What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, foster016 said:

I'm thinking of using the coupon for the same thing tomorrow.  I didn't know they had 4 different barrels.  I stopped into the Lakeview location and they only had one of them on the shelf.

Six different barrels actually (all available at LP as of this evening) plus three WTKS picks too...

1 hour ago, fanostra said:

Six different barrels actually (all available at LP as of this evening) plus three WTKS picks too...

yep. i picked up one of the KS pics last week, but havent opened it. didnt do the RR because i still havent opened my bottle of antioch's RR Creampie Pic.

I have a friend that's a Blanton's fan, so I got that for him. The other 2 are for me. The 4RYL handle is now in the freezer, getting ready for an afternoon full of college football. 

20190907_101349.jpg

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I have a friend that's a Blanton's fan, so I got that for him. The other 2 are for me. The 4RYL handle is now in the freezer, getting ready for an afternoon full of college football. 

20190907_101349.jpg

I'd be excited to "see" a Blantons locally. ?  I've tried the Rare Eagle and the Four Roses though,

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

I like the flowers with the Bourbon purchase - NICE MOVE!

It's ALWAYS easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

On 9/6/2019 at 7:05 PM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

Good week for me anyway. 

94B653EC-20B2-46C5-B25B-E9E2D034DC4D.jpeg

Dang Beezy, you go! :)  Nice.. Ummm.. you didn’t pick up that CEHT BP local did you??

• I like it 1

spacer.png

Don't know how to date the KC9  pint but it is fantastic. I don't know if its that good or if it just brings back memories. Was one of my first pours long ago. Have always liked the young Minor Case Rye and thought Id grab one of the discontinued bottles. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, hollywood said:

Dang Beezy, you go! :) Nice.. Ummm.. you didn’t pick up that CEHT BP local did you??

No, I picked it up in Mississippi.  I was talking to the owner & telling him about passing one up in Montgomery for a Weller 12 at the sweepstakes.  He hooked me up. 

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

spacer.png

Don't know how to date the KC9  pint but it is fantastic. I don't know if its that good or if it just brings back memories. Was one of my first pours long ago. Have always liked the young Minor Case Rye and thought Id grab one of the discontinued bottles. 

The Minor Case rye is fantastic - and the new painted bottle is even more attractive.    Big Fan!

My shopping season has begun.  Found HM10 = $37, CEHT SiB = $70, W12 Liter = $50.  That's @ 20% more than I've ever spent for these bottles. 

I'm happy to find my some of my favorites again.

Cheers

IMG_1605.jpg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

My shopping season has begun.  Found HM10 = $37, CEHT SiB = $70, W12 Liter = $50.  That's @ 20% more than I've ever spent for these bottles. 

I'm happy to find my some of my favorites again.

Cheers

IMG_1605.jpg

Here the HM10 is $50. The others are a bit on the high end but not high enough that I would pass on.  Good job.  I think you done well.

1 hour ago, ccleve23 said:

Just a couple things from my trip to Kentucky last week.

20190907_112509.jpg

Are they still doing the Evan William's 23 at the distillery?     

What is it running these days?

1 hour ago, skidfive said:

Are they still doing the Evan William's 23 at the distillery?     

What is it running these days?

Yep.  350 these days. 

I know this isn’t supposed to be anything special. I mean it’s 1792 for crying out loud. I haven’t like it since they dropped the 8 yr age statement. So where did this Barrel come from. It’s the absolute best bourbon I’ve had to date(my palate of course, your experience may be different). I’ve never bought a case of Bourbon before so you can be certain this one blew my mind(and at 125 proof it was hard to go to work the next day). It’s 7 and a half years old.  

916F581E-713C-46D4-8151-B7887EF6756F.jpeg

Edited by Limegoldconvertible68
Grammar error

3 hours ago, ccleve23 said:

Just a couple things from my trip to Kentucky last week.

IMO, the Elijah Craig hand grenades are a perfect example of why more distilleries should offer special bottles in smaller sizes to us bourbon geeks. There's no age statement on this whiskey and the price certainly isn't anything to brag about (especially for a NAS bourbon), but it's different, it's high proof, and the packaging is spectacular. I bought one last year and liked it enough to pick up a couple more this year while down for the Sampler. $29.99 for a 200ml bottle may seem a bit much, but it's a low enough price that it makes it accessible to most anyone who wants something unique.

• I like it 2

17 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

IMO, the Elijah Craig hand grenades are a perfect example of why more distilleries should offer special bottles in smaller sizes to us bourbon geeks. There's no age statement on this whiskey and the price certainly isn't anything to brag about (especially for a NAS bourbon), but it's different, it's high proof, and the packaging is spectacular. I bought one last year and liked it enough to pick up a couple more this year while down for the Sampler. $29.99 for a 200ml bottle may seem a bit much, but it's a low enough price that it makes it accessible to most anyone who wants something unique.

I agree. I wish they did more smaller bottles like this that had different whiskeys then you find elsewhere. Also the grenade is pretty tasty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.