What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, BusterChestnut said:

Good taste in football and whiskey ?

Go dawgs

Good taste in whiskey anyway. ;) ROLL TIDE! 

Edited by hollywood
Incorrect spelling
  • I like it 1

18 hours ago, dad-proof said:

Georgia fan. Here for work and planning to make a weekend of it, and go to the game if I can find reasonable tickets.

Rollong right along with a downgrade to a $9 pour:

IMG_20190829_185339.thumb.jpg.6ad3dbd894bee0460b1a10d2d08ac20a.jpg

What a steal!

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

What a steal!

The prices were about half of what I consider to be a reasonable deal in ATL.

• I like it 1

Enjoying some more than others, haha

IMG_20190830_121746.thumb.jpg.bd0f9ae54d1c117b14bdfe6963850c3f.jpg

Where does vitamin go under those tasting notes, dry/astringent?
  • I like it 1

Enjoying a nice, unexpected t-storm (good job meteorologists, keep collecting those paychecks no matter what!), after getting sideswiped during my 5K run, raced home against a sudden vicious wind but beat the rain, now sitting on the patio with some bowman port while the storm passes overhead.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

Enjoying a nice, unexpected t-storm (good job meteorologists, keep collecting those paychecks no matter what!), after getting sideswiped during my 5K run, raced home against a sudden vicious wind but beat the rain, now sitting on the patio with some bowman port while the storm passes overhead.

One of my favorite pastimes.  

Always wanted to try this one.  It's pretty good but, for the $$, I think I prefer Rittenhouse,  or Old Forester rye.  If it was on sale, I'd buy it again, as a change up.

20190830_204009.jpg

• I like it 1

Small reward after a long week and a half. Traveled a week for work, working third shift and 20 hours of overtime. The overtime, night shift differential and per diem made it worth it. Plus getting to climb that big ass mountain.
IMG_3204.JPG

• I like it 10

Finally made it back up to the Resort. Off until the 9th for some well deserved time off. Having a bit of Michter’s tonight.  It is good but not my in my favorite taste profile. 

DC33E6C4-F414-480A-A918-89C6A3810D74.jpeg

• I like it 2

Enjoyed some 2015 OESF last night. 10 yrs 5 months in the barrel.

When I cracked this a month ago I did not care for the flavor profile. I was doing a blind tasting with a Stagg Jr. batch 8 and preferred the Stagg by a long shot. The 4R tasted like basil. I love a good pesto, but not a flavor I look for in bourbon. I revisited the bottle a couple weeks later after a little air time and it had completely changed. It tasted like pecan pie filling, and I have been enjoying it immensely ever since. 

4roses2.1.jpg

4roses.1.jpg

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Always wanted to try this one.  It's pretty good but, for the $$, I think I prefer Rittenhouse,  or Old Forester rye.  If it was on sale, I'd buy it again, as a change up.

20190830_204009.jpg

I agree with you.  I liked it but hoped it would be a little bolder ( it is compared with the regular Old Overholt bit I wanted more).  I would buy again but Ritt is cheaper here.

Drinking regular Four Roses yellow/tan label (whatever it is now).  Not my usual thing but my kids bought it for me.  I'm enjoying it though.  The lightness  and sweet floral notes are working right now.

• I like it 1

Stagg Jr. batch 11 while watching some college football. I am glad I only purchased one bottle of this one., as it is not as good as batches 9 and 10 (of which there are spares in the stash). 

Fighting Cock 6 yr to ring in the opening weekend of college football.  This whiskey is my Saturday go-to for the next several months!  

F45326C8-FCC3-4766-80EA-0EB35486E3B3.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

I agree with you.  I liked it but hoped it would be a little bolder ( it is compared with the regular Old Overholt bit I wanted more).  I would buy again but Ritt is cheaper here.

Yeah, it costs the same as Rittenhouse here...

Having a bit of Buffalo Trace tonight. Wife is having some Patron Anejo neat. Put a pork butt on the smoker tonight for tomorrow. 

0B7F8C1C-C4B8-4C35-BAD6-8A8CFBAD89E9.jpeg

• I like it 3

Having some "crafted" tonight. I don't really notice a change in profile from BIB but admit I'm not doing SBS. At any rate, for under $15 I can't complain.

20190831_215414-784x1613.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.