What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, dad-proof said:

ET BIB on ice. Man, I'm glad this is now available in Atlanta.

I have a fondness .. errrr a sucker for BIB’s... this one intrigues me. Does anyone know if it’s made it to ‘bama, or will?? 

Cracked this one last night. Enjoying out of the gate. Even fresh the nose has no ethanol. Love the bottle and color of this.
IMG_2912.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, marshall9779 said:

Cracked this one last night. Enjoying out of the gate. Even fresh the nose has no ethanol. Love the bottle and color of this.
IMG_2912.jpg

Had this at a local establishment.  Quickly became a favorite.  Finally got a couple of bottles for the home bar.

Grandpa Weller blend while watching the smoker which holds a rack of St. Louis ribs.  Two hours down, 2.5 to go @ 225-240F.  Why watch?  To be sure nobody lifts the lid to peek.

• I like it 5

Long, hot day at work. Got home and had a pour of Weller SR with an extra cube. Man it really hit the spot. Then I got to thinkin’. :huh:  A number of folks here have mentioned keeping bourbon/whiskey in their fridge or freezer during the summer. Heck, I did this myself with a HH6 BIB a couple of years ago. Sooooooo, I grabbed a Weller SR from the bunker,  and it now resides in my fridge. :D  I have no doubt. ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I grabbed a Weller SR from the bunker,  and it now resides in my fridge.

Biba! Joe

You do realize that your better half will now be able to see how fast that bottle disappears.....

• I like it 2

24 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

You do realize that your better half will now be able to see how fast that bottle disappears.....

Been there...  

F1053581-08AF-4190-9F73-D2209217C494.jpeg

• I like it 2

27 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

You never separate one from the herd!

• I like it 1

Just had some delicious fried chicken at South City in ATL (in town for work), now trying the Barrell Infinity bottle as dessert. Everything else on their bourbon menu I've had so why not!? 

15628001953641995297229.jpg

Edited by dcbt

6 minutes ago, JMFH said:

Breaking out the 20 year to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary.

spacer.png

Happy Anniversary! Nice healthy pour!

• I like it 2

52 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

You never separate one from the herd!

Correct. Crowd em all in together. 

• I like it 2

On 7/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, smokinjoe said:

One of my Top 5.  Opened this up after a prolonged stay in the cabinet and the nose just rushed out and blasted me with an onslaught of caramelly candy shop and  rickhouse on a hot Summer day.  Great caramel, brown sugar, and dark fruits.  Huge mouthfeel and thick viscosity.  I betcha HH has the stocks to do another release of this.  If they do, my wallet will get drained.  

1462C302-76C8-4FA2-B27B-BB93CEFB742C.jpeg

I wish, the only problem is the great, genius, Master Distiller, of a man that made it, is no more.... But, HH could try...:P

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 1

Breaking out the 20 year to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary.
48253101567_481b5b53c5_c.jpg

Wow nice and congrats on both fronts. As mentioned previously what a pour.
  • I like it 1

Started with some Rare Breed, now onto my favorite Kentucky Spirit store pick.

I really wanted a pour of WT101 and I can't find any of my bottles! I need the wife to go out of town so I can pull everything out and catalog better.

• I like it 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:43 PM, jwperry said:
On 7/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, kevinbrink said:
Why not as long as it's at least 51 % corn, etc...

It tastes like toasted marshmallow, which is so unique in the whiskey I've tried. Looking at the label, it is a KSBW, so I guess it is? Tastes like a camping dessert...I love it.

Oat as the flavoring grain doesn't matter so long as it's 51% corn and meets all the other requirements. So yes, it's a KSBW.

• I like it 3

On 7/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, smokinjoe said:

One of my Top 5.  Opened this up after a prolonged stay in the cabinet and the nose just rushed out and blasted me with an onslaught of caramelly candy shop and  rickhouse on a hot Summer day.  Great caramel, brown sugar, and dark fruits.  Huge mouthfeel and thick viscosity.  I betcha HH has the stocks to do another release of this.  If they do, my wallet will get drained.  

1462C302-76C8-4FA2-B27B-BB93CEFB742C.jpeg

They do. And if they do, I am their huckleberry.

• I like it 1

...I'm not sure I would be in at the inevitable 300 price point and the street fight to get one. Unbelievably delicious as it is.

Edited by The Black Tot

A blend of J. Magnus and HMbib on ice. Had them both in a bottle for a while and I think they are getting along just fine.

When in Wyoming........

1B415B14-7B27-4442-A6A7-282B63C1CFA7.jpeg

Im guessing this is a @WhiskeyBlender selection. 

Not bad. Way better than the standard WW I tried about three years ago. 

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.