What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

I know I punched my card back in the 80s and  still goin strong. last night was a superb PSRR that GBS selected a few years back, just a knock out of a bourbon from before the latest rise in entry proof.

• I like it 1

While it wasn't today, my buddy and I flew out to Hattiesburg, MS for Lincoln Roads WFE release last weekend.  Was able to grab a couple of 17yrs, 15yrs, 8yrs, and one 5 year.  Between what he was charging and me pitching in for the gas for the plane, my bourbon budget is killed for the rest of the month.  

flight to LR.jpg

Lincoln Road Release.jpg

• I like it 15

While it wasn't today, my buddy and I flew out to Hattiesburg, MS for Lincoln Roads WFE release last weekend.  Was able to grab a couple of 17yrs, 15yrs, 8yrs, and one 5 year.  Between what he was charging and me pitching in for the gas for the plane, my bourbon budget is killed for the rest of the month.  

1927294642_flighttoLR.thumb.jpg.56abc6a92c067aa29d520439251d9a54.jpg
400168377_LincolnRoadRelease.thumb.jpg.a17f17440965bb9638881e180d7a259a.jpg

That would probably kill it for the rest of the year for most of us.
  • I like it 4

8 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

flight to LR.jpg

Lincoln Road Release.jpg

Rest of the month he says...

3CC3CF19-CBE5-40A5-91FD-E2550573E1A7.gif

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Rest of the month he says...

3CC3CF19-CBE5-40A5-91FD-E2550573E1A7.gif

This gif is PERFECT for this! Good work! One 17yr WFE would kill my yearly budget. 

• I like it 3

Headed over to Liquor Barn this morning and picked up the following. Been looking for a CEHT SiB, have been a fan of OGD 114 so I thought I'd give the BIB a shot, and who can pass up a 15 y.o. KC SiB? Answer, not this guy.

CEHT SIB.jpeg

KC 15 YR.jpeg

• I like it 4

1927294642_flighttoLR.thumb.jpg.56abc6a92c067aa29d520439251d9a54.jpg
400168377_LincolnRoadRelease.thumb.jpg.a17f17440965bb9638881e180d7a259a.jpg

Hope your buddy was flying and you where drinking? That’s actually pretty cool.

Hope you got some BBQ ribs or something before you flew back.

I was not expecting to stumble on Single Cask Nation 12 year MGP Light Whisky today. Looking forward to tasting this next to the SCN 25 year.

959B4B0F-DA16-4258-AC97-1D52FF752418.jpeg

• I like it 2

Went TDY to a conference last week in PA and took some extra time to drive, see some family, and oh yeah, bourbon surf a little thru 7 states on the round trip.  Nothing extraordinary or high $$, but stuff I've enjoyed and wanted to replace along with a few others I've wanted to try.

Resizer_15643485921860.thumb.jpg.6cfa9814c791673142ee055e7acc352c.jpg

The RY10 at $60 came from a PA state store, the Pikesville was a no-brainer at $40 from IN along with my first sighting of RY100pf on the shelf, the JJBsib from a VA state store, and $54 JTK - 12yr MGP - from TN.  The Melvale Rye is a 2-3yr low rye rye that says it's from IN and bottled in PA, as part of a MD whiskey heritage series....  Bought a bottle a few years ago when back in MD and enjoyed it, so glad to find another.

Edited by PowderKeg
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Star Trek bourbon?

Heard it tastes like Romulan Ale.

• I like it 2

Wild Turkey weekend. The 101 has a $5 mail in rebate bringing them to $16 each. Cornerstone was the opposite of cheap. Cracked it at the store for a small taste. Viscous and spicy, but even out of a little plastic cup very good. Will revisit soon. 

696D1331-6244-46F4-AA2C-10943DB3E005.jpeg

• I like it 7

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Star Trek bourbon?

Yeah, I'm weak....  If it didn't have a 12yr AS from MGP - or another big distiller - never would've gone for it.  And this is my 2nd bottle - paid WAAAAY too much for the first via my first and last online purchase, but at this price a 2nd was worth it just enough.  

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Well it's not blue and doesn't come in an old Dickel bottle, but I'll be sure not to serve it at any future dinner parties for visiting Klingons...

• I like it 2

Just returned from a trip to DC/MD last week. Went to Pine Orchard, The Perfect Pour, and TW in MD, and Schneider's and Potomac W&S in DC. The 4R picks varied from $63 at Pine Orchard to $86 at Schneider's. The KCSB picks were between $38 at Pine Orchard to $58 for the rest. The Barrell Bourbon is a 9yr SB from Potomac that is distilled in Indiana (MGP). That is the first Barrell SB that I've seen that wasn't TN/Dickel, and it was $80, so it was a no-brainer to get it. The others are a 1792 BIB SB from Pine Orchard and One Eight Distilling's Untitled #13, a 10yr MGP finished in almost Cognac, Spanish Brandy, and Oloroso, Amontillado and PX Sherry casks. This was $90.

