What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

LEAVE MY OGD BIB ALONE!  THAT IS MINE!!!  I LIVE ON THAT SHELF DAMMIT!!  Squire and I don't need no competition.  Life is tough enough without interlopers laying their hands on our stuff!!

Just saying.  BTW, after you taste it, let me know what you think.B)  Couple years ago, Paddy actually used it as a VBT and talked about what a good mixer it was.  Truth be told, until I read that post, I'd NEVER mixed it with anything except the occasional ice cube but only on Summer mornings.:blink:

In other words, it is not half bad.:D

Haha!  This made me LOL!  It is quite abundant around here, and I don't think you have to worry!  I am a lightweight, when it comes to drinking.  You and Squire are safe, from me anyway!

For you OGD BIB fans,

check out your collection of odd corks.  You may want to find a replacement for the new OGD synthetic cork.  The new cork is so hard to remove.? Alternative, only push new cork in halfway down.

Same advice for Knob Creek.

• I like it 1

binnys released a whole bunch of KCSB pics this past week. two of the pics were barreled in 2004, so i grabbed one of each.

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

I picked up a few things in KY last week that I can’t get back home. 

CF140B46-FA59-4E3F-80D9-7D310C435DAC.thumb.jpeg.d2ce57922cf28f0c48b2b69db05f02ff.jpeg

I hav that same collection of EW bottles. All of them are great.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, flahute said:

I hav that same collection of EW bottles. All of them are great.

I find the EW Masters Blend to be an outstanding value too for the price.

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I find the EW Masters Blend to be an outstanding value too for the price.

Is the EW MB a KY only release?  I've never seen in here in Calif.  Odd that they would use the same color label as the BiB.  That could easily cause confusion...

16 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I picked up a few things in KY last week that I can’t get back home. 

CF140B46-FA59-4E3F-80D9-7D310C435DAC.thumb.jpeg.d2ce57922cf28f0c48b2b69db05f02ff.jpeg

Where in KY did you pick these up?

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

I always get my EW Masters Blend at the EW Experience on Main Street in Louisville.

Think all of the EW bottles pictured are only available there.  Except the 12 which is also obtainable in Japan. . .

Not purchased and not today, but last Friday a friend came over for a few beers.  Says he and the wife were cleaning out the liquor cabinet and found a few bottles they had received as gifts that they were never going to drink.  He didn't think I would be interested in them, but she insisted he bring them along.  The bourbon . . . none other than a few 4R Yellow label!  He was surprised at my delight and they went right into the garage freezer.  It was a great surprise!

• I like it 3

There must have been a BT shipment to Ohio...  I found some EH Taylor Small Batch at the local Krogers.  They had 2 left along with a single ER10.  There were about 6 bottles of BT on the shelf along with some Weller Special Reserve.  

I only bought the EH Taylor, as it seems to be a little more difficult to get here in Ohio (from what I have seen in my first couple months of bourbon drinking :) ).  I'll be tasting it in another couple of days!  BT has been a little more available lately, and I already have a bottle of ER10.

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, 0895 said:

Just open that thing and enjoy it already.  :P

You happy now? :P. For the record this stuff is really good.  Reminds me a lot of PHC 11.

20190918_192902-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 6

54 minutes ago, Clueby said:

You happy now? :P. For the record this stuff is really good.  Reminds me a lot of PHC 11.

20190918_192902-784x1613.jpg

Glad you’re enjoying it. 

I actually got a special delivery at work today, from a coworker who just got back from KY.   (Yeah, I actually asked them to grab me one and paid for it). 

This stuff is so darn good. 

C701A2D4-E782-4184-84C5-21DC1AE8EB7B.jpeg

23 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Glad you’re enjoying it. 

I actually got a special delivery at work today, from a coworker who just got back from KY.   (Yeah, I actually asked them to grab me one and paid for it). 

This stuff is so darn good. 

The nose is fantastic. The longer it sat there I could start to smell it from across the room. Its close to the most expensive bottle of bourbon I've ever purchased.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.