smokinjoe

What Dram Are You Enjoying Summer 2019

Marekv8

"Proprietary Cocktail No. 25" from The Good Spirits Co. in Glasgow. A solera blend housed in a quarter cask within the store containing a variety of cask strength malts teaspooned with orange bitters and vermouth as to qualify as a cocktail (54% ABV) to keep the SWA happy. What fun.

IMG_2271.thumb.jpg.eae66d7df95f4ff0575014174995b0c7.jpg

• I like it 1

lcpfratn

Gary unintentionally inspired me to open a bottle of 18yr Tomatin this afternoon, which was a very nice pour, and from there I continued on the sherry bomb train with a hefty pour of Glenfarclas 105! I’m taking a break for dinner, but trying to decide whether I continue with another sherry bomb or move on to something else later this evening.

Vosgar
2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Gary unintentionally inspired me to open a bottle of 18yr Tomatin this afternoon

I'm pretty good at doing things unintentionally :blink: 

• I like it 1

dad-proof
On 8/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, Marekv8 said:

A “traditional” albeit NAS version of Ben Nevis— smoky, oily/mineral and gutsy. Picked it up on a whim, and very glad I did. 

F234D244-9C74-4A4C-991D-1C2159A1AABB.thumb.jpeg.95565e7f0772e3c80c89f9b8a23612dc.jpeg

Oh man, I didn't know this existed, but instant MUST have for being my surname - I'm off to hit up my UK co-workers for a favor now... Thanks!

• I like it 1

beasled

20190805_213425.jpg

• I like it 3

Marekv8

So unusual— a Lowland home run with a waxy Lemon Pledge furniture polish thread running through it. 

B498C4A6-A87A-49C0-9BBA-B5FDB2EC45A6.thumb.jpeg.13fd0c80316c79ec80d664ef280421e4.jpeg

• I like it 2

flahute

A rare deviation for me last night (must be something in the water again Vosgar!)

Our neighbor was over for what has become a weekly grill out and I remembered that he likes Irish whiskey so I brought some up for us.

Started with Redbreast 12yr Cask Strength. Whoo boy is that good with a few drops added. Then followed with Jameson 18yr which paled a bit.

He was still game so I grabbed the Powers John Lane 12yr and found that one to be extremely flavorable despite being the last pour of the night after a boulevardier, wine, and the aforementioned whiskies.

I have clearly ignored the Irish for far too long given how much I enjoyed them last night and the change of pace was quite welcome.

• I like it 3

beasled
22 minutes ago, flahute said:

A rare deviation for me last night (must be something in the water again Vosgar!)

Our neighbor was over for what has become a weekly grill out and I remembered that he likes Irish whiskey so I brought some up for us.

Started with Redbreast 12yr Cask Strength. Whoo boy is that good with a few drops added. Then followed with Jameson 18yr which paled a bit.

He was still game so I grabbed the Powers John Lane 12yr and found that one to be extremely flavorable despite being the last pour of the night after a boulevardier, wine, and the aforementioned whiskies.

I have clearly ignored the Irish for far too long given how much I enjoyed them last night and the change of pace was quite welcome.

The Powers 12 is exceptional I thought! 

Having a pour of Edradour 10 tonight, which is pretty tasty given the low proof. 

• I like it 2

flahute
1 hour ago, beasled said:

The Powers 12 is exceptional I thought! 

Having a pour of Edradour 10 tonight, which is pretty tasty given the low proof. 

Definitely an eye opener for me! I'll be going back to it more often and sooner for sure.

• I like it 1

Vosgar
2 hours ago, flahute said:

Let's see.......smokinjoe is your brother........maybe I'm a deviant 2nd cousin?

flahute
22 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Let's see.......smokinjoe is your brother........maybe I'm a deviant 2nd cousin?

We’ll take you! Next family reunion is going to be epic. 

• I like it 1

smokinjoe
31 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

7 minutes ago, flahute said:

We’ll take you! Next family reunion is going to be epic. 

Cheers to The Brotherhood!  :D

C971EDB9-2B44-4000-AE2F-101E17F8AB44.jpeg

• I like it 3

Rick M.
16 hours ago, flahute said:

Definitely an eye opener for me! I'll be going back to it more often and sooner for sure.

Even the cheaper NAS Powers Signature is a very  enjoyable pour.

Guss West

I am absolutely loving this Glen Scotia Double Cask.  Integrity malt, NAS, less than $50. 

I think I'm falling in love with Campbeltown whiskey all over again.   

• I like it 1

beasled
8 hours ago, Guss West said:

I am absolutely loving this Glen Scotia Double Cask.  Integrity malt, NAS, less than $50. 

I think I'm falling in love with Campbeltown whiskey all over again.   

The GS 15 is one of my top malts, they're making some good stuff. 

• I like it 2

Guss West

I bought the 15 at the same time and am going to save it for a Campbeltown Throwdown Extravaganza! 

smokinjoe

The Writer’s Tears “Copper Pot” is not as nice as the “Red Head”, but that is not meant disparagingly.  The Red Head is simply awesome.  Copper Pot is solid and well priced.  Nice finish-the-bottle pour this early evening.  Plus, the metal screw cap makes for a nice seal to repurpose the bottle as a vessel for my batch of hummingbird food I cooked up this morning!  :D

43C77319-C4F9-416B-98B7-06A535082183.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1