What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There was just one bottle of ECBP B519 hiding in plain sight next to his 94 proof brothers at TW today. It was a no brainer as I had a $25 rewards coupon to cash in. Uncorked it immediately when I got home and set up a blind with a StaggJR. Will post in the drinking thread.

ECBP B519.jpg

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Went for a drive yesterday. South first, then west. Looked at a lot of stuff, but didn’t find anything for the house or yard. Of course we stopped at a few liquor stores along the way. Passed on everything till we got to Fulton Illinois. Stopped in to say hi to Brad at Eagle River Liquors, and bought........................yet another Weller SR. What can I say? ;)

Biba! Joe

Fulton IL - that's where the rye is grown for Cody Rye from Mississippi River Distillery. Had a barrel pick of it years ago...lotsa spiced tangerine notes!

2 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Fulton IL - that's where the rye is grown for Cody Rye from Mississippi River Distillery. Had a barrel pick of it years ago...lotsa spiced tangerine notes!

Yep.

There is a actual working windmill in Fulton. Once upon a time, they used to grind the grain used in products from Cody Road. Not sure what happened, but that is no longer the case. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Totally agree.  I've never had a Booker's I didn't like.  But the flavor profile can and does vary from batch to batch (just like with Sjr. and ECBP) and it's interesting to explore those differences.  That's what makes me want to try them all.  But there's no reason to stock up on any single batch since there's always another good one down the road...

Only reason to stock up is a good price, Booker's has been my favorite regularly available bourbon for a very long time and when the price hike was anounced I bought a case of 2014-7 for $45 a pop, think I have three left. A little over a year ago I found a store with one of the named batches (Dot's batch I think?) for $55 and I bought the three bottles they had. At this point I have enough Booker's to last the rest of my life I think, but I can't say I wouldn't buy a bottle if I found a good deal....

Edited by kevinbrink

Picked up a couple favorites...a WTKS PS and a BT PS

Have a regular WTKS open, so good excuse for a SBS.

1D96F0E9-A348-4BFE-8F0D-9A03C0EE25EC.jpeg

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, foster016 said:

Ended up going with EW White Label from Binnys.  Nothing else caught my eye.

This is one of my favorites!

I guess you can say I had a “Taylor” made kind of day.  Was excited to get the notice earlier today that something was waiting on me to pick it up. The BP was a surprise I was not expecting   

9F50F5E7-8E23-4A51-9EF2-09C6C28F97AE.jpeg

• I like it 14

30 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

Added a new RRSiB Binny’s pick yesterday. Looking forward to trying this one soon. 

59C50EC7-7398-4B52-9988-D879457D6E1F.jpeg

Let me know how it is!  I had it in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, foster016 said:

Let me know how it is!  I had it in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger.

The same barrel? I think they had 4 different ones to choose from. The tasting notes on this barrel #35 seemed right up my alley. 

Not me, but a coworker picked up a Rock Hill Farms yesterday for $100. He was excited to find it for that price and jumped at it  :huh:

He said it was the same price he paid for one last year and they are the only two times he has ever seen it.

Bought a couple store picks at my Local. Can’t wait to try the eagle rare as the people were talking it up. $39.99 and $64.99 for the bottle and big bottle. A little more in price but it goes to our local vet center. I’m keeping the big boy but giving the other bottle to a fellow vet. Cheers!

44AA0F8B-12A1-4376-A487-F710B671DE3E.jpeg

• I like it 8

19 hours ago, Radioyada said:

I guess you can say I had a “Taylor” made kind of day.  Was excited to get the notice earlier today that something was waiting on me to pick it up. The BP was a surprise I was not expecting   

Amaranth and BP! Gotta admit I am a bit jealous.

• I like it 3

14 hours ago, JSpartan said:

The same barrel? I think they had 4 different ones to choose from. The tasting notes on this barrel #35 seemed right up my alley. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.  Just saw 3 different ones.  I have a $10 off coupon that is only good for tomorrow so may go pull the trigger then.

42 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I'd like to hear your thoughts as well.  Just saw 3 different ones.  I have a $10 off coupon that is only good for tomorrow so may go pull the trigger then.

I'm thinking of using the coupon for the same thing tomorrow.  I didn't know they had 4 different barrels.  I stopped into the Lakeview location and they only had one of them on the shelf.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Very Nice!  About time we are starting to see these bottles hit!  

45 minutes ago, foster016 said:

Decided to grab ECBP (Batch B519) for $65.  Working on a few other bottles before opening it up.

Was this also from Binny's?  I hope not as the last one I got from them (also B519) was $55 and it would be annoying if they raised the price!

2 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Was this also from Binny's?  I hope not as the last one I got from them (also B519) was $55 and it would be annoying if they raised the price!

Nope, not from Binny's.  Actually grabbed it at a liquor store in the South Loop.

4 hours ago, Adam777 said:

Bought a couple store picks at my Local. Can’t wait to try the eagle rare as the people were talking it up. $39.99 and $64.99 for the bottle and big bottle. A little more in price but it goes to our local vet center. I’m keeping the big boy but giving the other bottle to a fellow vet. Cheers!

44AA0F8B-12A1-4376-A487-F710B671DE3E.jpeg

I’ll be driving through the area on my way back to the MSU football game next weekend. Will these picks be gone by then? Eagle Rare picks are some of my favorites and that is very cool that it goes towards a good cause.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.