What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's summer!  Time to put those bottles in the freezer and drink it cold (if that's your cup of tea, I mean bourbon).

Last night while watching my Louisville Cardinals come from behind to beat Miss. St. I enjoyed a pour of Jim Beam Distiller's Cut.  Actually I was so nervous I had to have a pour to calm me down.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 1

Been on a kick of going through bottles that I really like, but just haven't poured in a while.  Tonight's special guest - SB Blend (70/30, heavy on OWA) that I mingled a couple years back.  I experimented with different ratios, and always preferred more OWA (although never could decide between 60/40 or 70/30 - so made some of each!)  Hitting the spot, with caramel and toffee (and a hint of butterscotch that I don't usually get with this).  

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Been on a kick of going through bottles that I really like, but just haven't poured in a while.  Tonight's special guest - SB Blend (70/30, heavy on OWA) that I mingled a couple years back.  I experimented with different ratios, and always preferred more OWA (although never could decide between 60/40 or 70/30 - so made some of each!)  Hitting the spot, with caramel and toffee (and a hint of butterscotch that I don't usually get with this).  

Now, you up and makin’ me have to whip up an SB Blend, myself!  :D  I like a bit more OWA in there, as well.  I think the extra viscosity provided by OWA is more in line with the mouth feel of its intended target, Weller Centennial.  The mouthfeel improvement more than offsets the slightly higher proof, for me.  

• I like it 3

Drinking some EH Taylor SmB to celebrate Michigan making it to the championship of the College World Series.  Go Blue!

Tonight, some Bakers with a splash of water,  watching the Phils on Chase Utley tribute night.

Friday night, a good day at work, and the Braves are winning again. It feels like a W12 kind of evening. 

3EEDB199-D035-416F-82CF-2C4486F58FB4.jpeg

• I like it 5

Enjoying my mix of MMCS and WSR. Waiting to see Pujols return to the STL.

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Enjoying my mix of MMCS and WSR. Waiting to see Pujols return to the STL.

Cheers to Pujols being back in STL.  I'm having a pour of ECBP B518. Big flavors for a big night at Busch. 

• I like it 2

FR SiB for me.  Spice at first then brown sugar later on.  I think I let it breathe a little too much this time.

• I like it 1

I'm having some Ezra Brooks 90 proof.

I'm really enjoying this, better than I expected.  I call it an easy drinker, no rough edges, nothing too complicated.

We assume made by HH.  I wonder, does Lux Row have their own rack houses, or do they get 4 year old whiskey and directly bottle it?

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

I wonder, does Lux Row have their own rack houses, or do they get 4 year old whiskey and directly bottle it?

When we drove by in April, pretty sure there were 3. And when we toured last year, I'm pretty sure they said that they are building 6. They haven't been distilling long enough to have a 4yr old yet.

11 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Friday night, a good day at work, and the Braves are winning again. It feels like a W12 kind of evening. 

Ahem. :) 

• I like it 1

Started my 40th bday celebrations last night. Had a couple buddies over for cigars and of course bourbon. Started everyone out with some ORVW10 then did a few blind pours and tried a couple others.
IMG_2880.jpg

• I like it 6

9 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Started my 40th bday celebrations last night. Had a couple buddies over for cigars and of course bourbon. Started everyone out with some ORVW10 then did a few blind pours and tried a couple others.

Happy Birthday! Very nice line up. 

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

AGREE with beasled!   Very nice line up.   Congrats upon entering into the second third of your young life, marshall9779.   You're out from under the 'expectations' of life, and aware enough of the 'possibilities' thereof that still exist, yet still naive enough to believe in some of 'em.   It's wonderful to be young ... if I remember correctly (a presumption many wouldn't necessarily make of me, I fear).   

Enjoy the next 25-years or so, before it all starts going in the wrong direction.  HA! :D  (Hopefully not too quickly...)

• I like it 2

Wife is now home from work, full time dad responsibility is now "as needed".

I love this pour, pure Kentucky honey IMG_20190622_172228155.jpg

• I like it 2

Probably my first ever Woodford Reserve from a glass bottle, thanks to Delta. 

96F2530A-2170-47F7-9B92-1CCAAA6D1129.thumb.jpeg.9db61d57056ae1a0967250a6aec3c3bc.jpeg

• I like it 2

First pour as a 40 something. Out at Civil Cigar Lounge in DC.

IMG_2887.thumb.jpg.a7b41e7c09c1c8fd8875f6b42bb06434.jpg

• I like it 6

Had several pours from my 'infinity bottle' (which contains about 35-different Bourbons by now, I imagine; but, who counts, right?).   Putting all top quality Bourbons results in a very nice (if somewhat variable from time to time) departure from standard brands.   I really enjoy it most times.  :P  Today was no different.

• I like it 4

Started with a little EHTsmb followed by some 1792bib, all while re-watching the second season of Boardwalk Empire.  Nucky ragged on Mr Kessler for letting a decanter run out of bourbon in one scene.   

Also noted a bottle of "Maryland Whiskey" on the front porch between Nucky and Eli in another.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.