341fa49baac4d3f0a32953676c4ca.jpg

Yeah..these are still $40+ here. A good idea but over priced. I'd have jumped on $20.

• I like it 2

Yeah..these are still $40+ here. A good idea but over priced. I'd have jumped on $20.

Yeah I think I’ll go back for more if there available next week.

I think I’m more excited about the free EC socks to be honest

F6DFA7A0-E852-44AE-84A8-7571DD2CA047.thumb.jpeg.968a4c22dfb82a8bc201f1c292b613f1.jpeg

No joke I want the jokes more than the bourbon.

56 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Got a good deal on Bookers today.  Fairly large cache of 2015-03, “center cut”.

Awesome!  Amazing to find that.  Hope it's not priced at secondary.  That's reported to be one of the best of the named batches.  Sadly, I've never had the opportunity to try it.  2015-01 "Big Man, Small Batch" was  the best of the named batches I've had. 

5 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Awesome!  Amazing to find that.  Hope it's not priced at secondary.  That's reported to be one of the best of the named batches.  Sadly, I've never had the opportunity to try it.  2015-01 "Big Man, Small Batch" was  the best of the named batches I've had. 

66 each including tax.  I found only one center cut last year and it was closer to$80.  I got real lucky today .

17 minutes ago, AndyD said:

66 each including tax.  I found only one center cut last year and it was closer to$80.  I got real lucky today .

You're lucky.  Center Cut is a sought after batch.  So jelly. But, I've had my moments like the time I found two dusty bottles of 2015-01.

I picked up 5 bottles of 7 year Virgin Bourbon, 2 bottles of WSR, an Elijah Craig B519, and a Stagg Jr yesterday.

• I like it 2

Wasn’t expecting much as everything around here is marked up beyond reason but scored a bottle of Weller Antique 107. 

Been a couple years since it’s popped up here and I enjoyed it a great deal.

Been nursing my bottle of Henry McKenna 10 since it became the new Blanton's, so it was nice to run into one at $35.00.

IMG_2625.thumb.jpg.3623f230048f4715c01ed6d1e122928f.jpg

• I like it 4

Been nursing my bottle of Henry McKenna 10 since it became the new Blanton's, so it was nice to run into one at $35.00.

IMG_2625.thumb.jpg.3623f230048f4715c01ed6d1e122928f.jpg

I’ve got quite a few bottles of Henry McKenna 10, and I still owe you from the last time we met, so the next time I’m in your area, I’ll try to repay the favor!

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I've heard good things about the Booker's 2019-03 "Country Ham" but it doesn't seem to have made it to the West Coast yet.  Reviews I've seen/read say it's the best so far of the 2019 batches. 

This one is getting bunkered. Almost done with the first bottle. I’ll be tucking several of these away. 

3E39D413-D0F7-4062-BCC5-730693D4D6AE.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 8/31/2019 at 10:49 PM, AndyD said:

Got a good deal on Bookers today.  Fairly large cache of 2015-03, “center cut”.

Ain’t too proud to beg!

• I like it 2

Went for a drive yesterday. South first, then west. Looked at a lot of stuff, but didn’t find anything for the house or yard. Of course we stopped at a few liquor stores along the way. Passed on everything till we got to Fulton Illinois. Stopped in to say hi to Brad at Eagle River Liquors, and bought........................yet another Weller SR. What can I say? ;)

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Ain’t too proud to beg!

Store is also sitting on 3 cases of maw maw and it might last the week.

15 hours ago, fosmith said:

I've heard good things about the Booker's 2019-03 "Country Ham" but it doesn't seem to have made it to the West Coast yet.  Reviews I've seen/read say it's the best so far of the 2019 batches. 

I find Booker's to be rather consistent batch to batch-- like comparing a Honda Accord built on Tuesday to one built on Thursday.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I’ve got quite a few bottles of Henry McKenna 10, and I still owe you from the last time we met, so the next time I’m in your area, I’ll try to repay the favor!

Thanks Jeff, but given how long it took me to get through the last bottle, I'm good for at least another three years. Bourbon has a lot of competition around here.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Cashed in the Whiskey Quarter jar.  Changed it into Whishey, of course!

Now where did I put my BMW jar???

0825191239.jpg

0902191739.jpg

There’s alchemy for you.  Turning silver into whiskey!

• I like it 2

I find Booker's to be rather consistent batch to batch-- like comparing a Honda Accord built on Tuesday to one built on Thursday.

Same. Beam’s batch naming is cute and all but I find to be just marketing.
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Totally agree.  I've never had a Booker's I didn't like.  But the flavor profile can and does vary from batch to batch (just like with Sjr. and ECBP) and it's interesting to explore those differences.  That's what makes me want to try them all.  But there's no reason to stock up on any single batch since there's always another good one down the road...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.