What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dropped my “little” girl off at college for her freshman year. Officially an empty nester I guess. ORVW it is then.
IMG_3208.thumb.jpg.4fdb0c578ad10af90c80f27950ecc4b2.jpg

And followed up with a Blanton’s Gold. Guess I’m hitting the good stuff tonight.
  • I like it 6

17 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

IMG_1917.jpg

Your glass and the bottle appear to have reached equilibrium.  You need to resolve that problem.

• I like it 2

WTRB.. The wing’s on this Turkey bottle are about clipped. :( It’s served it’s master well, but may not make it through the night. Not many pours, if any, that I enjoy more on a weekly basis..

• I like it 4

Walk off grand slam by Bryce Harper and the Phightin' Phils sweep the Cubs in the most exciting game of the year!    The drink to celebrate with is Murray Hill Club, batch 15.  Smooth as a lover's caress.   Here's to better days!

14 hours ago, jwperry said:

Way better than this year's A release.

Which batch is that?  A118? Can't read the label in your photo. 

11 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

Walk off grand slam by Bryce Harper and the Phightin' Phils sweep the Cubs in the most exciting 3 innings of the year!    The drink to celebrate with is Murray Hill Club, batch 15.  Smooth as a lover's caress.   Here's to better days!

Fixed that for you.  Cubbies bullpen will be the end all of this season, Darvish had the Phill’s handcuffed majority of the game

Edited by TehRegion219

What’s the best whiskey Beam makes, you might ask?  Well for me, that would be Baker’s.  So, Cheers! to the start of this weekend with a pour of Baker’s.  :D

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

What’s the best whiskey Beam makes, you might ask?  Well for me, that would be Baker’s.  So, Cheers! to the start of this weekend with a pour of Baker’s.  :D

Great minds . . . well . . . er . . . ok, at least WE thought alike :lol:  Cracked open a Baker's, and marveling at what a sound, straight-down-the-middle, solid bourbon this is.  Not to throw shade at JB Distiller's Cut (at half the price of Baker's . . . er . . . that's a tough call), but I think this is my fav-for-the-money from Beam.  

Russels Reserve Loch and Key pick from Warehouse M Floor 5.

Now a shot of OGD BiB in my sweet tea.

The wife is drinking wine. Boooooorrrring 

A little SBS action after another long work week. 

Diamond is a little more refined with more fruit flavors.  Goes down way too easy.   This bottle rarely gets the respect it deserves. 

DR 13y is not quite as polished, and it’s rough edges come through beautifully in that classic WT profile kinda way. 

More caramel than fruit.

Both similar, different, and very good in their own special ways. 

Yum!

??

D9D082C4-53E3-4AD1-9BE9-78B8B555F60F.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 4

What else but some Weller. :P  Weller 12 this evening. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I love Baker's.  Just notice that the local Kroger which generally has the lowest prices have raise their price on Baker's.  While a price increase is never good, given today's market, I am not certain that the price increase is unreasonable.  It is now $59.99.  I can still find it cheaper but it is closing the gap on Booker's.

Edited by mbroo5880i

3 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Russels Reserve Loch and Key pick from Warehouse M Floor 5.

Now a shot of OGD BiB in my sweet tea.

The wife is drinking wine. Boooooorrrring 

Depends on how much wine she drinks! ?

I am drinking 1792 Store Select Full Proof.  Some say they find this a hot mess, but I have enjoyed every bottle I have had.

• I like it 1

47 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Depends on how much wine she drinks! ?

I am drinking 1792 Store Select Full Proof.  Some say they find this a hot mess, but I have enjoyed every bottle I have had.

I've had good luck too and I've had several different barrel picks.  The one Full Proof I didn't care for was the standard stock version (not a private select).  It was okay but the bad outweighed the good (too hot with not enough redeeming flavor).  My solution for that bottle has been to blend it with my 1792 Port bottle, which I didn't care for on its own either.  I'm gradually making my way through the blend and it's decent.

5 hours ago, GaryT said:

Great minds . . . well . . . er . . . ok, at least WE thought alike :lol:  Cracked open a Baker's, and marveling at what a sound, straight-down-the-middle, solid bourbon this is.  Not to throw shade at JB Distiller's Cut (at half the price of Baker's . . . er . . . that's a tough call), but I think this is my fav-for-the-money from Beam.  

I love Baker's.  Have you tried blending Baker's with Distiller's Cut?  I liked it.  Adds some of the NCF texture to the great balance of Baker's.  Side benefit that it makes a Baker's bottle last longer without changing the overall taste (since they are similar).  Win win

• I like it 3

I warmed up with EWSB 2010.  It's a good warm up, but time for something more.  All this Baker's/DC talk has made the decision easy for me.  The blend is next...

7 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Got home a little early today, so might as well get started.  

I like your logic...

• I like it 1

Staring at an older bottle of OWA (previous bottle, squat profile) in the cabinet.   Since I've been sipping Baker's tonight I decided on an impromptu 107 proof face-off, Bakers vs OWA.

Drinking OWA after drinking Baker's is a joke.  In comparison, OWA lacks depth, complexity, tastes thin compared to Baker's, etc. etc I can go on.  But basically standard OWA is a cheap bourbon that's amped up  to a respectable 107 proof.  But that's all it is.  It's Maker's Mark on steroids, but has the Tater stamp of approval for some reason.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

I love Baker's.  Have you tried blending Baker's with Distiller's Cut?  I liked it.  Adds some of the NCF texture to the great balance of Baker's.  Side benefit that it makes a Baker's bottle last longer without changing the overall taste (since they are similar).  Win win

No, but am adding that to my weekend to-do list!  

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Staring at an older bottle of OWA (previous bottle, squat profile) in the cabinet.   Since I've been sipping Baker's tonight I decided on an impromptu 107 proof face-off, Bakers vs OWA.

Drinking OWA after drinking Baker's is a joke.  In comparison, OWA lacks depth, complexity, tastes thin compared to Baker's, etc. etc I can go on.  But basically standard OWA is a cheap bourbon that's amped up  to a respectable 107 proof.  But that's all it is.  It's Maker's Mark on steroids, but has the Tater stamp of approval for some reason.

I like Baker's - what proportions of Baker's and Distiller's Cut do you use in your blend?  50:50?

I like OWA/WA107 (Loch & K(e)y Society picks) and Maker's Mark Private Stock, too.  Does that make me a "Tater" now or just an everlovin' Bourbon drinkin' kinda' guy???   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:14 PM, smokinjoe said:

Not necessarily my fav, but on any given night, my crave!!!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.