What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

B519. Intrigued by low (by ecbp standards) proof. 

Grabbed one myself today. Central IL for 54.99.
  • I like it 1

And another thing.....:huh: Regular shopping today. My wife and I were on the way home from our grandsons belated birthday party, and we stopped at a store we don't go to all that often. My wife was getting ready to go one way to check out something when she looked at me and asked if I was gonna go check out the booze. I reckon we all know the answer to that. ;)  BT was on sale for $21.99. As with the ER10 yesterday, I couldn't resist at that price, and grabbed the next to last bottle on the shelf.

Biba! Joe

trace.jpeg

• I like it 3

Stopped at New Riff yesterday to pick up a couple bottles of single barrel rye. Of course,  I had to go into TPS. Left there with a couple family sized bottles of T. W. Samuels for $20.99 ea.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And another thing.....:huh: Regular shopping today. My wife and I were on the way home from our grandsons belated birthday party, and we stopped at a store we don't go to all that often. My wife was getting ready to go one way to check out something when she looked at me and asked if I was gonna go check out the booze. I reckon we all know the answer to that. ;)  BT was on sale for $21.99. As with the ER10 yesterday, I couldn't resist at that price, and grabbed the next to last bottle on the shelf.

Biba! Joe

The wife came home from shopping today with HER bottle of BT.  I might sneak a pour or three.  Finishing off some ECBP now.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

BT was on sale for $21.99. As with the ER10 yesterday, I couldn't resist at that price, and grabbed the next to last bottle on the shelf.

I find it interesting that for all the price increases we've been seeing for most whiskies, along with the grief many people here give Buffalo Trace, the price on their name sake bourbon is the same or a little less than it was when I first started buying it 10 years ago. 

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, macdad said:

Found some ER10 nearby yesterday.  Seems to be difficult to find in my neck of the woods.  I had a pour last night.  It was OK.  Not gonna lie, I am currently enjoying the WT101 more.  My palate is not very refined, though.

Sounds like your palate is just fine to me 

• I like it 4

At Kroger Wine & Spirits today I picked up the last bottle of this.

Resized_20190722_160151.jpeg

23 hours ago, Vosgar said:

I find it interesting that for all the price increases we've been seeing for most whiskies, along with the grief many people here give Buffalo Trace, the price on their name sake bourbon is the same or a little less than it was when I first started buying it 10 years ago. 

Hope Fred doesnt read this.

• I like it 4

49 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Decided to add another Baker's to the bunker just for good measure.

I did the same thing! Had a pour of Baker's the other night and it was firing on all cylinders, so I stopped after work and grabbed the last one on the shelf.

• I like it 2

Thanks to another member i was able to replace my Rhetoric 25 with some backups at less then CA retail. 

Dont know if he wants his name thrown around, so i wont say, but thank you for your time and assistance in procuring these bottles.   

20190724_133040.jpg

Edited by skidfive
  • I like it 6

Missed another ehtbp after some shenanigans. Ended up with a W107 and Blantons. 

• I like it 1

On 7/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, macdad said:

Found some ER10 nearby yesterday.  Seems to be difficult to find in my neck of the woods.  I had a pour last night.  It was OK.  Not gonna lie, I am currently enjoying the WT101 more.  My palate is not very refined, though.

Sounds like you have looked beyond hype and labels and found a quality bourbon that is affordable and available. 

I’d recommend giving RR10 a run. 10 yrs and 90 proof, same as the ER10. You’ll likely find it a little less bossy than 101 but more layered with more depth. 

Me and @flahute and @kevinbrink and @bourbon4all always taking applications to the Lawrenceburg cult. 

• I like it 8

Purchased, opened, and currently enjoying. Old enough to not be young but could use some more time in oak. OTD for less than $44. Pleased with this one. 

B0C0AC22-BDAE-49DD-B611-4EA60EDD02E6.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Sounds like you have looked beyond hype and labels and found a quality bourbon that is affordable and available. 

I’d recommend giving RR10 a run. 10 yrs and 90 proof, same as the ER10. You’ll likely find it a little less bossy than 101 but more layered with more depth. 

Me and @flahute and @kevinbrink and @bourbon4all always taking applications to the Lawrenceburg cult. 

Thanks for the recommendation, Mako254.  I have a couple more on my list to try, and RR10 is one of them.  Your recommendation helps move that bottle to the top of the list.

I don't know if I am quite to the cult status yet, but I will definitely keep you guys in mind if I continue down this path!  ?

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I know I punched my card back in the 80s and  still goin strong. last night was a superb PSRR that GBS selected a few years back, just a knock out of a bourbon from before the latest rise in entry proof.

• I like it 1

Had to stop by my LS and pick up the bottle of my favorite “Mexican Bourbon” they had ordered for me, and was offered the W12 while there. Just could not say no. 

659F0064-698B-465A-A19A-7DC2C1F8EF07.jpeg

• I like it 8

12 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Had to stop by my LS and pick up the bottle of my favorite “Mexican Bourbon” they had ordered for me, and was offered the W12 while there. Just could not say no. 

Can I ask what you paid for the W12?  Impossible to find around here and if it does it's "tater priced".

9 minutes ago, pyro273 said:

Can I ask what you paid for the W12?  Impossible to find around here and if it does it's "tater priced".

I can't give out what I paid for it due to my relationship with with the store, but I will say it was a really good price compared to what I see elsewhere.  What do you consider "tater priced"?

3 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

I can't give out what I paid for it due to my relationship with with the store, but I will say it was a really good price compared to what I see elsewhere.  What do you consider "tater priced"?

Understood,  Might be opening a can of worms here but anything over $100 is where I say pass.

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

659F0064-698B-465A-A19A-7DC2C1F8EF07.jpeg

Nice!!  This never happens to me..... Maybe someday I'll get to buy/try W12.  

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Whitewhale said:

Nice!!  This never happens to me..... Maybe someday I'll get to buy/try W12.   

Ditto that, brother!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.