What bourbon did you pass on, Summer 2019?

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I seriously considered pulling the trigger, but I decided I wasnt wanting to spend $69.99 on bourbon today. These are 375s.

20190909_165105.jpg

53 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I seriously considered pulling the trigger, but I decided I wasnt wanting to spend $69.99 on bourbon today. These are 375s.

20190909_165105.jpg

That would have been very tempting at that price. 

20190909_165105.thumb.jpg.e680aae999bd28d6cf166392b1ef2c23.jpg

I would have thought more than seriously about that, and then pulled out my wallet. That’s not a bad price for that set.
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

That would have been very tempting at that price. 

59 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I would have thought more than seriously about that, and then pulled out my wallet. That’s not a bad price for that set.

I agree, that's a really good price. They basically have a pallet full. I'll likely have one bu the weekend.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Patrick_OKC said:

Doesn't seem all that long ago that I was grabbing EC18 at $35 to $38, right after it was announced that it would be pulled and then coming back at $120.  Yikes. I still view Bookers as a $38 to $43 bourbon, but I will flinch and buy it at the going price these days.

BTW, JJ, I grew up in McLean, and worked in Falls Church as a teenager in high school.  A very long time ago.

Pat

The area has probably changed even more than the bourbon prices have, but I still like it here.

Passed on HMK10 at $50 from an online retailer that just recently sold it for $28.  $50 will still buy a KCSB store pick...

• I like it 1

Kentucky Owl 10 yr Rye showed up today.  I hear it's good, but didn't want to spend the $200 to try it.  I expect that was msrp too...

20190909_165105.thumb.jpg.e680aae999bd28d6cf166392b1ef2c23.jpg

I don’t think I could’ve passed. That cask strength 46 is interesting. Considering it’s 1.5 bottles of cask strength the price isn’t terribly out of line at all.

I don’t think I could’ve passed. That cask strength 46 is interesting. Considering it’s 1.5 bottles of cask strength the price isn’t terribly out of line at all.

I think the price is actually a screaming deal when you consider that you’re getting the equivalent of 1.5 cask strength bottles, and two of those bottles normally sell for around $70 per 750ml bottle.
  • I like it 3

On 9/4/2019 at 6:34 PM, HoustonNit said:

Just sad, I’d really like to try this but WT missed the mark again by overpricing there LEs. Maybe they have a different model there working towards in which there LEs are priced at a range only for folks with a bunch of money and not intended to fly off the shelf or be a marketing tool for there lower end products. They don’t need the marketing, they have plenty of there standard product that sells itself.

And I read a recent post that a rare breed rye is in the works so its easy to pass on this one ( pricing killed it for me anyway).

• I like it 4

Passed on  

JD SiB binnys picks ( like 6 different barrels)

JD cask strength

baby saz 

FR SiB binnys pick I forget the recepie 

CEHT sb

woodford wheat and malt. I had the wheat one in hand till I seen the OF SiB on the bottom shelf. 

14 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

And I read a recent post that a rare breed rye is in the works so its easy to pass on this one ( pricing killed it for me anyway).

Oh really? That's very good news indeed.

• I like it 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, EarthQuake said:

Oh really? That's very good news indeed.

My understanding is that this is true.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, flahute said:

My understanding is that this is true.

Can confirm

WT Rare Breed Rye is coming in 2020. Blend of 4,6, and 8 yr per Eddie. 

81 proof WT rye to be discontinued. 

Eddie and Bruce pushing hard for NCF. 

• I like it 9

19 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Can confirm

Interesting to know if they replace the WT81 with anything in foreign markets. Whilst you can get the 101 Rye in some countries, here in the UK the only rye officially distributed is the 81.. hopefully they replace it with the RB Rye, as we get the bourbon. 

Can confirm

I think as is most everyone on here I’m not a fan of the 81proof but really enjoy the 101 rye. Often times I’ve been in the buying mood for the 101 but all I see is 81. I hope the 101 is as widely distributed as the 81 currently is when 81 disappears.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

I think as is most everyone on here I’m not a fan of the 81proof but really enjoy the 101 rye. Often times I’ve been in the buying mood for the 101 but all I see is 81. I hope the 101 is as widely distributed as the 81 currently is when 81 disappears.

101 rye should see more distribution 

Rye stocks still stretched and having RR 6yr 90 fits the bill of a lower proof rye. 

I ate at a burger/bistro yesterday for lunch. There just so happened to be a liquor store next door. It’s one I don’t particularly care for, but I had to stop and take a peak. And here’s why I don’t like this store. They had Weller SR for $69.99 and ER for $42.99. I can drive just a few miles down the road and get Weller SR for $27.99 and ER for $28.99.  

Today was a different story ‘cause I passed on items with great prices. Left on the shelf were  MMCS for $39.99, BT for $21.59 and MM46 PS for $61.99. 

Biba! Joe

16 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

SAOS Straight Bourbon Whiskey.. looks like 5 year MGP $39

Was it the new barrel proof or the old  99 proof?

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Was it the new barrel proof or the old  99 proof?

99 proof Batch 2 Sarah

• I like it 2

On 9/13/2019 at 7:16 AM, Mako254 said:

Can confirm

So a 4 year rye then. They seem to really try to dance around the rule that says you’re only allowed to list the youngest age juice in a blend, at least on the label

52 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

So a 4 year rye then. They seem to really try to dance around the rule that says you’re only allowed to list the youngest age juice in a blend, at least on the label

WT doesn’t age state except on RR or special releases to my knowledge. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.