The Armagnac is a 1974 Dartigalongue, aged 40 years. I've been looking for this year for a while and was surprised to find it since it was bottled in 2014. It was way up on the top shelf and covered in a nice layer of dust. It was $205 before taxes, and will make a nice xmas gift for the Mrs, since she loves Armagnac and this is her birth year.

On a side note, anybody seen the variant KCSB label before? When I was at Potomac W&S in DC, they said they split a barrel with another place. They had some of them with the regular label and their name on it, and then they had a couple with this label I've never seen before with the name of the other place (Aman & Anil). It's a sticker that is placed over the regular older-style KCSB label.

IMG_7073 small.jpg

IMG_7086 small.jpg

IMG_7087 small.jpg

• I like it 2

Well it's not blue and doesn't come in an old Dickel bottle, but I'll be sure not to serve it at any future dinner parties for visiting Klingons...

Wait it’s 12 year MGP? Sorry, carry on.

Still probably not as good as Romulan Ale.

12 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Heard Star Trek bourbon would Klingon the palate.

• I like it 2

40 minutes ago, Rick M. said:

Heard Star Trek bourbon would Klingon the palate.

GROAN!  

I heard their mission is to drink bourbon where no man has drunk bourbon before.  I think it's a 5 year mission.

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

GROAN!  

I heard their mission is to drink bourbon where no man has drunk bourbon before.  I think it's a 5 year mission.

Mission accomplished!

Ok, I know it's not bourbon, but there's Blanton's bourbon (L&K regular, UK export Gold, and a 127.6 pf SFTB) in background!  That's gotta' count for something, no???   ?

20190729_163843.jpg

Kavalan Soloist Single Cask Strength (57.1% ABV, 114.2 pf) Vinho Barrique Finished just arrived from Japan!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

20 hours ago, silverc said:

Just returned from a trip to DC/MD last week. Went to Pine Orchard, The Perfect Pour, and TW in MD, and Schneider's and Potomac W&S in DC. The 4R picks varied from $63 at Pine Orchard to $86 at Schneider's. The KCSB picks were between $38 at Pine Orchard to $58 for the rest. The Barrell Bourbon is a 9yr SB from Potomac that is distilled in Indiana (MGP). That is the first Barrell SB that I've seen that wasn't TN/Dickel, and it was $80, so it was a no-brainer to get it. The others are a 1792 BIB SB from Pine Orchard and One Eight Distilling's Untitled #13, a 10yr MGP finished in almost Cognac, Spanish Brandy, and Oloroso, Amontillado and PX Sherry casks. This was $90.

The Armagnac is a 1974 Dartigalongue, aged 40 years. I've been looking for this year for a while and was surprised to find it since it was bottled in 2014. It was way up on the top shelf and covered in a nice layer of dust. It was $205 before taxes, and will make a nice xmas gift for the Mrs, since she loves Armagnac and this is her birth year.

On a side note, anybody seen the variant KCSB label before? When I was at Potomac W&S in DC, they said they split a barrel with another place. They had some of them with the regular label and their name on it, and then they had a couple with this label I've never seen before with the name of the other place (Aman & Anil). It's a sticker that is placed over the regular older-style KCSB label.

IMG_7073 small.jpg

IMG_7086 small.jpg

IMG_7087 small.jpg

If you don't mind, what were the recipes of the Four Roses picks? Hard to see in the picture.

6 minutes ago, Jazz June said:

If you don't mind, what were the recipes of the Four Roses picks? Hard to see in the picture.

OBSF from Potomac W&S

OBSF from Schneider's of Capitol Hill

OBSV from Pine Orchard

OESV from Total Wine (Laurel, MD store)

I passed on an OBSV and an OESK from Schneider's that were $89 each. Schneider's also had a Belle Meade Cask Strength Cognac Finish selected for Washington DC that was $109 that I wanted to get but skipped.

IMG_7075.JPG

I stopped at a store Saturday just to touch base and say hi to the manager. Although he didn’t need to, he made sure to point out that he had Weller SR on the shelf. Yes I did. :P One came home with me.

Regular shopping Sunday, and although I was tempted, I didn’t buy a thing. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

Managed to score a bottle of ETL in the state lottery and picked it up today. While ETL is not what it used to be, you still can't beat it for under $40 out the door.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.